Pages:
Author

Topic: Ecological problem - page 2. (Read 1368 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
July 15, 2014, 12:26:08 AM
This has been discussed before.

The entire network uses less power than New York or Las Vegas, and procures a very, very small amount of any problem that might be present.

Even if mining gets more popular, it won't cause there to be a huge power grab either. I think I read the network takes up 2.6% or something of that of Las Vegas, so there isn't much to justify any ecological problems without first turning off a city.

And some people have been switching to solar panels to save on electricity costs, so there's a side effect to people wantng to earn more money.

So there isn't a lot of problems that will arise from mining for a long time, BTC will be 10% of Las Vegas when we start running about 200 PentaHashes/second, assuming we're at about 40 PH's right now.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
July 14, 2014, 11:48:21 PM
Hello everyone! I'm trying to learn more about BTC and as I understand, it constantly needs an energy for mining, which sounds not so much ecologically. It's getting popular, so more miners - more energy, right? Is there any ways to reduce this harmful effect? Or maybe create an eco-friendly version of BTC?
Pages:
Jump to: