Pages:
Author

Topic: Ebola has reached America - page 3. (Read 4063 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 506
October 01, 2014, 05:12:53 AM
Is it possible this could spread faster within America than within Africa?  I think most people in Africa are subsistence agriculturalists or urban dwellers who don't really commute long distances.

The thing about America is people are so afraid of losing their jobs that they don't even take sick days when they need them.  There could also be more personal contact in American culture than African culture (such as shaking hands with strangers).  Then public gatherings like sport arenas where you can have large groups of people in close proximity with each other.

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
October 01, 2014, 04:51:39 AM
Crucial test to see if the US disease control system works I suppose. If there are more than 2-3 other related cases found in the next 2 weeks, it's likely to escape control. At this point though, it's still likely that this particular case can be contained.

But if one guy can fly back from West Africa with Ebola with nothing stopping him, so can others, meaning many more such cases are likely. Time to implement quarantine measures of some sort. If you are arriving in a Western country and have been in an Ebola-affected country in the last month, you should be held in quarantine pending results of an Ebola test.
Activity: 374
Merit: 250
September 30, 2014, 07:37:45 PM
This is very unfortunate I hope they cure this disease quickly and not alot of people are affected. And the people affected I hope they get a cure.
Activity: 991
Merit: 500
September 30, 2014, 06:08:56 PM

I live in Houston.

I think that it will spread. Fast.

ETA:

Ebola in Texas
Stock Market ATH
US Bombing in Syria, Russia threatens to push back
ISIS potential terrorist attack

Gee I wonder which is the one that will send is overboard..
Pages:
Jump to: