Pages:
Author

Topic: Eco project turning plastic waste into Energy & capturing CO2 - page 2. (Read 369 times)

Activity: 2268
Merit: 870
I and every normal people who cares about nature likes your idea but please tell me, even if you create ICO, why will someone fund rise an ICO? Or why will someone send bitcoins? This is something goverment has to care and I highly believe your only and best bet is to contact companies which will fund you or contact mayor’s office.
I appreciate if you have really used your funds for this kind project.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
I'm sick of all our pollution around the world so i have decided to dedicate my life to treating waste and turning it into energy, I'v been working on various projects past year treating organic and inorganic waste. I concluded it be easiest to start off with plastic waste via pyrolysis I have good understanding of the technical aspects being an engineer however I will need to raise funds.

The project will be converting up to 30ton/day of plastic waste into electricity

How is best to do this?

Fund raise an ICO? (create another shitcoin)
Fund raise via BTC?

Any advice would be really appreciated I'v been using my crypto gains past year to fund my own research but it wont be enough to build a sizeable plant.

turning waste into energy is nothing great recycling is usually better, there are plenty of alternative ways to create energy, burning garbage usually creates a ton of toxins, no one knows what form they are.

you misunderstand it, i'm not directly burning garbage, i thermally break down plastics into diesel and gas, clean its constituents and then cleanly burn it in a generator, next step would be to utilise carbon capture and pump the flue gases underground meaning 0 pollution

otherwise you are throwing these plastics into the oceans and digging them into the ground polluting water and soil and at the same time digging out more fossil fuels from the ground to produce the same energy you are losing in those plastics.

there's only so much wind and solar can achieve, the world needs a combination of many technologies to become pollution free

also to add there is a limit on what types of plastics are recyclable and the amount of times you can recycle them.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
I'm sick of all our pollution around the world so i have decided to dedicate my life to treating waste and turning it into energy, I'v been working on various projects past year treating organic and inorganic waste. I concluded it be easiest to start off with plastic waste via pyrolysis I have good understanding of the technical aspects being an engineer however I will need to raise funds.

The project will be converting up to 30ton/day of plastic waste into electricity

How is best to do this?

Fund raise an ICO? (create another shitcoin)
Fund raise via BTC?

Any advice would be really appreciated I'v been using my crypto gains past year to fund my own research but it wont be enough to build a sizeable plant.

turning waste into energy is nothing great recycling is usually better, there are plenty of alternative ways to create energy, burning garbage usually creates a ton of toxins, no one knows what form they are.
Whilst this is a great idea and an admirable challenge you’ve set for yourself, I think You’re best off going along the more traditional ways of raising money.
If you area a registered charity, companies can get tax breaks/exemptions for donating to your cause. Accepting donations in FIAT also gives you a greater pool of donators/investors (although investing will depend on whether you’re a for-profit organisation, NGO/Charity or social enterprise).

This will have to be a for profit venture otherwise i can't expand it and take it further, fortunately electricity ain't cheap around here so there is good margins. Just worried traditional investors would eat away at most the profits in return for funds hence i was considering crypto funding. But you may be right

I would suggest doing some research on using superworms to eat styrofoam. Apparently they subsist on it happily and consume it very fast. I don't know if the worms are then toxic or what, but this seems like an area worthy of research within a smaller budget.

unfortunately it don't sound like the worms would be profitable, as much as i'm doing it for the eco reasons, unless its profitable it wont make a dent in reducing waste as i cant expand it further
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
I would suggest doing some research on using superworms to eat styrofoam. Apparently they subsist on it happily and consume it very fast. I don't know if the worms are then toxic or what, but this seems like an area worthy of research within a smaller budget.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348
Whilst this is a great idea and an admirable challenge you’ve set for yourself, I think you’re best off going along the more traditional ways of raising money.
If you area a registered charity, companies can get tax breaks/exemptions for donating to your cause. Accepting donations in FIAT also gives you a greater pool of donators/investors (although investing will depend on whether you’re a for-profit organisation, NGO/Charity or social enterprise).
Updated 07/01/2022

Updated 07/01/2022

After 5 years in the making I would like to introduce our project; Blend Energy

This project has created a continuous waste to energy system, focusing on mixed plastic waste.
To make this viable, this system has a CO2 capture system.
All automation was designed from the ground up using open source technology to significantly reduce costs and reliance on expensive PLCs

Blend Energy has been posted here as it has been fully funded by my bitcoin gains

A crowdfunding app on Btcpay server has been setup to raise funds to continue this project, naturally you can donate via lightening payment.

https://btcpay.blend-energy.com/

The Uniqueness of Blend Energy

After years of tackling human trash; I came to a conclusion that one of the biggest hurdles to solving this problem is the centralised nature of waste infrastructure. By the time your garbage is collected, transported and sorted - all value has been lost making recycling highly cost prohibitive.

Instead of transporting your trash, one will be able to throw it into our Unit X, specifically plastic waste, and in return one may be rewarded Satoshis for the electricity generated and the CO2 captured.

Each Unit X can service up to 200 households

Achievements to Date

Working prototype of Unit X
Developed CO2 Capture System
Inhouse open source automation

Goals and Plans

Plans to further refine our prototype machine and seek EPA approval to build a final version that can be placed in public for all to use
The first jurisdictions we aim to operate in will be the EU, UK & Israel
Our vision is to make waste utilisation as ubiquitous as driving a car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlPGVg8oLfM

Update 22nd January 2022

video demonstration of our CO2 capture tech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69JKTfSR84A

Pages:
Jump to: