Pages:
Author

Topic: Economic Collapse Headed for U.S. in 2015??? - page 3. (Read 6123 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I love bitcoins.
Not the US, Europe.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
True though... Grexit will fix nothing..!! Embarrassed
Activity: 868
There are prediction that the eurozone’s economic problems would only worsen. Having had the luxury of visiting Europe on six different occasions this year, It's been seen firsthand the deterioration in their economy. In 2015, Eurozone Depression Ahead though...!!!

Eurozone's problem is the misconception of the Euro. A Grexit will fix nothing.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
SO what are the indicators of the looming or pending collapse?

You gotta provide more detail for us to politic over!

Increasing public debts, increase of wasteful spending, decreasing quality of the employment market.
Activity: 743
Merit: 502
Alex Jones certainly seems to think so:

2015: Year Of The Collapse?
http://youtu.be/AO7cM2DN1yU

But he would wouldn't he? He likes to spread a lot of fear. In fact he makes a business off of it (I think he'd like this forum  Grin). Personally I don't think it will happen this year but I think were due another eventually.
Alex Jones is a fucktard.
He is not doing the truth community any service. His presentation layer is absolutely terrible.
Activity: 743
Merit: 502
The US would have probably not fallen into recession if it were not for the 9/11/11 terrorist attacks. The economic boom did peak in 2000, however we did not fall into recession until late 2011.

I don't think there was actually any kind of crisis in 1987, just a recession caused by the economic cycle.

I think it would be possible to fall back into recession in 2015 due to bad economic policy but I don't think it will be a full crisis. We tend to not see these major crisis this often
"terrorist" attacks
FTFY
Activity: 22
Alex Jones certainly seems to think so:

2015: Year Of The Collapse?
http://youtu.be/AO7cM2DN1yU

But he would wouldn't he? He likes to spread a lot of fear. In fact he makes a business off of it (I think he'd like this forum  Grin). Personally I don't think it will happen this year but I think were due another eventually.
legendary
Activity: 961
Merit: 1000
I'd say by mid march we'll see the direction a bit clearer.

If you look at Japan, they (central bank and government) can keep the status quo for a very, very long time.

The US will never be able to raise IR's.

Japan, UK and the Euro zone are in the same position too. If you as an entrepreneur  sell a product at a fixed rate for the next 30 years, but cost are rising in the future above, you will go bankrupt. It's suicide. Banks make 30 year loans at fixed low rates, they would lose money, if their refinance rate goes above that. The only way out is significant growth so they can average up, but the high debt load prevents growth. Low rates are a dead end. Yes, FED, ECB, BoJ and BoE will never be able to raise rates again.

Yes Japan has zombie walked along for 25 years. I think by mid march we'll know if this Grexit will happen or not. If it does then I think there will be a sizeable stock correction. Looks like it may be gaining momentum today. We'll also see if Draghi can continue to calm markets with words re: QE EU. And you're right, no one can really raise rates. Seeing as though this low rate environmente is almost unprecedented for countries let alone continents, it will be interesting to see how long it can last.
Activity: 23
The last thing Wall Street is thinking about is an economic collapse in 2015. After all, the stock markets are at record highs, unemployment is down, and inflation is in check. But the fact of the matter is that these same indicators were also in check before the markets crashed in 1987, 2000, and 2008/09. Back in 2008/09, everyone on Wall Street, save for Michael Lombardi and Peter Schiff, was absolutely certain that the U.S. economy was the envy of the world and that it was rock solid.

Credit creation, the lifeblood of the capitalist economy, is way too low. If this is not going up anytime soon, it will lead to a deflationary collapse.

I'd say by mid march we'll see the direction a bit clearer. Could be reallly bad or it'll just muddle along completely out of touch with reality ala t2012-2014.

The two things in the distance that could really wreak havok are Greece leaving the Euro and / or the US raising interest rates.

Greece may happen; people are desperate and angry but will also depend on the nerve of Tsipras if elected.

There are prediction that the eurozone’s economic problems would only worsen. Having had the luxury of visiting Europe on six different occasions this year, It's been seen firsthand the deterioration in their economy. In 2015, Eurozone Depression Ahead though...!!!
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
The last thing Wall Street is thinking about is an economic collapse in 2015. After all, the stock markets are at record highs, unemployment is down, and inflation is in check. But the fact of the matter is that these same indicators were also in check before the markets crashed in 1987, 2000, and 2008/09. Back in 2008/09, everyone on Wall Street, save for Michael Lombardi and Peter Schiff, was absolutely certain that the U.S. economy was the envy of the world and that it was rock solid.

I think an Economic Collapse is likely in 2015 or 2016 for the US.
Activity: 434
Loose lips sink sigs!
SO what are the indicators of the looming or pending collapse?

You gotta provide more detail for us to politic over!
I'd say by mid march we'll see the direction a bit clearer.

If you look at Japan, they (central bank and government) can keep the status quo for a very, very long time.

Japan, UK and the Euro zone are in the same position too. If you as an entrepreneur  sell a product at a fixed rate for the next 30 years, but cost are rising in the future above, you will go bankrupt. It's suicide. Banks make 30 year loans at fixed low rates, they would lose money, if their refinance rate goes above that. The only way out is significant growth so they can average up, but the high debt load prevents growth. Low rates are a dead end. Yes, FED, ECB, BoJ and BoE will never be able to raise rates again.
What I really meant is because a lot of the money current been created is going straight from the central bank to the financial banks at 0% interest.

QE did not create new money. If you sell a 30 year treasury to the FED and get cash, you are just more liquid, but your wealth is the same before and after ... aka the money in the public stays the same.

And seeming though financial banks borrowing has increased whilst its lending has decreased, and stock markets and bond markets are near all time highs.
I would strongly argue that most of the money created in that US$ graph up there has found its way into financial assets as opposed to the real economy. The cheap money at 0% drives speculation crazy because money is "cheap" and the subsequent inflating of bubbles has lured money from the real economy into the speculative.

Sure, you can put your lame cash into hot assets then.

When this will end is any ones guess, but a serious correction on financial assets would cause money to drive out of the speculative market and placed into the real. This move is what I would argue will cause inflation at some point, but how much inflation will depend on the size of the money movements.   

Again, QE does not increase overall amount of money, it can never be inflationary. QE is just to prevent a deflationary collapse by providing liquidity to prevent a liquidity crisis.

Inflation can only happen, if credit creation by banks to private is growing (home, consumer loans, businesses) or the system just breaks the rules like in Weimar.

legendary
Activity: 961

Credit creation, the lifeblood of the capitalist economy, is way too low. If this is not going up anytime soon, it will lead to a deflationary collapse.

I'd say by mid march we'll see the direction a bit clearer. Could be reallly bad or it'll just muddle along completely out of touch with reality ala t2012-2014.

The two things in the distance that could really wreak havok are Greece leaving the Euro and / or the US raising interest rates.

Greece may happen; people are desperate and angry but will also depend on the nerve of Tsipras if elected.

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
This graph is also telling:

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
buy a p90 ... and bullets.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
An economic collapse was widely predicted in 2008, 2010, 2014, and many other years. It is so over-due, that when it finally happens I probably will not be prepared. How do you prepare when money is tight and you don't have extra to spend?   Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1267
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Only question remaining is will money come out of hiding?

Money cannot hide. It is created by banks through loans (credit creation) and ends up as deposits. Deposits are a component of money supply and known.
What I really meant is because a lot of the money current been created is going straight from the central bank to the financial banks at 0% interest. And seeming though financial banks borrowing has increased whilst its lending has decreased, and stock markets and bond markets are near all time highs.

I would strongly argue that most of the money created in that US$ graph up there has found its way into financial assets as opposed to the real economy. The cheap money at 0% drives speculation crazy because money is "cheap" and the subsequent inflating of bubbles has lured money from the real economy into the speculative.

When this will end is any ones guess, but a serious correction on financial assets would cause money to drive out of the speculative market and placed into the real. This move is what I would argue will cause inflation at some point, but how much inflation will depend on the size of the money movements.   
Only question remaining is will money come out of hiding?

Money cannot hide. It is created by banks through loans (credit creation) and ends up as deposits. Deposits are a component of money supply and known.
Pages:
Jump to: