Pages:
Author

Topic: Effect Of Plagiarism In Forum. - page 2. (Read 442 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
March 15, 2021, 04:34:12 PM
It is forbidden to pass off someone else's text as your own - this is plagiarism.
This does not apply to pictures.
The plagiarism rule doesn't apply to pictures because the picture itself contains evidence of its origin. If I were to post the below image, I am not trying to misrepresent it as my own creation. If you quoted my post, you would see this link that leads to where I got it from.  

The only way a post like that could be a case of plagiarism is if I said something like: how do you guys like this funny strip that I created today?
There were cases where members posted stolen content in the Bitcointalk 10th anniversary art contest and those are obvious cases of plagiarism no matter how they were acted upon by the administration.  
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 4270
March 15, 2021, 04:20:20 PM
You registered on the forum 3 days ago and are already writing about plagiarism.
Plagiarism that is prohibited on the forum is not the same plagiarism that is written about on Wikipedia or in the law.
The forum does not prohibit the use of other people's words or thoughts, but you must at least put a link, and as a maximum, indicate the author and write the text in quotation marks.
It is forbidden to pass off someone else's text as your own - this is plagiarism.
This does not apply to pictures.

Thank you all for your answers, I think the discussion of this issue has been exhausted. / Below is the answer by mprep (Global Moderator).

Quote from: icopress
33. Posting plagiarized content is not allowed.[e] - Does this rule apply to images?
Quote from: mprep
AFAIK no, it doesn't apply to images.
Quote from: icopress
Thank you, can I quote you?
Quote from: mprep
Feel free.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
March 15, 2021, 04:16:01 PM
Plagiarism here is "punished" quite strictly and the sentence is Ban! The ban is personal and you cannot create new accounts except to discuss your BAN and only in Meta.
Every other case of creating accounts while banned is just "ban evading" and your account will be banned again. For every new ban evading case you'll have to pay so called "evil fee" to create a new account which will keep increasing if you get more BANz.

So basically,  plagiarism is not welcomed here.

Newbies, read the RULEZ
Activity: 14
Merit: 1
March 15, 2021, 12:21:05 PM

The word plagiarism is coin out from two Greek words " pla" meaning "USE" giarism meaning "ANOTHER" then plagiarism in a nutshell is process of using  another person work or language in project to gain balance.Though it is an not recommendable for one to use another work to rate his/her work in any level of service because the effects it yielded is of negative logarithm base on the fact that the authenticity of the project creator is in doubts.
Plagiarism is character impersonator which can spoil or condemn one image in a particular society or forum at large,As a newbie or a beginner in a bitcoin forum you should beable to be creatives on your own rather than plagiarize so as for us not to be ruin down in terms of nourishable informations and innovative programmes that will take this forum to a greater heights.
The effects plagiarism has on newbie or beginner in a bitcoin forum are as follows;
1.It will make us as a beginner to be less creatives in term of innovative ideas and informations which is the world controllable power.
2.Does not create a researchable mindset in a forum.
3.It makes us to be lazy because we have other people work to copy
If a beginner can do away with all these plagiarism effects it has on them,l think they can build their confidence and also add beauty to post in eash dashboard as far as bitcoin forum is concern.
Pages:
Jump to: