Pages:
Author

Topic: Electrum Address Question - page 2. (Read 4196 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟
March 25, 2015, 12:33:47 PM
I would be receiving btc again to my electrum wallet.  I only did 1 transaction where i received btc to my electrum and 1 transaction where i send btc from electrum to another site.

First off, i read its not good idea to use same btc address for more than 1 transaction?  First off this doesn't make sense b/c if you receive btc to an address, u have to eventually send btc to another site.  Thus unless you send the whole amt... then you still have btc there.  So is there something im missing here?  Because if you send 1 btc, then 2btc etc... and have around 10 there... then its going to take few transactions.  Or does it refer to receiving btc only?

I was told one shouldn't do this even after 1 transaction whether sending or receiving from one address.  Is that true/false?  I read it has to do with anonymity.

The reason is because i have around 7.xxxx btc in my electrum wallet in a certain address and i want to receive another 10 btc from a site on the same address.  Thus i want 17.xxxxx btc in that address and not 7.xxxxx in this one and 10 btc in another one.  I done 2 transactions total with that address, receiving btc from a site, and sending some btc to another site.

I believe one address i read in electrum u can do up to 1000 total transactions before u use another address? 

So for now is it fine if i use the current one?  Also, is it safer to have 7.xxxx btc in one address and 10 btc in another address or just keeping the whole amt of btc in one address or its the same thing?  I read ppl say you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket like btc but just want to know if theres any difference with keeping the btc in electrum this way or its the same thing basically.  Obviously if you keep 7 btc in electrum and say 10 btc in multibit, its different.  But wondering if different address mean anything.

Also heres the thing.  In my electrum wallet, it shows main account which has my btc and then 5 different address with 0 btc that says receiving.  I know these are the other 5 address electrum generates for me.  However, the btc address that i used to receive btc and sent... its my main account ... but why is it i dont see the address on it?  It just shows main account.  I do know the address of the main accoutn by going to history as my first transaction was me receiving btc from a site.  So if i want to receive btc to the same btc address, then its that one right?  But it feels weird it not being on the main account since right clicking it... u can't copy the btc address.  Can someone explain this?
Pages:
Jump to: