Pages:
Author

Topic: Effects of China and India News on BTC Price - page 2. (Read 3208 times)

Activity: 146
Merit: 10
December 28, 2013, 12:35:11 PM
Yea, figured the China-market is bigger, but still. The Indian regulation was a little bit worse also as I understand it.

India had no presence in the Bitcoin community or market to begin with, it has nearly zero mining, and just recently opened the 1st exchange (which is now gone), so it had basically zero positive effect on Bitcoin, therefore the negative effects are zero as well.

The IMMEDIATE negative effects are very little, but India has a billion people -- about 15% of the world's population, with China having a similar amount. So the effect definitely matters. Or at least WILL matter.

I really don't think it'll matter in long term. India and China can't simply afford to miss out on bitcoin. Once bitcoin becomes standard in Europe and USA, they will definitely jump in. 
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
December 28, 2013, 12:08:17 PM
Yea, figured the China-market is bigger, but still. The Indian regulation was a little bit worse also as I understand it.

India had no presence in the Bitcoin community or market to begin with, it has nearly zero mining, and just recently opened the 1st exchange (which is now gone), so it had basically zero positive effect on Bitcoin, therefore the negative effects are zero as well.

The IMMEDIATE negative effects are very little, but India has a billion people -- about 15% of the world's population, with China having a similar amount. So the effect definitely matters. Or at least WILL matter.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
December 28, 2013, 11:35:16 AM

Mining is not possible in India, because enormous red-tape must be cleared to import the ASICs from foreign nations and there is a 120% to 200% import duty.

While India had only one local exchange, a lot of trading was being done through the peer-to-peer global exchange Localbitcoins.com as well.
Activity: 177
Merit: 101
December 28, 2013, 11:26:45 AM
So you are one of those weak hands ready to bail out every time someone starts spreading bad news. Thanks to people like you we have panic sells you can be proud of yourself.
 I am doing the exact opposite of you are accusing me of.  I am selling nothing.  I actually want to buy.  If it looks like it's going to go down in price I try to time it so that I'll buy low.  If it looks like it is not going down in the short term, then I'll buy like  I just did 10 minutes ago.  The times I sell are usually when the price of BTC is more then what I paid for it so that I can enjoy a little bit of the profits.  I'm planning to keep buying and hold long term - mostly BTC and LTC.  I haven't had good luck with the lesser-known crypto currencies.

different analogies but almost same meaning, i know what you mean mate and i am on the cusp of doing the same thing.

i just received my first physical 1BTC and waiting on a 5BTC to collect for the future and show the great grandkids.

i got BTC at single digits and i will be buying more in the new year. the way i see it, i paid a pittance in 2010 so anything i buy now depending on quantity i am still ahead.

i have also spent some of my digital BTC on hashing power instead of cold storage. what ever is made in a few months is traded for Craftcoin (dont get me started) that the kids can actually trade and use in-game.

as for the "other" coins, those that arent LTC/BTC i find some very painful to watch on market cap. my close contenders are WDC,NXT,PPC, i have some long shots like DVC and FRC.

what china and india do doesnt bother me in the least. good luck to them, i am in for the loooooooong haul.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003
December 28, 2013, 11:06:43 AM

Activity: 470
Merit: 250
December 28, 2013, 10:38:31 AM
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
December 28, 2013, 10:02:56 AM
The China news had huge impact on the BTC prices. Because the volumes were huge. But the Indian news hardly had any impact, due to minuscule volumes. 
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
December 28, 2013, 09:48:51 AM
So you are one of those weak hands ready to bail out every time someone starts spreading bad news. Thanks to people like you we have panic sells you can be proud of yourself.
 I am doing the exact opposite of you are accusing me of.  I am selling nothing.  I actually want to buy.  If it looks like it's going to go down in price I try to time it so that I'll buy low.  If it looks like it is not going down in the short term, then I'll buy like  I just did 10 minutes ago.  The times I sell are usually when the price of BTC is more then what I paid for it so that I can enjoy a little bit of the profits.  I'm planning to keep buying and hold long term - mostly BTC and LTC.  I haven't had good luck with the lesser-known crypto currencies.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
December 28, 2013, 09:48:05 AM
India? They closed all the the exchanges there are frozen the 2$ in the accounts?
Activity: 470
Merit: 250
December 28, 2013, 09:48:00 AM
Fell like hell on China-news, only the regular day to day up-and-down on India-news. Weird.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Small Red and Bad
December 28, 2013, 09:39:24 AM
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
December 28, 2013, 08:32:14 AM
I heard an awful lot of folks calling for BTC to fall further on China/India news and it's held it's own and done really well the past few days.  I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on some more BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: