Pages:
Author

Topic: Electric Cars and The Future - page 3. (Read 1126 times)

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101
1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org
January 21, 2021, 05:03:06 AM
electric cars will never have the acceleration of petrol ones but pollute much less, in a few decades electric cars will be the only ones available on the market, currently the tesla seems to me the best one
^ regarding acceleration @decodx already explained. research on electric cars, although it has been a long time [https://www.energy.gov/articles/history-electric-car] but not completely perfect, there are still many shortcomings here and there. btw I found a good article explaining that electric cars are much better than gasoline cars [https://www.fleetcarma.com/why-electric-cars-are-better-than-gas-top/] yep in the future, only electric cars will be available.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 888
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!
January 20, 2021, 12:07:44 PM
electric cars will never have the acceleration of petrol ones ...

Don't be so sure about it. The 2020 Rimac C_Two is the first production car to break the one-minute, 50-second mark for electric vehicle acceleration and is capable of reaching a top speed of 285 miles per hour. Just for comparison, I have listed a few more currently fastest electric cars available on the market.

RIMAC C_TWO
ACC 0-60 MPH: 1.85 sec
POWER: 1,914 hp
TOP SPEED: 412 km/h

TESLA Model S
ACC 0-60 MPH: 2.3 sec
POWER: 778 hp
TOP SPEED: 262 km/h

PORSCHE Taycan Turbo S
ACC 0-60 MPH: 2.6 sec
POWER: 751 hp
TOP SPEED: 260 km/h

RIMAC Concept One
ACC 0-60 MPH: 2.6 sec
POWER: 1088 hp
TOP SPEED: 355 km/h
Activity: 759
Merit: 15
January 20, 2021, 07:15:11 AM
electric cars will never have the acceleration of petrol ones but pollute much less, in a few decades electric cars will be the only ones available on the market, currently the tesla seems to me the best one
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
January 20, 2021, 06:35:08 AM
^ I found a video on youtube that there is a new electric car competitor from China called NIO. their concept is not charging the battery but swapping the battery with a new battery and only takes 3 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTsrDpsYHrw
Cool swapping batteries instead of charging ? and damn in just 3 minutes your ready to go .

But my concern is how many stations should be there just for this ? or maybe they will let the Gasoline stations have this swapping station as well but lets see how the Oil company will react on this as we knew how they are monopolizing the transport business by their Oils and gasolines , and electric cars are their Enemy literally .
Activity: 43
Merit: 10
January 20, 2021, 06:10:48 AM
Electric cars are definitely the future of mankind. I think they are much more environmentally friendly than petrol and even more so than diesel cars!
January 20, 2021, 06:07:29 AM
^ I found a video on youtube that there is a new electric car competitor from China called NIO. their concept is not charging the battery but swapping the battery with a new battery and only takes 3 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTsrDpsYHrw
Activity: 1036
Merit: 258
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 12, 2020, 03:10:36 AM
think there are other belongings you can do with electric cars for the longer term Garo isn't accommodating everywhere Because many might not be ready to buy this car there are other ways to seem for a future vehicle which will be ready to solve all types of problems. Cars often cause problems.

I think electric cars are great for the future In the current technology age electric cars are much better we can easily move from one place to another. If you have your own car, you do not have to wait for the bus to go somewhere I can travel as I wish.
April 05, 2020, 01:37:14 PM
Oil does not stop suddenly like that, production slows down and becomes more expensive, which may or may not make it profitable to dig out depending in market price. The more electric cars, the less demand so it makes sense many will simply leave the business, while others remain as oil still the source of many derivatives such as plastics and fertilizer. Its not just cars.

In fact it is a good thing cars stop needing oil to move themselves, because as production slows and price climbs, people won't be able to afford riding on them as much they do now. Perhaps they should take a look at Europe who pays twice as America does for car fuel.

oil cannot be removed just like that, there are still many industries that need it, not just vehicles. your statement is very good, we cannot eliminate dependence on oil, we can only reduce demand

I think electric cars and the future will survive The current industry will help the country to prosper in the technology age But you are right in saying that because of corruption and political influence I will dissolve everything. They survive under the influence of power and ordinary people spend days in despair If there is no political influence on the electric vehicle then it will survive.
I see a trend that is changing, many countries that currently make electric vehicles very attractive even many countries that make electric vehicles tax free just to attract the interest of the public to glance at electric vehicles.

the oil corruptors will only bite their fingers in the future  Cheesy
Activity: 1036
Merit: 258
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 05, 2020, 03:18:21 AM
I think electric cars and the future will survive The current industry will help the country to prosper in the technology age But you are right in saying that because of corruption and political influence I will dissolve everything. They survive under the influence of power and ordinary people spend days in despair If there is no political influence on the electric vehicle then it will survive.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
April 04, 2020, 11:16:55 PM
Electric cars save you a lot of money, but it is going to destroy some countries where only oil as their main source of income.

By 2035 35 to 40% of the total jobs of this world will be taken over by AI or robots, get prepared for it by yourself from today.
I don't think it can be that fast because electric cars require adequate manufacturing elements and infrastructure according to standards. Not all countries can adopt it. If it affects oil dependence, there will always be a gap for export expansion and its use in other fields in full policy. Electric cars will reduce CO2 and are very suitable for urban economies, especially industrial-based cities.
You are talking about current situation but I am talking about 2050 or later when we may not have any oil left for fuel consumption.

Electric cars are not super fast but Tesla made somewhere near to it and in the near future they can attain the speed as well but speed may not be a mandatory thing,we need to survive first.

Oil does not stop suddenly like that, production slows down and becomes more expensive, which may or may not make it profitable to dig out depending in market price. The more electric cars, the less demand so it makes sense many will simply leave the business, while others remain as oil still the source of many derivatives such as plastics and fertilizer. Its not just cars.

In fact it is a good thing cars stop needing oil to move themselves, because as production slows and price climbs, people won't be able to afford riding on them as much they do now. Perhaps they should take a look at Europe who pays twice as America does for car fuel.

Countries that depend on oil should have diversified by now. Yes some will be hurt badly since they did not (like mine), but the middle eastern rich Arab countries have already gone "beyond oil", and used it correctly to wedge their future.

It cannot be helped since dinosaur juice is not infinite, and basing your economy solely on it is begging for disaster (of course in my country, its the ever corrupt political caste).
April 04, 2020, 07:09:08 PM
Very interesting project - openpilot https://comma.ai/
Set cost just 599 USD and turns normal car to semi-autonomous car - it is adding adaptive cruise control, automated lane centering etc. similar functions like Tesla autopilot.
It is compatible with new Toyota's
I see a great opportunity on Comma.ai, this George Hotz project is really capable of making your car a Self Driving at a low cost of under $ 1k.

George Hotz is very passionate about developing his platform, I bet the comma.ai will be very successful in the next few years, maybe in the next 4 to 6 years.

sorry Bump this post
Activity: 14
Merit: 2
November 17, 2019, 04:27:53 PM
Very interesting project - openpilot https://comma.ai/
Set cost just 599 USD and turns normal car to semi-autonomous car - it is adding adaptive cruise control, automated lane centering etc. similar functions like Tesla autopilot.
It is compatible with new Toyota's
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
November 17, 2019, 02:15:59 PM
Electric cars save you a lot of money, but it is going to destroy some countries where only oil as their main source of income.

By 2035 35 to 40% of the total jobs of this world will be taken over by AI or robots, get prepared for it by yourself from today.
I don't think it can be that fast because electric cars require adequate manufacturing elements and infrastructure according to standards. Not all countries can adopt it. If it affects oil dependence, there will always be a gap for export expansion and its use in other fields in full policy. Electric cars will reduce CO2 and are very suitable for urban economies, especially industrial-based cities.
You are talking about current situation but I am talking about 2050 or later when we may not have any oil left for fuel consumption.

Electric cars are not super fast but Tesla made somewhere near to it and in the near future they can attain the speed as well but speed may not be a mandatory thing,we need to survive first.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 295
November 17, 2019, 02:02:48 PM

Activity: 14
Merit: 2
November 17, 2019, 07:36:02 AM
Autonomous cars is the future, instead wasting time inside car and traffic you can do something creative or at least relax, watch movie etc.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
November 17, 2019, 06:28:55 AM

electric cars are of course the future, but it destroys jobs

legendary
November 16, 2019, 09:08:35 PM

By your definition all technology advance destroy jobs. Why don't we don't go back to pre-industrial revolution levels, so we can give more 18 hrs jobs in textile mills?

What about that guy that earned money developing photographic pictures, or the guys that repaired VCRs, or typists, telegraphists? Did you know there is people in Pyongyang doing the work a traffic light normally does? Imagine how many jobs we could give if we replaced all traffic lights with humans!

This could go on and on to no end. Technology ALWAYS destroy jobs, and many times creates jobs too, perhaps not in the same proportion, but usually everyone ends better than without it.

Luddism is not the answer. Besides, less fossil fuel burning is better for all.
Activity: 66
Merit: 13
November 13, 2019, 12:20:59 PM

legendary
November 12, 2019, 08:17:34 PM

You better get ready to see a huge lot of very luxurious EV on the road because all it's going to take for someone to pick between a Model S and a Porsche Taycan 4S is to sit in the two cars. Actually, it's going to be soon super easy to see who never sat in a Porsche Taycan: those driving a Model S.

The more the merrier. This is all in accordance to Elon Musk's plan to move humanity into electric cars. He did release his own electric motors for everyone, even Porsche, to use.

That said you have to take a look at how long it took Porsche to come out with something pure electric. The Model S is kinda old already, been out for 7 years already, it was meant as a Sedan type, nothing even remotely resembling a sports top of the line car (that's what the Roadster is for). The fact that even today the S can still compete with that new Porsche should tell you something about Tesla... Lets see if that Taycan can hold its flag 7 tears from now.

Yes i know Porsche, i like its classic sports car line, not its SUV line (i find those aesthetically horrible, actually).

Tesla has followed a top to bottom approach, from the most expensive speed cars to something cheap enough for the masses to commute "in style". It's still getting there, and i bet the bare bottom will be dominated by Chinese electric compacts anyway.

Perhaps then all the Tesla line will lower in price. An used Tesla S can be found sometimes cheaper than new model 3s.

I expect the other luxury sport car makers to chime in. A Ferrari with its signature whistle would be very nice, especially now that its quiet enough to hear it clearly.

Besides, Porsche did not send a car to Mars. Smiley That was an actual Tesla Roadster, the very thing that started it all...
Activity: 80
Merit: 27
November 12, 2019, 07:58:05 PM
I found and read this article https://www.energysage.com/electric-vehicles/buyers-guide/top-ev-companies/. this article writes about the list of car companies that are developing electric cars.

I want to ask you, do you think that electric cars are useful for the future and the survival of humanity on earth?

I don't know about that, but had they had the ford fusion hybrid 30 years ago, it would have been the number 1 selling car on the planet.
I think even 20 years ago they were the first to sell on the planet if they had the technology!
Pages:
Jump to: