Pages:
Author

Topic: Electrum: send transactions status Unconfirmed after 12 hours - page 2. (Read 240 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
If your transaction purpose is not urgent and you're not ready to spend more than 20 says/vbyte to get it confirmed, you can allow it to be dropped by nodes.
He supposed not be able to broadcast such transaction because nodes are not accepting a transaction below the purging. I am doubting it that it may be a local transaction.

@markrockny
Are you sure that it is not a local transaction? If not, it is better to increase the fee rate. 35 sat/vbyte is enough as fee rate. You can make use of https://mempool.space/ to know the fee rate to use. If it is a local transaction, you can also use 35 sat/vbyte to broadcast it.
Activity: 924
Merit: 728
In addition what @Findingnemo is saying, you can remove your transaction manually in your local machine and start to create a new transaction base on current mempool condition at least 31 sat/vbyte (don't forget to enable RBF feature).
Activity: 672
Merit: 855
I don't think this is normal. How do I get this resolved?

It’s normal it is just that the transaction fee is just too low, you need to bump the fee to the ones suggested above, know that you need to have an extra funds in those wallets to bump the fee. If the sending wallet is where you have extra funds then use the RBF bumping method. But if it is the receiving wallet that has the extra funds to cover for the charges then use the CPFP bumping method from the second wallet.

You can't really broadcast a transaction with 1.5sat/b with the current network congestion because most of the electrum servers will reject the TX and probably you will get an error like this.

The server returned an error when broadcasting the transaction. Consider trying to connect to a different server, or updating Electrum. insufficient fee

I was also a bit surprised that such transaction was allowed to broadcast with that low fee. But my guess is maybe the server he is connected to actually allows transactions with such fee rate, since nodes have different mempool settings, but definitely some nodes wouldn’t have the transaction in the mempool currently.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
I sent a small amount of BTC between my two Electrum wallets. After almost 12 hours the transactions status is still Unconfirmed in both wallets.
From Wallet:
Unconfirmed [1.5 sat/b, 503.19 MB]
Unconfirmed [1. sat/b, 503.39 MB]
To Wallet:
Unconfirmed [1.5 sat/b, 503.39 MB]
You can't really broadcast a transaction with 1.5sat/b with the current network congestion because most of the electrum servers will reject the TX and probably you will get an error like this.

The server returned an error when broadcasting the transaction. Consider trying to connect to a different server, or updating Electrum. insufficient fee

thanks

Use the bump fee feature and set the fee over 30sat/vbyte for your transaction to get included in the next block.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2173
Professional Community manager
You used a fee which is below the current purging rate, meaning your transaction will not be confirmed by any miner.

If your transaction purpose is not urgent and you're not ready to spend more than 20 says/vbyte to get it confirmed, you can allow it to be dropped by nodes.
If you want it confirmed, choose your priority fee and bump it to that, then rebroadcast.

Current rate;
Low, medium and high priority is approximately: 34, 37 and 42 satsvbyte.
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
It looks like the transaction fee you paid was way too low. Try to increase the fees by right-clicking your transaction in the transaction history. This should give you a better idea of how much you should set the fees to: https://mempool.space/
Activity: 7
Merit: 4
I sent a small amount of BTC between my two Electrum wallets. After almost 12 hours the transactions status is still Unconfirmed in both wallets.
From Wallet:
Unconfirmed [1.5 sat/b, 503.19 MB]
To Wallet:
Unconfirmed [1.5 sat/b, 503.39 MB]
thanks
Pages:
Jump to: