Pages:
Author

Topic: El Salvador to develop mining farm Using Volcano Energy - page 2. (Read 408 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1246
Not sure using Instagram as a source is really a good idea.
That is the source the information which posted was gotten and that was why I use it in the post. I can't post another link that the information was not gotten from. And when a news is published there must be different opinions and views. As for me I have not even seen Volcano in my life. So I don't know whether it gives energy or not.
The link you provided is also good but I didn't not get the information from there.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Jambler.io
I'm not really a physics person, but how is the volcano supposed to give off heat when its not erupting?

A volcano is always hot, magma is always present below or penetrating the continental crust or mantle, the harnessing of the energy doesn't happen in the cone or from the vent where magma flows but from the surrounding area which is heated by the magma. It's the same basic geothermal powerplant, just add some fancy words to it.
Iceland's geothermal energy is basically the same, the heat comes from the Atlantic ridge between Nort America and Europe, but nobody calls it volcano energy, or tectonic energy, or whatever another name.

That aside, this is another publicity stunt from Bukele, remember that he already dug a 100MW two years ago? What happened to it? Crickets!
https://twitter.com/nayibbukele/status/1402714926800674827

If the OP is referring to the news I linked below, then it is using wind and solar energy. The article claims that it can work together with the geothermal energy mentioned last year, but it is unclear how it will do that.
[1] https://www.coindesk.com/business/2023/06/05/el-salvadors-volcano-energy-secures-1b-in-commitments-for-241-mw-bitcoin-mine/

Yeah, but Solar isn't getting as many tweets as VOLCANO!!!!
I'll trust this plan of Bukele when that damn FSRU that arrived last year and is pumping tons of LNG in the country and generating 25% of the electricity will set sail from their main port!
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
You add water and turn it into steam the steam drives a turbine.

You recycle the steam and let the volcano heat it again.

In a sense its clean energy.

Ie volcanos are dirty but give heat.

This adds no extra dirty and lets the heat be used and not be wasted.

The volcano would give the same fumes and dirt if you left it alone.

So no added dirt and fumes.

Plus you make power.

I'm not really a physics person, but how is the volcano supposed to give off heat when its not erupting?

(And conversely, unless infrastructure for the power plant is extreme heat-resistant, it will also be damaged and/or swept away during the eruption. Won't this risk actually jeopardize the plan for volcanic energy, or are they only using dormant volcanoes for this purpose?)
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I mean this would be great if they realized it.

But first thing first how to get the energy from the volcano Im I missing something here or I am just dumb  Grin Like how? I know Coal powered, solar powered or nuclear powered but this is new for me.

Although if this happens meaning the electricity is cheap right and this is categorized as clean energy right?

You add water and turn it into steam the steam drives a turbine.

You recycle the steam and let the volcano heat it again.

In a sense its clean energy.

Ie volcanos are dirty but give heat.

This adds no extra dirty and lets the heat be used and not be wasted.

The volcano would give the same fumes and dirt if you left it alone.

So no added dirt and fumes.

Plus you make power.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
Not sure using Instagram as a source is really a good idea. Some comments also suggest that this is old news. The latest news regarding El Salvador mining is related to this one[1]. Not sure if Bitcoin Magazine is mixing up volcano energy with a company called Volcano Energy or not, but it seems like recycled news.

But first thing first how to get the energy from the volcano Im I missing something here or I am just dumb  Grin Like how? I know Coal powered, solar powered or nuclear powered but this is new for me.
If the OP is referring to the news I linked below, then it is using wind and solar energy. The article claims that it can work together with the geothermal energy mentioned last year, but it is unclear how it will do that.

[1] https://www.coindesk.com/business/2023/06/05/el-salvadors-volcano-energy-secures-1b-in-commitments-for-241-mw-bitcoin-mine/
copper member
Activity: 1988
Merit: 905
Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia
I mean this would be great if they realized it.

Although if this happens meaning the electricity is cheap right and this is categorized as clean energy right?
Activity: 854
Merit: 1246
El Salvador's Government is trying his best to expand bitcoin to a very large extent so recently they given out a latest news again to launched another mighty project in bitcoin Mining field again that they are planning to launched the largest bitcoin Mining in the world which will be using volcano power/energy to supply electricity to the mining plants. This is a good plan because if really the plan project is achieve. Electricity is one of the major issue in the mining of bitcoin field.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CtHFk6BAXCl/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ== you can get more on the above link to support your comments.
Pages:
Jump to: