Pages:
Author

Topic: Eclipse | eclipsepayments.com - page 2. (Read 1050 times)

copper member
Activity: 475
Merit: 228
September 13, 2023, 11:53:44 AM
Always loved your photos! I'll give PCGS a try. Smiley
copper member
Activity: 940
Merit: 417
Eclipse© Cryptographic equipment
September 11, 2023, 10:27:09 PM
Well I'd be interested in giving it a try Smiley. I have never submitted my items to a grading company except once. I have seen one other piece graded by a 3rd party but they always seem to get things wrong  Grin . Maybe PCGS can get one correct. Smiley The current engraved pieces remind me of USA territorial minted gold pieces of the 1800's, but will be moving towards high relief portrait pieces that will be similar to titan/norfed quality dies. Sometimes simplicity and straight to the point is all that matters though, like simple territorial pieces. History shows us what territorial gold piece prices can do.  Maybe I will write up a CT encyclopedia and submit my line of product to PCGS and see what happens. If they grade it with no issues, I will contact you on sales in the future. I like to work with others that build people up and not try to tear them down. I feel fairly confident that I'm sitting on the largest physical crypto inventory on the planet (and growing by the month), so I will have supply waiting for the correct moment.

Hello CARIBBEAN_TREASURES

Sounds like you have a distribution problem on your hands. Overhead supply without avenues of distribution.

You need to get the green light from PCGS for grading. Have them start grading your product.

If you need to employ my imaging services, please dispatch me samples of your bullion.

I can you listed on my site + give you the finest images in the world. One week turnaround time from arrival.

copper member
September 11, 2023, 11:50:28 AM
Well I'd be interested in giving it a try Smiley. I have never submitted my items to a grading company except once. I have seen one other piece graded by a 3rd party but they always seem to get things wrong  Grin . Maybe PCGS can get one correct. Smiley The current engraved pieces remind me of USA territorial minted gold pieces of the 1800's, but will be moving towards high relief portrait pieces that will be similar to titan/norfed quality dies. Sometimes simplicity and straight to the point is all that matters though, like simple territorial pieces. History shows us what territorial gold piece prices can do.  Maybe I will write up a CT encyclopedia and submit my line of product to PCGS and see what happens. If they grade it with no issues, I will contact you on sales in the future. I like to work with others that build people up and not try to tear them down. I feel fairly confident that I'm sitting on the largest physical crypto inventory on the planet (and growing by the month), so I will have supply waiting for the correct moment.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
September 11, 2023, 10:06:34 AM
this concept of consignment however is not new and has happened here on the forums for years. Perhaps because you are so new, you did not realize this.

I have never personally had coins consigned to myself for imaging, listing, grading and advertising purposes.

I have acted as an intermediary for reshipping coins to some of my customers.

Sorry, I guess I was not very clear.  My point is there are many here that may chime in and offer advice and information as many here have either done consignment for others or have used members such as minerjones to handle their sales.

copper member
September 11, 2023, 09:51:08 AM
this concept of consignment however is not new and has happened here on the forums for years. Perhaps because you are so new, you did not realize this.

I have never personally had coins consigned to myself for imaging, listing, grading and advertising purposes.

I have acted as an intermediary for reshipping coins to some of my customers.
legendary
September 11, 2023, 09:43:22 AM
copper member
September 11, 2023, 09:18:28 AM
Congrats! Love it when more options are opened up to the public. Are other people able to sell on your site or are you only selling your personally owned pieces?

Hello Caribbean Treasures,

I desire to take consignments from clients, professionally image them and list them on the eclipse website.

At the moment, I am keeping the line at PCGS graded submissions only (for standardization purposes)

I would ask for a % flat rate minus the fees, taxes and payment processer changes.

The consigning client can set the sell price at whatever they want. I take for example 10%.  

Once imaged the coin can be shipped back to its owner or stored onsite in my facility until sale is made.

If shipped back to owner, owner would need to ship the coin to the new buyer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is my service desirable?

Professional images of your coins, no more iPhone photography.

Professional listing and curation on a website. Giving the coin owner the ability to market and share his/her coin in a digital fashion.

PCGS graded. Creating uniform standardization for the buyer and the seller.

for example, I take a 10% fee after processing and taxes. This is a lower take fee then auction houses and eBay.

Selling with eclipse removes all the stress from selling physical bitcoin. We grade, image and ship your coins for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This concept of consignment is new for me, so I am taking input and suggestions from the community.
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
September 11, 2023, 02:08:50 AM
[...]
I bought my first collectible on "Coins of Nakamoto". As a newbie, it was easier to buy a Satori Coin there than on bitcointalk.
[...]
I don't think I ever realized you bought a coin from me. Glad to hear that it was a good experience!

[...]
Coins of Nakamoto is run by a forum member "Mitchell" although I have not seen him here very recently.
[...]
I am always around. Lurking. Cheesy

Congratulations on the launch of your website Eclipse33!
copper member
September 11, 2023, 12:55:31 AM
Congrats! Love it when more options are opened up to the public. Are other people able to sell on your site or are you only selling your personally owned pieces?
copper member
September 10, 2023, 07:53:38 PM
Congratulations on the launch of the website.

I bought my first collectible on "Coins of Nakamoto". As a newbie, it was easier to buy a Satori Coin there than on bitcointalk.

I hope your website finds its place.

Thank you for the support, Frank.

Coins of Nakamoto is run by a forum member "Mitchell" although I have not seen him here very recently.

I also will give a shoutout to Hox with his site https://shop.coin.community/

Some of these small crypto shops have been a major inspiration to me.
copper member
September 10, 2023, 07:49:11 PM
 Love the website...Godspeed on your travels!

Thankyou Krogoth, you have seen my progress since inning zero.
Activity: 528
Merit: 532
September 08, 2023, 04:39:12 AM
Congratulations on the launch of the website.

I hope your website finds its place.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3238
The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.
September 07, 2023, 03:25:24 AM
  Love the website...Godspeed on your travels!
legendary
September 06, 2023, 08:03:34 PM
oh for sure - again nothing bad about increasing revenue/profits. I believe I said that originally.

no need for the formula - lol I know how it works. Smiley

I would just prefer to see the forums built up vs somewhere off the forums being built.

I know you said that originally Smiley

I just wanted an excuse to use a formula in a discussion and do some pontification about Austrian economics. 

Forum is not going anywhere, but there are not enough people with bitcoins to spend or forum accounts to facilitate a full-scale economy.

lol @ the formula.

I wish you luck. If the forums are "going nowhere" it might be because people with very little time here such as yourself give up too easy on it Smiley

either way - I do wish you luck and profits in your endeavor.  Maybe some day my view may change - or yours Smiley
copper member
September 06, 2023, 05:30:07 PM
oh for sure - again nothing bad about increasing revenue/profits. I believe I said that originally.

I would just prefer to see the forums built up vs somewhere off the forums being built.

I know you said that originally Smiley

I just wanted an excuse to use a formula in a discussion and do some pontification about Austrian economics. 

Forum is not going anywhere, but there are not enough people with bitcoins to spend or forum accounts to facilitate a full-scale economy.
legendary
September 06, 2023, 05:13:04 PM

copper member
September 06, 2023, 04:46:35 PM
maybe so - I see it as a means to increase profits (nothing wrong there) and to draw traffic from here to there. Call me sentimental, but I have a soft spot for the forums and prefer to see people build this place up then something else.

Hello Mopar,

Vendors do not promote goods out of the pure goodness of their heart. Vendors pursue profit.

revenue - cost = profit

a - b = c

If I can manage a way to boost my revenue ( a), while reducing the cost to put a coin in the vault of a customer (b) I create greater profit (c) that can be reinvested into computers, cameras, inventory, anything necessary to fulfill the niche in the marketplace.  

If I decide not to pursue profit and slash my prices, wily nilly. "Cheap coins for everyone".  I won't be able to keep the electricity on, buy food to sustain myself, put fuel in my car. The longer I don't make any money the closer and closer I get to desperation. First non-essentials get pawned off, then I pawn the camera, then I pawn the computers. Next thing you know I'm on the street, everyone is enjoying their cheap coins. The market collapses back to a primitive mess, nobody is incentivized to build out the mechanisms that improve and facilitate market growth and everyone sits around until 2045. Lamenting behind their keyboards on bitcoin talk about how neat and shiny their coins are.

Unless liquidity and velocity are built up in this market the coins will have little value and be trinkets forever. Why would anyone in their right mind buy a coin that they can't sell for USD or BTC in less than a week's time. The market needs advanced infrastructure, and the forum does not count. Normal people with family, friends, jobs (Normies) do not spend their time on a bitcoin forum scrolling through auction posts and obsessing over coin releases. Normal people want a simple and intuitive interface where they can convert the currency they get paid in at work (fiat) into stuff that is cool and will retain its purchasing power.

My site is designed with normies and nonphysical bitcoiners in mind. Maybe they have some physical silver or gold and want to diversity a bit into physical crypto. Maybe they want to buy some physical cryptocurrency to retain their purchasing power. Simplicity beats overt complexity.
legendary
September 05, 2023, 11:18:28 PM
maybe so - I see it as a means to increase profits (nothing wrong there) and to draw traffic from here to there. Call me sentimental, but I have a soft spot for the forums and prefer to see people build this place up then something else.
copper member
September 05, 2023, 10:53:57 PM
wish you luck in this endeavor - though I doubt I will use it. I will have to stick to the forums.

Hello Mopar,

Thank you for your words of endorsement.

My product is not something to be thought of as a replacement to the forum. My product is to be thought of as just another node increasing the integrity of the network.

What can be done on the eclipse marketplace in terms of indexing, organization and presentation cannot be done on the current forum infrastructure.

I think of this as more of a sprout or a new limb that has been added to the forum itself.
copper member
September 05, 2023, 10:48:44 PM
Looks great! Congrats on launch and hope this takes off.

SP

Hello SurfinPanda,

Thank you for your kind words.

For this product there is no such thing as hope, either the market accepts or rejects what I have built. 

Best case, the market participants grab this as an opportunity for expansion and it sees utility and application. Worse case, this technology sees no use and is rejected by the market.

Only time and the actions of the market participants will tell.
Pages:
Jump to: