Pages:
Author

Topic: EMA vs. MA(SMA) - page 2. (Read 186 times)

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283
December 18, 2021, 08:35:37 AM
For me its the same, i mean even you used both and set  up 20-50-100-200 there's no big difference in the chart, but i don't know when it comes the higher time frame such daily and etc because as far as i know sometimes they are not accurate."correct me if i'm wrong". By the way if you want to used that on day trade, probably 20-50 moving average and 200 is enough for swing trade, if you want scalp then you need different strategy. If i were you watch some video in youtube for sure you can get more idea how to use that both moving average in a specific way.
Activity: 812
Merit: 53
December 18, 2021, 08:14:08 AM
Brother these are trading indicators. Ema stands for exponential moving average. And na stands for moving average. To judge the moving average of market of 14 days to take an entry in market. We use these technical indicators to judge the behavior of market for it's next move. It might be upward or downward.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
December 17, 2021, 11:39:45 AM
The simple moving average (SMA) {average price over a certain period} and exponential moving average (EMA) {greater effect of recent prices} are the basis in forex trading and therefore the 10, 50, 100 and 200 day ranges are crucial with getting Recent data from political, economic and health news and analysis.

In Bitcoin, the impact of previous prices is less, but it is the identification of support and resistance points that gives good points for buying and selling during the average with differences that may occur randomly.

EMA can be used to set an initial stop-loss order for those who want to trade daily, but the correlation of Bitcoin with previous prices is usually after successfully identifying support and resistance points, thus increasing the gains within those points.

So in short and unlike forex trading which uses MA crossover as its basis.

Without identifying points of support and resistance, all of the above is useless
Activity: 177
Merit: 32
December 17, 2021, 05:20:53 AM
Hi,

Which actual values you're using for EMAs/MAs?
Why using one and not the other?
What fits best for 1m, 15m, 1hr, 4hr, 1D trading charts?
What fits best for BTC and what for alts?

thank you
Pages:
Jump to: