Pages:
Author

Topic: Electrum vs Multibit - page 2. (Read 6020 times)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
August 01, 2016, 02:26:33 AM
One more thing: electrum has a lot more coin controll features. You can actually freeze spending from a certain address, only spend from a certain address, chose your inputs, empty your wallet, edit your fee.

Also, multisig is supported by electrum, and it has an android version.

On the other hand, i personally find multibit HD more newbie-friendly.

As been said before: you could try them both out, and pick the one you like the best Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
August 01, 2016, 02:23:21 AM
Multibit HD have a fee limit of 0.0005 per KB, Electrum does not.

Multibit HD have a repair wallet feature which is a fast way to delete any transaction that have been dropped from the network. Electrum doesn't have such feature, but some said recovering electrum wallet from seed does the same thing (haven't tried that so I don't know if it's true).

In Multibit HD you'll have to create a payment request for each deposit, Electrum doesn't need you to create a request and lists multiple address for you to choose.

I believe there are more, but I don't use Multibit HD all that much so there are some features that I'm not familiar with.

Edit:
For security, both appear to be at the same level for standard wallet. But in Electrum you have the option to create a 2FA wallet.

i just wanted to add that you should try both of these wallets yourself and get familiar with their features, and there is nothing saying this is good and that is bad. it is only a matter of preference in the end about which you choose.

- Miltibit HD had (i say had because i think they removed it) a feature that you had to pay an extra fee to the developers in order to use their wallet on each transactions.
- i find using Electrum as an cold storage much easier when it comes to spending.
Activity: 629
Merit: 501
Experientia docet
July 31, 2016, 04:37:38 PM
Multibit HD have a fee limit of 0.0005 per KB, Electrum does not.

Multibit HD have a repair wallet feature which is a fast way to delete any transaction that have been dropped from the network. Electrum doesn't have such feature, but some said recovering electrum wallet from seed does the same thing (haven't tried that so I don't know if it's true).

In Multibit HD you'll have to create a payment request for each deposit, Electrum doesn't need you to create a request and lists multiple address for you to choose.

I believe there are more, but I don't use Multibit HD all that much so there are some features that I'm not familiar with.

Edit:
For security, both appear to be at the same level for standard wallet. But in Electrum you have the option to create a 2FA wallet.
Activity: 166
Merit: 100
July 31, 2016, 04:20:05 PM
I'm figuring out which client to use. Could we discuss which one is better? Major factors to consider: security and ease of use.
Pages:
Jump to: