Pages:
Author

Topic: Electroneum coin and ICO - issues during launch (unofficial thread) - page 2. (Read 1913 times)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
I've been running the mining software on 1 of 3 PCs for days and didn't check on it.  Check out my shitty payout.

https://ibb.co/cOrjOG
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
That's too bad I'm not taking any side but I also invested here, the best way to protect your investment is to get updated and let the team works they are still working on the project they are not leaving us let's give them a chance it's to early to fud

Can you see any progress?

I have a habit of taking into account what people do, not what they say. So what did developers do in last 4 days?
Activity: 2254
Merit: 258
I'm "officially banned" from the thread for speaking out. He's claiming he spoke with mprep, I have the highest respect for mprep, so if that's actually true, I'll stop posting there... I raise a few questions and IM THE BAD GUY!!? Fuckin hell, grabbin a pint BBL.

Contraband: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2353282.360
Kryptkeeper1979 I am warning you publicly that you are not to post in this self moderated thread again.

The mod mprep told me to write this and if you post again you will be banned

That's too bad I'm not taking any side but I also invested here, the best way to protect your investment is to get updated and let the team works they are still working on the project they are not leaving us let's give them a chance it's to early to fud
Activity: 198
Contraband the apparent "Community Manager" of Electoneum is asking others to report me for speaking out, and apparently out of all the issues Electroneum is having, IM the biggest issue. Wow, just wow.

Quote from: contraband on Today at 05:44:15 PM
Remember everyone, if you see anyone on the scammer/spammer list make a post here, click report to moderator everytime you see them post, so that they get banned or at least suspended from BCT, as they have been asked not to post here.

Right now Cryptkeeper1979 is the biggest issue

Thank you

My Response:
Well it officially looks like im dealing with a 14 year old community manager here that has nothing better to do then call me a "scammer" and delete my posts. Next time you drop 2K into a project, let me know how it feels to be censored, deleted, called a scammer and harassed. Buying into ETN was a bloody mistake.

This was another deleted post from the thread.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
What is the date of ICO?

ICO is over when the 40$ mil hard cap was reached in late October.
I'm "officially banned" from the thread for speaking out. He's claiming he spoke with mprep, I have the highest respect for mprep, so if that's actually true, I'll stop posting there... I raise a few questions and IM THE BAD GUY!!? Fuckin hell, grabbin a pint BBL.

Contraband: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2353282.360
Kryptkeeper1979 I am warning you publicly that you are not to post in this self moderated thread again.

The mod mprep told me to write this and if you post again you will be banned
Activity: 91
Censoring of negative posts, inability to access any of the ICO coins, promises to fix things immediately. These are bad signs.    We all want this to succeed.  If I wasn't trying to finish, this month,  a civil securities fraud trial that I started prosecuting in March,  perhaps I wouldn't be so skeptical. 

Message to the Electoneum team:  If you got hacked, but the coins are safe, issue a statement saying so.  If you got hacked and the coins were stolen, but you are trying to recover them, issue a statement saying so.  If you were not hacked, issue a statement saying so.  If you have no idea what is happening, keep quiet and lawyer up.

Here is what will happen.  The longer this goes on, the more people involved in the ICO will be calling lawyers.  How do I know?  Because I am getting calls.

Absolutely, couldn't agree with you more. Sadly I put in just over 2K so very much invested in this. Nothing sucks more then being censored based on asking real questions, and then getting blamed for being disruptive and being a scammer. The last thing I wanted to do was make a thread like this, but since I had 4 mining rigs on EU/US Pools and about 4-5k ETN locked in the official pools, not to mention 2K invested in the ICO, I do have questions and concerns, and sadly they are being met with a child of a "community manager" named Contraband who continues to delete my posts and then harasses me and says I'm banned from the thread. Something is fishy and it's making me sick to my stomach.
That is what they have been saying all the time...
Censoring of negative posts, inability to access any of the ICO coins, promises to fix things immediately. These are bad signs.    We all want this to succeed.  If I wasn't trying to finish, this month,  a civil securities fraud trial that I started prosecuting in March,  perhaps I wouldn't be so skeptical. 

Message to the Electoneum team:  If you got hacked, but the coins are safe, issue a statement saying so.  If you got hacked and the coins were stolen, but you are trying to recover them, issue a statement saying so.  If you were not hacked, issue a statement saying so.  If you have no idea what is happening, keep quiet and lawyer up.

Here is what will happen.  The longer this goes on, the more people involved in the ICO will be calling lawyers.  How do I know?  Because I am getting calls.

Absolutely, couldn't agree with you more. Sadly I put in just over 2K so very much invested in this. Nothing sucks more then being censored based on asking real questions, and then getting blamed for being disruptive and being a scammer. The last thing I wanted to do was make a thread like this, but since I had 4 mining rigs on EU/US Pools and about 4-5k ETN locked in the official pools, not to mention 2K invested in the ICO, I do have questions and concerns, and sadly they are being met with a child of a "community manager" named Contraband who continues to delete my posts and then harasses me and says I'm banned from the thread. Something is fishy and it's making me sick to my stomach.

I wonder what happened to the original post posted by Maitre?
I saw it few minutes ago and cryptkeeper1979 quoted it, but then it got disappeared when I refreshed the page.
It's either Maitre deleted their post or forum moderators.

Activity: 476
Merit: 254
Reading from the entire posts showed some anomaly here that I was not expecting to see in a project with so much potential like Electroneuem. I think they should have handled it better especially the community manager. Its true he could be under a lot of pressure especially when things are not going according to plan but that does not mean he should start shutting down objective comments and observations about the project as that alone makes the project lost credibility.
Hello, my theory, which may also be false is that the ICO coins got stolen by a hacker.
And now, they permit people mining because they need their mining power to recreate the ICO coins.
But i think they won't say it officially and it is better also for us. As that would be catastrophic for them and also the investors.
As people would be afraid to put money on a company who is not safe.
But it may also not the case. I think it is better that nobody know that a company got hacked. It would destroy the project.
The company just want positive comments and no critics to protect the project i suppose.
Let them protect it as this is better also for the everyone.

This is extremely plausible since I'm also thinking the same.
I have a gut feeling that the hackers stole the premined coins.
The delay we are experiencing is that Electroneum is now forking away at a point just before the hackers stole the premine.
The hackers will essentially be on an unrecognized chain with a worthless premine.
It has happened before where the best thing to do was just to fork away and isolate the hacker; just google "ethereum hack explained"
As an investor I hope I'm wrong but the delay and silence from the official channels is getting me edgy.

Well keep posting on the official thread, and let me know how many times contraband will delete and censor your posts, and if it happens, please re-post the deleted post here so we can continue to keep track of this.
Activity: 98
Hello, my theory, which may also be false is that the ICO coins got stolen by a hacker.
And now, they permit people mining because they need their mining power to recreate the ICO coins.
But i think they won't say it officially and it is better also for us. As that would be catastrophic for them and also the investors.
But it may also not the case. I think it is better that nobody know that a company got hacked. It would destroy the project.
The company just want positive comments and no critics to protect the project i suppose.

This is extremely plausible since I'm also thinking the same.
I have a gut feeling that the hackers stole the premined coins.
The delay we are experiencing is that Electroneum is now forking away at a point just before the hackers stole the premine.
The hackers will essentially be on an unrecognized chain with a worthless premine.
It has happened before where the best thing to do was just to fork away and isolate the hacker; just google "ethereum hack explained"
As an investor I hope I'm wrong but the delay and silence from the official channels is getting me edgy.
Keep calm fellas,there was a massive spam attack on their system when they were about to launch and Amazon webs their server hosts, advised them to upgrade their entire network ecosystem to avoid any risks that would have resulted in mostly people getting their coins stolen.
I too have been a critic of all that went by since launch, but I saw a Facebook live video by a guy who went over to their office last night and I saw that the team is working their asses off and upgrading their network which requires thousands of code changes, that is why there has been a delay.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10214401757178878&id=1266690811&_rdr

This is the link to the video, if you guys watch it fully you guys will understand what exactly is going on

Understand the team is working their asses off, but asking questions about why our mining funds are locked on the US/EU official pools and why are funds are still locked shouldn't result in deleted posts, censorship and false claims of "I'm a scammer" by their community manager Contraband. He's literally doing everything you shouldn't do in this situation. People are allowed to air their questions, concerns, and frustration without being yelled at and censored.
Activity: 420
Merit: 102
Keep calm fellas,there was a massive spam attack on their system when they were about to launch and Amazon webs their server hosts, advised them to upgrade their entire network ecosystem to avoid any risks that would have resulted in mostly people getting their coins stolen.
I too have been a critic of all that went by since launch, but I saw a Facebook live video by a guy who went over to their office last night and I saw that the team is working their asses off and upgrading their network which requires thousands of code changes, that is why there has been a delay.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10214401757178878&id=1266690811&_rdr

This is the link to the video, if you guys watch it fully you guys will understand what exactly is going on
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
Activity: 91
Electroneum plans to put the remaining of the unsold ICO coins into the mobile mining app. I think that as a compensation to the ICO investors that were not able to withdraw their coins, they should instead give these remaining ICO coins to the ICO investors (proportionally to how much they invested). (I only invested like 30$ so I don't have much to gain from this personally, but it would be a decent solution imo)
Guys, here is more.

Project's spokesman, Contraband, started deleting his original posts where he announced mining pools that didn't pay to the miners.

Here is his original post 3023:

And then the post was removed:

And the reason he deletes my posts in his thread is because, according to him, I'm posting images of the posts that he hasn't posted.

Contraband is claiming you photoshopped this image or hired someone to do so. WOW. BRB going to make some fucking popcorn.

Quote from contraband: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2353282.340
"Let me ask you this, since I dont have to delete this post for fake images, did you make that screenshot? Or did you see someone else post it?"
Guys, here is more.

Project's spokesman, Contraband, started deleting his original posts where he announced mining pools that didn't pay to the miners.

Here is his original post 3023:

And then the post was removed:

And the reason he deletes my posts in his thread is because, according to him, I'm posting images of the posts that he hasn't posted.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Normally, the project started on November 1, and the mining began on October 30)))
Is not it SCAM?

https://eupool.electroneum.com/#payments
30.10.2017, 15:16:15 d5a8f562ae5fa1682f1bd92b260557adba84b0d477b87a4fb5fd0a6637eeddee 7689.00 0.01 0 1
https://blockexplorer.electroneum.com/tx/d5a8f562ae5fa1682f1bd92b260557adba84b0d477b87a4fb5fd0a6637eeddee

See how he refused the question)))
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.24023220
I think this project is HYPE !!!
What's funny, I would understand if developers didn't give a pig's arse about their communities when coins were launched by enthusiasts with no funding 3-4 years ago.

But now, when they have a community of investors, they still don't give a damn.

Not cool at all.

And (un)surprisingly those projects end up being successful because the "enthusiasts" know exactly what they are doing.
They way they have hyped ETN, I have a feeling their team is all marketing and the dev side is really wanting.
The AWS devs should have been hired from the get go. Hiring them now shows not only their naivety but they are reacting and not proacting.

On launch this coin was worth 20 cents and now less than 5 cents.
Who know what the price would be when they release the ICO coins to us.
I would be very happy to get 2 cents; doubling up my investment and move on.
I will also not hesitate to sell at ICO price, call it a day and reflect what a lesson this has been.

Another deleted post:

Contraband, you do understand that every post delete is being re-posted on 2 different threads.

Altcoin Discussion Thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/contraband-community-manager-of-electroneum-is-censoring-all-negative-posts-2357879

Altcoin Announcements Thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/electroneum-coin-and-ico-issues-during-launch-unofficial-thread-2357920
Pages:
Jump to: