Pages:
Author

Topic: EasyMiner - new version with Auto speed tuning - page 3. (Read 22829 times)

Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Mostly Harmless...
Trying it out now as well. Thanks.
BFL
Activity: 217
I'm downloading the auto-tune package now, but the easyminer link still appears to be dead.

Checking....     OK, fixed.

Confirmed working.  Some are taking longer to process than others, but so far so good. The one that finished auto tuned at 896Mh.  Does the auto tune automatically install the firmware or must I o it manually?  Thanks!

EasyMiner takes care of all the details for you.  After tuning, it's ready to unplug and go.  Nothing more is required.
Activity: 557
Merit: 500
I'm downloading the auto-tune package now, but the easyminer link still appears to be dead.

Checking....     OK, fixed.

Confirmed working.  Some are taking longer to process than others, but so far so good. The one that finished auto tuned at 896Mh.  Does the auto tune automatically install the firmware or must I o it manually?  Thanks!
Activity: 557
Merit: 500

Me 2
BFL

Checking....     OK, fixed.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
BFL
EasyMiner version 1.2 Beta is now up on the site's driver download page.

http://www.butterflylabs.com/drivers/

It's best new feature is Auto-Tune which finds the optimal firmware speed for each individual unit.  If you don't already know, every BitForce Single has it's individual variance in performance capability relative to heat.  This is the natural result of our using full wafer chips.  The nominal performance is 832 mh/s at 72F, but will range + - 10% from there.  Some can even run much faster.  The temperature of the air it's operating in makes a BIG difference.  

Using EasyMiner to make sure your units are getting the best performance in any given temperature situation should help you get the most out of your units without hours of manual observation testing individual firmwares.

You'll need the latest version of EasyMiner and the Auto Tune firmware package which is also on the site's driver download page.

To use Auto Tune, right click on the unit(s) you'd like tuned and choose 'Auto Tune' from the menu.  It'll ask you to point it to the auto tune package file we've provided.  EasyMiner will take care of the rest.

Regards,
BFL

PS.  Try auto-tuning your units at different room temperatures and you'll see a difference in performance.
Pages:
Jump to: