Pages:
Author

Topic: Elastic - Scam or legit? - page 2. (Read 3712 times)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
March 10, 2016, 02:21:04 AM
Beats me if it's legit or not. I'd like to think it is, but there are certainly red flags.

Original dev (Lionel) apparently wrote a whitepaper for a coin that wouldn't work. He asked for BTC without a real plan to make a working coin and was adamant against escrow. He stated he would post his personal info in the forums, yet never did. Then seemingly vanished, and EK took over the project.

EK also had been adamant against the idea of using escrow (even though he wasn't even in charge of the coin while he was arguing this).

And I guess due to legal reasons, there is now some new guy, Lannister, who is in charge of the website and the donated funds. No idea who he is, what his background is, or his real name.

Most of the forum is full of technical discussion between 2-3 people -- stuff devs normally talk about behind the scenes or with whomever is actually coding the coin. Nothing wrong with that, but very little real info has been presented ... like who is coding the thing, or background info on whatever team they do have.

Let's just say one would need a high threshold of risk to put any serious money into it right now. Like seriously 'willing to throw away btc' type of risk threshold.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 501
March 09, 2016, 11:16:07 PM
Pages:
Jump to: