Pages:
Author

Topic: EBang 14nm 6.3T (140W/T) BTC Miner for sale soon - page 2. (Read 7702 times)

Activity: 441
Merit: 250
No zuo no die why you try, u zuo u die dont be shy
Is anyone here seriously interested in buying from them? I have got in discussions with their sales (in Chinese) and I believe they are legit.
Activity: 460
Merit: 254
Wow, if this is real it might cause some competition again in the ASIC industry would be exciting to see them compete against Bitmain.
We may even get some price drops out of it Cheesy

The efficiency is lower than S9. If you pay electricity, then it is better to use S9 if the price is not very cheap.
legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009
Anyone seen these out in the wild yet?
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
It is available @ Aliexpress,
Activity: 9
When I am about to place an order for 10 units E9, the sales person requested 50% up front payment. I stepped back after that.

They're willing to front you 50%?

VERY generous for the cryptocoin mining industry, which has traditionally been "FULL payment in advance".

What I mean is they are currently out of stock, but will be available by the end of December. If want to order now, they are requesting me to pay 50% as deposit and pay the remaining 50% when those miners are ready to ship. That's a red flag for me.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Cool to see, but would love to find a review!
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
if they sold 5000 units  at 6.3th that is 31.5ph

we will get a good spike this diff will be over 5% again
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
When I am about to place an order for 10 units E9, the sales person requested 50% up front payment. I stepped back after that.

VERY generous for the cryptocoin mining industry, which has traditionally been "FULL payment in advance".

Yep, which is why most of these companies don't do so well with small buyers early on Wink They seem like ok people, but you still don't know if they're going to run with your money or not. I'll wait until they start selling to smaller buyers first before proceeding.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

this sucked. I would not proceed either.
Activity: 9
feedback from buyers?
Did anybody buy this miner?
Would love to see some reviews.

Zero. They seem legit as of now, but they don't seem to have sold to any big resellers or anybody willing to review yet. Makes them look a bit fishy, but at least it isn't one of those prebuy scams we often see with bitcoin mining. Maybe the buyers are lying low, but we have no solid evidence this miner ever existed.

if anyone knows them , put us in touch. I'll buy and verify , including multiple highly regarded escrow providers , merchants.  Right now , the market is hot. Inside CN , miners sell like water in the desert. Outside CN , well , an hour or two for bitmain available new, high per unit from Canaan, nothing public from Bitfury. If it's legit, let's vet it and get the sales going. Hopefully they aren't also @ TSMC =p.

Assuming the media that I follow reported truth, they could not keep up with the demand. They sold out 5k stock immediately on the day of launch and currently fulfilling orders for big purchaser. I don't think they are interested in dealing with small buyers yet.
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
Bitcoin Mining Hosting
feedback from buyers?

Zero. They seem legit as of now, but they don't seem to have sold to any big resellers or anybody willing to review yet. Makes them look a bit fishy, but at least it isn't one of those prebuy scams we often see with bitcoin mining. Maybe the buyers are lying low, but we have no solid evidence this miner ever existed.

if anyone knows them , put us in touch. I'll buy and verify , including multiple highly regarded escrow providers , merchants.  Right now , the market is hot. Inside CN , miners sell like water in the desert. Outside CN , well , an hour or two for bitmain available new, high per unit from Canaan, nothing public from Bitfury. If it's legit, let's vet it and get the sales going. Hopefully they aren't also @ TSMC =p.
legendary
Bitcoin FTW!
feedback from buyers?

Activity: 199
Merit: 100
This seems a well done scam site, but who knows, anyone got more info?

I believe it's real. They had an official launch at Chengdu, China a few days ago. They said all their current stock of 5000 E9 miners were sold out during the launch.
Owner of fish pool also attended the launch and took photos with them.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
This seems a well done scam site, but who knows, anyone got more info?
legendary
Bitcoin FTW!
Avalon 721 ballpark efficiency.

They would have to price this miner 20-30% less per TH than the S9 before Bitmain felt significant price pressure.

Do note that Bitmain DID drop the price on the R4 recently - apparently the Avalon is quiet ENOUGH that Bitmain felt it represented real competition for the R4, so they dropped the R4 price down ALMOST in line on a $/TH basis to the S9.

It's also interesting to note that the S9 price DROP got partly rolled back about the same timeframe.

Expected. From this big a company, they can afford dropping prices and thus killing competition. Bitmain's always going to be on top with pricing and efficiency, even if these guys dropped prices Bitmain's R4 and S9 will still be more popular due to higher efficiency.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Avalon 721 ballpark efficiency.

They would have to price this miner 20-30% less per TH than the S9 before Bitmain felt significant price pressure.

Do note that Bitmain DID drop the price on the R4 recently - apparently the Avalon is quiet ENOUGH that Bitmain felt it represented real competition for the R4, so they dropped the R4 price down ALMOST in line on a $/TH basis to the S9.

It's also interesting to note that the S9 price DROP got partly rolled back about the same timeframe.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
First Chinese review is out:
http://www.cybtc.com/thread-16686-1-1.html

Power consumption is disappointing, 1018W using their PSU @ 93% efficiency.
Actual hash rate is somewhat *higher* (6.4~6.5 vs 6.3) than advertised.
Noise is comparable to S9 full throttle.

If you can't read Chinese, use google translate.

0.16W/Gh makes it no chances bitmain will drop prices
Pages:
Jump to: