Pages:
Author

Topic: Electroneum will STOP "mobile mining" rewards soon. - page 2. (Read 310 times)

Activity: 63
Merit: 0
That's a good team and I'm really sorry to hear this news. I didn't even have time to try the mobile mining but realized that it's an extremely interesting tool. Pls share your experience.
Activity: 490
Merit: 19
How true is this? It's a shame that this will end soon, I always use 1300 etn to buy data for browsing, the cloud mining is very helpful, I don't see how removing the mobile miner will help electroneum grow, we will see what happens next
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
If that happened, it would be a great pity. I also use this mobile app, there are no big rewards, but small rewards are also rewards.
I liked the whole project and I remember it from the very beginning. So I will see how the overall situation develops.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1175
They are focusing on anytask.com and have a few big announcements coming at the Anon Summit on May 19

It's for just 7 days! It will be interesting to see what will they announce. Anytask.com is an interesting project, I saw couple good reviews from first users. Definitely a good place for people with skills who have something to offer.
ETN is around for a while, and they are building a nice community. I think they can achieve some higher prices, and I got a bunch of ENT's sitting and waiting for that to happen! Smiley
Activity: 532
Merit: 41
The cloud mining doesn't make sense, will be good if they stop this and instead focus on new features, I so belief in this new project because the team are capable and hardworking, very rare to see such team in crypto space today
Activity: 574
Merit: 18
Making Smart Money Work
I'd be happy if electroneum stop mobile mining because somehow I feel it's not worth it, since it's not a real mobile mining but a cloud based reward it's like wasting coins away, I expected more growth from this project on the long run.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 528
Community Manager: ETN
They are focusing on anytask.com and have a few big announcements coming at the Anon Summit on May 19
Activity: 686
Merit: 15
If they want to stop mobile mining, that is good whatever the management decide that will help the price growth of ETN and push the project stronger in adoption I support.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 388
Would anyone mining Electroneum on mobile phone? I doubt, it has been a long time when I last saw a message on this. I think there is no much interest on mining Electroneum from mobile phone among the community. People used to waste their phone by mining this though.

They changed it to cloud mining with reward of around 10 ETN per day. But I think the mobile mining was better than this because people with high-end devices mined way more than this before they changed to cloud mining and I think they are the only one still offering this type of mining.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 162
If it will stop mobile mining what kind of mining will remain to keep the chain going?

"Mobile mining" was always a simulated mining rewards program

The mining was primarily ASICs in the beginning, and then moved to the new Proof of Responsibility system, which relies on specific  NGOs to keep the chain going

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@msystem/electroneum-s-moderated-blockchain-is-powered-by-their-unique-proof-of-responsibility
Yeah, it is a simulation from the start to make those people who are not capable of buying mining hardware or not capable of doing complicated things experience how does mining work. If they will stop it I guess they are losing one of their good feature which is not available on other blockchains, I don't know if it is a good decision because it is like their trademark they are known for that "mobile mining".
Activity: 2408
Merit: 693
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

Thoughts?

What effect will this have on the community?

Was it profitable to those who engage on it, even though the mobile mining was simulated mining I still feel the reward those not worth the stress you subject your device to,
It wasn't a big part of the project so I don't think it will be a big of a deal if they decided to stop it, they should focus on more practical work that can benefit the project, the expectation of electroneum has since died from supporters, it would have be a great project.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1021
like seriously.. do miners really mine crypto on mobile?? ... I tried this quiet a few times... and it's not something I can advice others to engage on .. it's a total waste of time and consider the kind of damage it can cause on your device..even vitallik once said mobile mining is a complete waste of time

On electroneum is different, they call it mining but what is happens there is they share the rewards across the users in the network, people don't even need to let the app running, it's called mining, but it's not. And the rewards are cents / week.
copper member
Activity: 351
Merit: 1
like seriously.. do miners really mine crypto on mobile?? ... I tried this quiet a few times... and it's not something I can advice others to engage on .. it's a total waste of time and consider the kind of damage it can cause on your device..even vitallik once said mobile mining is a complete waste of time
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2012
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
Would anyone mining Electroneum on mobile phone? I doubt, it has been a long time when I last saw a message on this. I think there is no much interest on mining Electroneum from mobile phone among the community. People used to waste their phone by mining this though.
Activity: 140
Merit: 57
https://streamies.io/
Impacts only on the electroneum community I think, and will be better, without "free" coins you can expect some valorization for the coin, add the mining, MN costs, or whatever they will put on the new mining.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 528
Community Manager: ETN

Many of you ask what will ETN do when mobile mining stops?

Here is your answer:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.54411804
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1000
it is unfortunate if mobile mining is stopped by Electroneum, even though the mining is preferred by people who are looking for a little ETN to refill their pensel, I also often use ETN to refill my cellphone, meaning to be able to use the features of the application must buy ETN at market if mining is stopped
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
to the Electroneum community yes it will have an impact at first because people that rely on this mobile mining will lost thier jobs  .

i have seen a person that adddicted to it and he did even refer me and many more for his mining business    . i feel sorry for him if the stopping continues but other features are still operating  . this doesnt have a major impact on the overall crypto market or on this community  because there are still alot of supporters for btc more than those altcoins
Activity: 896
Merit: 198

Thoughts?

What effect will this have on the community?
If there are many user's use that mining method yes it will affect the community but if you only earn a little amount for mining this is not a big deal if they remove it .

If the project have many community buy and selling and use it for the service they have will be enough to get the demand they needed.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 757
I guess those reward hunters are not helping to develop the project.
If so, then the project is already dead since day one.

I thought the full vision behind electroneum is about proceeding mining using mobiles. Now if the team decides to really stop this, what should be other plans of the project? The token price would drop drastically because of this.
Was this planned to happen? What should be the next step? By stopping mining, users wouldn't find any benefit having electroneum installed in their devices.
Pages:
Jump to: