Pages:
Author

Topic: effect of Japan on bitcoin price speculation - page 3. (Read 2868 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
japan is using bitcoin as a currency this will make bitcoin more valuable, because more japanese will buy it and receive it for their salary, their government make it 100% regulated, it's like their local fiat currency, i hope this bring the other country to the same way as japan
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
i am talking about a "speculation topic" talking about the "price" of bitcoin and how it can be affected by this news.
all the topic you say are all saying "yaaay Japan accepts bitcoin", and then comments are all "this is good news" Wink
For now all I can say is that if this Japan accepts bitcoin hype continues and become reality bitcoin will reach new all time highs  more than 1400$ maybe 1500$+. It will also make bitcoin price move a lot because many transactions will happen and maybe it will help get bitcoin stable to a fixed price ranges lasting weeks or months long even if it moves a lot.

Don't look at the effect of bitcoin being legal in Japan as short term. Right now the price of bitcoin is rising at a steady phase. Maybe the effect is already there. Are we feeling at the effect, definitely because of the price growth. But we should be very cautious and jump into conclusions that we can record a new ATH because of the Japanese news. We should measure the effect I say in the next six months and see how the market price of bitcoin moves. Its not even a month since the news, so for me we still have to wait and see the change as a result of the news.
Activity: 882
Merit: 544
i am talking about a "speculation topic" talking about the "price" of bitcoin and how it can be affected by this news.
all the topic you say are all saying "yaaay Japan accepts bitcoin", and then comments are all "this is good news" Wink
For now all I can say is that if this Japan accepts bitcoin hype continues and become reality bitcoin will reach new all time highs  more than 1400$ maybe 1500$+. It will also make bitcoin price move a lot because many transactions will happen and maybe it will help get bitcoin stable to a fixed price ranges lasting weeks or months long even if it moves a lot.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 129
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
Japan isn't having that significant an effect on the Bitcoin price.  Any actually serious adoption will take a long time, and buying Bitcoin will still be quite difficult due to the need for verification on exchanges.

Even if some merchants start to accept it, that won't matter because Bitcoin's actual use as a currency is nothing compared to the big money being put in by investors hoping for it to go up without much caring about the currency side of it.  There's also the HODLers.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I think that in recent years, Japan will have an impact on bitcoin. If attempts to develop a crypto currency will be successful, it will significantly raise the price.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
apart from high trade volume my main subject is the fact that Japan recently adopted bitcoin on a massive scale since it is now legal and a legit currency.
I'm not sure what you're on about here.  There are quite a lot of topics about Japan, but the reason it's not completely dominating the whole forum is because it's not actually that relevant.

China controls majority of Bitcoin, Japan might be want to shift the power to their country.
the first part about "China controlling majority of Bitcoin" is just dumb and wrong. what China controls is the manufacturing of mining equipment, cheap labor, cheaper electricity and a moderate portion of the hashrate because of these things.

and the second part about Japan is far fetched in my opinion.

but this is actually a pretty neat thing that you pointed out.
i have always said that bitcoin is the best thing when you want to travel to other countries. it is safe, you don't have to worry about exchanging your money and paying fees or paying high prices, and you can actually carry around a ridiculously large amount of money inside and outside of country without anybody knowing anything!
this is pretty interesting though. i think we can expect more adoption after the Olympics if bitcoin usage in Japan becomes more widespread and people going to that country seeing how easy it is to use bitcoin instead of converting their money to Yen.

-snip-
lets not make a "speculation about price because of Japan adoption" topic into a scaling topic, shall we.
we already have enough of those.
legendary
Activity: 3444
Merit: 10558
I am always surprised that Bitcoin has rebounded in Japan, after the Mt Gox fiasco. Increased regulation means that the government has learnt its lessons. Japan is after all the world's fourth largest economy and increased adoption in Japan is good for the world.
The main reason i think for the spike in volume is simply because the exchanges in China cannot be trusted as they have shut their door on the user by not allowing them to withdraw and with Japan legalizing the coin people will be trading in the exchanges in japan and so is the reason we are seeing a spike in the volume .

lol, that i believe is what they call racist Smiley
Japan and China are not connected, you still would have to transfer money outside of country to another country to do trade from within China, which means a lot of red flags and a lot of problems since Chinese government is so worried these days about exiting of money.
with Chinese exchanges closed, what they do is Over The Counter trading for example in localbitcoin and other p2p methods and still the exchanges are functional and they are showing volume so trades are happening there in China.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I am always surprised that Bitcoin has rebounded in Japan, after the Mt Gox fiasco. Increased regulation means that the government has learnt its lessons. Japan is after all the world's fourth largest economy and increased adoption in Japan is good for the world.
The main reason i think for the spike in volume is simply because the exchanges in China cannot be trusted as they have shut their door on the user by not allowing them to withdraw and with Japan legalizing the coin people will be trading in the exchanges in japan and so is the reason we are seeing a spike in the volume .

This.

It's mainly displaced volume, not Japanese interest.

P.S. Even when Mt Gox was located in Japan, the bulk of it' users were westerners, the Japanese weren't interested, and nothing much has happened to change that, even though Japan has made btc legal.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
Let us assume the whole world adopts the bitcoin system but when we're stuck at 3-5 transactions/s how'd you manage and handle increasing demand?
Let us assume the whole world only does 200 transactions/s and paying $100 as a fee/tx but can miners handle more than 5 transactions/s?
That is the problem with bitcoin no matter how many people invest/ use it the system is limited.
A software needs an update after a time.
Think of people, who asked the same thing about the Internet in the 80s. How will the Internet handle millions of people trying to connect to access the same site, while now our servers are having trouble handling 100 people? How will we use Internet banking if it takes a minute to fire up the modem and even more to load a site? How will we secure the connection when someone can just tap into our phone line?
People have a way of making the impossible happen, it just takes time.
Activity: 924
Merit: 506
Let us assume the whole world adopts the bitcoin system but when we're stuck at 3-5 transactions/s how'd you manage and handle increasing demand?
Let us assume the whole world only does 200 transactions/s and paying $100 as a fee/tx but can miners handle more than 5 transactions/s?
That is the problem with bitcoin no matter how many people invest/ use it the system is limited.
Activity: 574
Merit: 252
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
China controls majority of Bitcoin, Japan might be want to shift the power to their country.
We can't prove that chinese are the biggest bitcoin holders but definitely they are the one with most of the mining farms. And i don't think adoption of bitcoin in Japan have any political agenda they have adopted bitcoin just because Japanese are tech lovers and they are known for their innovations.

I don't expect any big price rally but this decision can support bitcoin price at current range.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
I don't see any topics about this so here we go.

according to coinmarketcap.com when you sort the table based on volume, among the top 10 exchanges sorted by daily volume you can see 4 of them are BTC/JPY markets with a total of $36,444,090 volume currently for the past 24 hours.
although 3 of them have an * above them which can mean there is no fee (or some other thing) on these exchanges.

apart from high trade volume my main subject is the fact that Japan recently adopted bitcoin on a massive scale since it is now legal and a legit currency.

so what do we expect from all this in short or long term.

Just imagine what will happen if the whole of Europe or the USA declare bitcoin as a legal currency and not just as a commodity. Bitcoin will fly

if you give it wings.... but governments are holding the strings that blocks it from flying. I recently asked a popular gaming site on their position

on accepting Bitcoin as a online payment option and they said that they cannot do this until bitcoins are accepted as a legal tender.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

according to coinmarketcap.com when you sort the table based on volume, among the top 10 exchanges sorted by daily volume you can see 4 of them are BTC/JPY markets with a total of $36,444,090 volume currently for the past 24 hours.
although 3 of them have an * above them which can mean there is no fee (or some other thing) on these exchanges.

Mt Gox screwed us all over, it wasn't really a Japanese specific problem.  Maybe the authorities there should/could look at it in a more negative light after the Gox fiasco, but I doubt that the Japanese people are even aware of it (anymore than we are in other countries)

Japan is a high tech and rich country, they get basically nothing from savings accounts. I expect that the next fiat currency crisis will start in Japan, so Japan seems like somewhere where they should be investing in Bitcoin. I don't think they are leaders in the field at the moment, but that could change.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Japan's adoption of bitcoins would definitely have an impact on bitcoins.But it would take some time to happen.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
i don't expect very much. japan is super cash oriented. if they're not very keen on cards then they're gonna have even less interest in bitcoin.

I am always surprised that Bitcoin has rebounded in Japan, after the Mt Gox fiasco. d.

there's a simple explanation for that. almost no japanese people use bitcoin, and even fewer back then. the effect it probably had in japan was to inspire the current laws.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
This fact giving some more confidence in BTC and its future. After all this is small step for BTC but big victory for mankind, over big bankers cartel, now finally folks can see how they can be strong if join in fight for their rights.
This makes BTC major enemy of banks and NWO i belive?
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
Japan's interest in Bitcoin is not because of olympics. I think it's because of power war between China and Japan.

Why so much politics for a currency aimed to be free from government manipulation, it's just the BTCBTCBTC and blockchain space maturing IMO. Besides, more countries getting a bigger share of the economy is always good.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
Japan have seen a high interest in bitcoin and have seen something that can add to their countries innovation and I love the way they really handle things and if a brand of appliances or products was made on japan I will not hesitate in purchasing those because of the sure quality it is made that is how japan has an impact for me and by accepting bitcoin I can truly say this way to go japan, well I really think bitcoin value was very affected by it and in 2018 Russia will start on accepting bitcoin more!
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292
There is trouble abrewing
this is true. I believe japan is preparing for the 2020 olympics as they will be hosting it. foreingers coming to watch the olympics may not have japanese currency but they might have bitcoin by then.

i seriously doubt this is the reason, since usually government wants the cash flow in with tourists.

but this is actually a pretty neat thing that you pointed out.
i have always said that bitcoin is the best thing when you want to travel to other countries. it is safe, you don't have to worry about exchanging your money and paying fees or paying high prices, and you can actually carry around a ridiculously large amount of money inside and outside of country without anybody knowing anything!

i can not wait to hear about stories about this by that time.
Pages:
Jump to: