Pages:
Author

Topic: EBAY sale Question - page 2. (Read 1417 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
November 09, 2015, 10:30:43 AM
The buyer sent me an email from the paypal address. I asked for ID and proof of address. He declined the ID but took a photo of the front of a letter with the name and address on. Therefore I think it is still a risk to send the coin as he could have got that photo anyway. I suggested a discount by birtcoin or bank transfer with Escrow but he declined.

minerjones it was me yes C I will be answering the thread a bit later
legendary
Activity: 1456
November 09, 2015, 10:03:55 AM
A few tips:

- Let buyer pay by bank (SEPA) or bitcoin ( Grin ), this way he can't pullback payment (like with paypal) saying product hasn't been receieved or is broken.

- Always ship with tracking and signature, make photos how you packed the product.

- Let buyer agree once package is openend no refund can be asked from seller.

SEPA is a good idea as long as it is not a US buyer. US banks don't participate in SEPA  Undecided.
legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109
November 09, 2015, 09:57:54 AM
A few tips:

- Let buyer pay by bank (SEPA) or bitcoin ( Grin ), this way he can't pullback payment (like with paypal) saying product hasn't been receieved or is broken.

- Always ship with tracking and signature, make photos how you packed the product.

- Let buyer agree once package is openend no refund can be asked from seller.
legendary
Activity: 1456
November 09, 2015, 09:23:27 AM
I would ask them to email you from their paypal email address to verify the sale.
legendary
November 09, 2015, 08:41:17 AM
OK thanks will give them a call. The buyer isn't answering messages anyway.
Activity: 154
Merit: 104
November 09, 2015, 08:37:46 AM
Both of the guys up to me are perfectly right contact them and regarding paypal if you ship the to an address that match paypal and ebay account from buyer sellers paypal warranty cover your as$ completly just give support a call and be sure of it is a lot of money bra
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
November 09, 2015, 08:00:25 AM
Contact them. Try and speak on the phone and you'll get a better idea if it's a genuine sale or not. Also if their Paypal account is verified you are covered under Paypals seller protection if it does go tits up. Goodluck!
Activity: 267
Merit: 250
6th BTC reached. Thank you for your support
November 09, 2015, 07:57:20 AM
eBay is a safe place to sell if you follow the guidelines.  Only ship to the confirmed address and you will be protected. (With proper tracking )

Zero feedbacke or new account does not necessary mean it's fradualent.  Once you made a sale you can request the buyers information from eBay.  That will give you his/her contact information.   Just give them a call to confirm. 
legendary
November 09, 2015, 07:50:10 AM
I had an item for sale which was approx 3k usd. Anyway it sold immediately but the buyer has zero feedback and the ebay account was made today. It smells a little fishy to me. Is there anything I can do to verify the legitimacy of the sale as right now I feel like cancelling it. I have started to remember why I dislike ebay so much.
Pages:
Jump to: