Pages:
Author

Topic: Electrum 'we now have proof Electrum Pro is malware' - page 2. (Read 281 times)

HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4318
... or better yet you have to compile Electrum from its source code.
Last time I tried that... the Windows version just wouldn't run. No errors or anything, the .exe just failed to launch. Undecided

Is compiling the Windows version any easier now with V3+ or is it still relatively complicated requiring you to use Linux and Wine to compile?
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
In this day and age I'd be buying up every major domain imaginable before launching my project but that's often horribly expensive.

that still wouldn't solve any problems. in this day and age people have to educate themselves if they want to not-lose money. even when you download Electrum from Electrum.org you have to verify the signature of the file with the right public key. or better yet you have to compile Electrum from its source code.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4318
What is this "electrum dot com" that you speak of? Tongue

That's the first site I've actually had this pop up on... good to know that things are working as intended Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
For those who are wondering, they are talking about the fake Electrum who bought the electrum (.) com domain (< FAKE).

REMEMBER: The real Electrum is only available through ELECTRUM.ORG

Good point. I should've pointed out the real deal is .org and the interloper .com. The .com shows up a relatively long way down search results but that's not going to mean anything to a total noob.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
For those who are wondering, they are talking about the fake Electrum who bought the electrum (.) com domain (< FAKE).

Well the fact that they bought another domain is a give a way that they will try and scam people.

Almost as bad as what Bitcoin.com is doing, tricking others into buying BCH instead of BTC.

Too bad they can't remove that domain under some copyright issues. I can see many people getting tricked and trusting the software from .com since it seems like a legit domain.

Something should be done.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
https://twitter.com/ElectrumWallet/status/993819715855405056

I had no idea there were differing Electrums battling it out. Be careful out there, kids. In this day and age I'd be buying up every major domain imaginable before launching my project but that's often horribly expensive.
Pages:
Jump to: