Pages:
Author

Topic: Electricity cost where you live/mine? - page 4. (Read 4170 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
September 19, 2011, 06:48:04 AM
I could pay a $2000 one time fee to hook up a 400-AMPS x 240 Volts usable 24/7.

How much could I make by mining per month?  Would it be worth my trouble??  How much do I need to invest in air conditioning?
If the price if Bitcoin stays steady you will go into debt. I think many of the miners running now recouped their investment when the price was higher but are likely bleeding dollars for BTC to cover power. AC will depend on your climate. If you are in a cool climate and can circulate outside air you do not need much cooling. In warmer climates such as AZ a single rig with two cards can cost up to $50/mo just running the AC. You could do better with more efficient AC, but this is what I calculated mine to be.
Looking to make money on mining this late in the game is foolish. You are much better off buying coins on the market.

vip
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
September 19, 2011, 05:09:51 AM
I could pay a $2000 one time fee to hook up a 400-AMPS x 240 Volts usable 24/7.

How much could I make by mining per month?  Would it be worth my trouble??  How much do I need to invest in air conditioning?
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
September 18, 2011, 06:33:21 PM
actually i'm wondering, how steady/reliable is the current in Bangladesh? do you need a UPS?
no offence intended, never been there.

We have black outs in many places for like 6 hours at a time. But the voltate is constant (until it dies). I live in an area with fewer problems (the power company people must have families there) and also my building has a generator. I have UPS for the PC, monitor, external HD and also for the internet connection box. We still get power spikes, which can kill equipment.

Electricity at my factory is even cheaper. If BC was a money spinner I'd stash many rigs there. But it seems like that ship has sailed.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I think it's the time for those who benefit from low cost power, and low cost of living to benefit from BC mining now.

As the process becomes unprofitable for those who lives in higher cost cities, the competition will slow down. You'll not make loads of money, but a $100/$150 each month is good in many parts of the undeveloped world  Smiley

In some parts of the world, a person could live on that much. But then buying the rig would take a year's worth of wages, so the initial investment would be very high.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
September 18, 2011, 04:24:57 PM
actually i'm wondering, how steady/reliable is the current in Bangladesh? do you need a UPS?

We have black outs in many places for like 6 hours at a time. But the voltate is constant (until it dies). I live in an area with fewer problems (the power company people must have families there) and also my building has a generator. I have UPS for the PC, monitor, external HD and also for the internet connection box. We still get power spikes, which can kill equipment.

Electricity at my factory is even cheaper. If BC was a money spinner I'd stash many rigs there. But it seems like that ship has sailed.

I think it's the time for those who benefit from low cost power, and low cost of living to benefit from BC mining now.

As the process becomes unprofitable for those who lives in higher cost cities, the competition will slow down. You'll not make loads of money, but a $100/$150 each month is good in many parts of the undeveloped world  Smiley
Activity: 9
September 18, 2011, 01:43:08 PM

Activity: 133
September 18, 2011, 12:45:35 PM
It's around $0.1 here in Tunisia. I don't found it reasonable considering that US Per Capita is ten times higher than here. The stability is good in the latest years (5-7 short down times in the last year may be).
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
September 18, 2011, 04:58:04 AM
GBP 0.14784 per kWh inc VAT
= 0.2334  USD

there's a reason its known as rip off britain
Activity: 181
September 18, 2011, 03:14:29 AM
0.11$ USA, Florida
legendary
Activity: 1073
September 18, 2011, 03:12:10 AM
Currently paying 0.081/KWH. North East US.

-ST
Activity: 812
September 18, 2011, 02:23:23 AM
I pay $0.065 US per kwh here in Bangladesh

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
September 18, 2011, 02:19:18 AM
0.13 USD here in the north east USA.
Activity: 812
September 18, 2011, 01:59:08 AM
where i live you can get it for 0.09 AUD for about 9 hours per day (10pm to 7am) which is an off-peak price.

during the other 15 hours of the day it's 0.22 AUD.

Activity: 9
September 18, 2011, 01:50:31 AM
I pay $0.065 US per kwh here in Bangladesh, which I believe is pretty cheap compared with other countries. How much are other people paying?

I know electricity is far more expensive in the Philippines, for example, you can pay $0.274 per kwh in Manila.

Pages:
Jump to: