Pages:
Author

Topic: ECONOMIC ANALYSIS/RESEARCH POLL: Cryptocurrency replacing fiat in the future? - page 8. (Read 1659 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 136
I struggle to see any such scenario in which cryptocurrency will replace fiat, there isn't much need for it to happen, at least for the average person. For those people who choose not to hold fiat they should in time be able to use cryptocurrency in every way that they wish alongside fiat. There are undoubted benefits of blockchain technology and it's implementation is inevitable, I do however feel that most of the emphasis will be put towards businesses instead of governments, they'll adopt blockchain technology but in a way which is compatible with fiat.
copper member
Activity: 98
Merit: 16
I think the current cryptocurrencies can not totally replace fiat. Fine I buy cryptos and trade them but when I need to use some money, I withdraw the cryptos and convert them to fiat in order to get something for myself. To me this does not really feel like any sort of adoption. What I think Government is likely to do is create it's own centralized blockchain that they can be able to control but not necessarily adopting the likes of Bitcoin.
Activity: 672
Merit: 12
Several governments are  imposing various restrictions even ban on usage of crypto currencey.
Even if all the nations allow crypto usage it can not replace fiat 100%.  Still some percentage of transactions will have to be made in fiat only.  Because  few people will not be able to transact crypto due to knowledge / illiteracy.  Even the entire population learns transacting crypto still they will need money in case their internet / computer stops working due to some reasons.
Activity: 896
Merit: 508
Hello,

as part of an ongoing academic research, I have created a public survey to see how members in the crypto-community think about the future impacts of decentralized blockchain cryptocurrencies. I kindly ask you to vote on the poll in order to assist me in this research. Feel free to add a comment on why you think your chosen option is correct Wink

Thank you very much in advance and have a wonderful day! Smiley

Kind regards,
Zeroxal
Pages:
Jump to: