Pages:
Author

Topic: Email from Overstock to over 41 million people! - page 2. (Read 7495 times)

Activity: 593
Merit: 505
Wherever I may roam
Oh hell yes,

Byrne is the not so hidden wolf in sheep's clothing. He may own overstock, but he knows what the fuck is up in Wall Street.

There is a fascinating story that he tells in an interview that turned him on to investigating financial fraud in the following link http://peacerevolution.podomatic.com/entry/2010-05-18T16_27_48-07_00.

Basically some random guy comes to him and tells him he needs to do a few things with his company or he will run into trouble. Bryne doesn't believe him and this guy makes 3 predictions, all of which come true. One of the predictions was journalistic hit pieces written against him in a specific time frame. Can't remember the others currently...something to do with Overstock being illegally listed on foreign exchanges and some other one. (Byrne didn't do the illegal exchanges, someone wanting to attack overtsock did it.)

Bryne tried to reach the guy a year later and realized this insider knew a ton that he need to investigate.

There is a secret about wall st. so huge, if the public found out it was true, they would probably set NYSE on fire. It's also covered in the interview, I can't really do it justice.

Nice link, thanks Wink

legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035
Bitcoin accepted here
‘Someday, either zombies walk the Earth or something close to that. Bitcoin is the solution’
— Patrick Byrne

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Oh hell yes,

Byrne is the not so hidden wolf in sheep's clothing. He may own overstock, but he knows what the fuck is up in Wall Street.

There is a fascinating story that he tells in an interview that turned him on to investigating financial fraud in the following link http://peacerevolution.podomatic.com/entry/2010-05-18T16_27_48-07_00.

Basically some random guy comes to him and tells him he needs to do a few things with his company or he will run into trouble. Bryne doesn't believe him and this guy makes 3 predictions, all of which come true. One of the predictions was journalistic hit pieces written against him in a specific time frame. Can't remember the others currently...something to do with Overstock being illegally listed on foreign exchanges and some other one. (Byrne didn't do the illegal exchanges, someone wanting to attack overtsock did it.)

Bryne tried to reach the guy a year later and realized this insider knew a ton that he need to investigate.

There is a secret about wall st. so huge, if the public found out it was true, they would probably set NYSE on fire. It's also covered in the interview, I can't really do it justice.

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
From 41 million emails I would think at least half a million people read it. Still, not bad at all..
They should.
Activity: 585
Merit: 250
From 41 million emails I would think at least half a million people read it. Still, not bad at all..
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014
what? streets are full of zombies already, those that trust fiat money.

but there is hope, hail bitcoin!

I love this CEO.   Smiley
Activity: 280
Knowledge is Power
Excellent article. I had no idea the Overstock CEO decided to accept Bitcoin because he actually believes in it and because he sees the blatant corruption and problems in the fiat system. Also I agree with him that another big recession is in the making if we don't change the way the economy runs, be it with cryptocurrency or something else.

Also, random fact about Overstock I found on Wikipedia: "in January 2010, the National Retail Federation ranked the company #2 in the U.S. for best customer service.[23] In December of the same year, a Forbes-commissioned study found Overstock.com to be one of the top 10 best places to work in America."

I think I'll be switching from Amazon to Overstock. We need to support companies that care about people (both their customers and employees) and support Bitcoin.
Activity: 840
Merit: 509
Hahaha, this is friggin' AWESOME... 41M is quite a bit of audience.. well done!

Yeah, but how many of them will actually read the article?

Millions of people will at least start reading it, I would say.

I bet that less than 1% will read it, they messed up the most basic rules of email marketing.
1% is still too much. People always ignore emails from merchants and sellers, except email confirmation for the orders they placed.

Yeah, I doubt I'd read it if some CEO of a company I'd bought from randomly sent me an email.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
I guess choosing Overstock for the QR-Code link was a pretty good idea for the Super Bowl banner below that was not allowed into MetLife Stadium for Super Bowl XLVIII.

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Released near the 25th anniversary of the internet calling for the next age of technology
I must give him props for his timing
Were entering the next doorway now
TTM
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

I bet that less than 1% will read it, they messed up the most basic rules of email marketing.
1% is still too much. People always ignore emails from merchants and sellers, except email confirmation for the orders they placed.
donator
Activity: 674
Merit: 522
What a cool marketing move by Overstock! This CEO kicks ass!
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

Activity: 333
Commander of the Hodl Legions
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
I was so happy to see this thread yesterday I wrote about it.
Overstock and Patrick Byrne are kicking butt.

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/03/12/overstock-ceo-sheds-light-wall-street-greed-bitcoins-value-new-currency/
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
CoinBooster Rep
That's awesome
Activity: 294
That's awesome! Grin If only they expanded btc sales to the UK still really great news .
Now the public just needs a way of getting fast easy and btc. I know you guys in the US and China got ATM's but man we are so far behind in the UK. 
Activity: 593
Merit: 505
Wherever I may roam
I wonder how long it will take for Amazon to jump in too.. hope in the meanwhile will grab a big chunk of the market!
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I remember the Byrne days well while managing a fund hehe.  He was being shorted to the high heavens.  Naked shorts and he attacked Wall Street in general because of it.  Good for him.  Must feel good.
Pages:
Jump to: