Pages:
Author

Topic: Embeed YouTube videos - page 2. (Read 3709 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
February 15, 2015, 08:21:56 PM
SWF is insecure, there are a lot of 0-day exploits out there. HTML5 on the other hand is better, maybe only allow HTML5 videos for the tag?

YouTube embed code is an iframe. I don't know if we can control whether it will load an HTML5 player of a Flash player.
legendary
Activity: 858
Merit: 1000
February 15, 2015, 03:18:33 PM
SWF is insecure, there are a lot of 0-day exploits out there. HTML5 on the other hand is better, maybe only allow HTML5 videos for the tag?
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
January 29, 2015, 01:15:18 PM
I haven't been on youtube a lot recently, but when I last checked I noticed they were slowly migrating to using html 5, which is a very smart move. I wouldn't of thought this is going to be completed any time soon though.
Activity: 644
My goal is becaming a billionaire.
January 29, 2015, 02:28:58 AM
With YouTube finally switching over to HTML5 for video, it may be possible. But not all their videos are HTML5 yet.

With the security concerns, we'd have to take a hard look at whether this would be a good idea or not. So I can't say yes just yet.

Alright , I'am glad you was able to answer us.
Looking forward to see the new software even if this feature isn't included Grin keep us with updates Wink

~ Madness.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
January 28, 2015, 11:16:00 PM
Tentatively it sounds like a good idea
Html 5 being transitioned in and being relatively secure might make it worth implementing
Worst case it can be disabled if issues arise.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
January 28, 2015, 07:13:45 PM
With YouTube finally switching over to HTML5 for video, it may be possible. But not all their videos are HTML5 yet.

With the security concerns, we'd have to take a hard look at whether this would be a good idea or not. So I can't say yes just yet.
January 28, 2015, 02:18:31 PM
Flash is insecure and that's the reason why it's not used on the current forum software. Embedding SWF would be annoying also. I don't see the hardship of linking a video.

Is it really that insecure ? I mean most of the huge known forums that I know use this option and I don't really see them getting hacked  Undecided as redsn0w said , maybe it would be possible in new software since the security is going to inscrease etc .. and the developpers know what they are doing
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
January 28, 2015, 01:54:45 PM
Flash is insecure and that's the reason why it's not used on the current forum software.

Maybe in the new forum software it will be possible embed a youtube video, I think the security will grow.
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
January 28, 2015, 01:52:58 PM
Flash is insecure and that's the reason why it's not used on the current forum software. Embedding SWF would be annoying also. I don't see the hardship of linking a video.
January 28, 2015, 01:38:17 PM
I'am pretty sure it's not that hard to do , Being able to Embeed YouTube videos or other video websites would be nice using BBCode or something simillar [YouTube]URL_HERE[/YouTube] and we get the video embeed here on the post instead of going to YouTube .

Mentioning the developpers names so they can see the thread fast (they asked for it )  : taesup , wangbus
Anyway tell me what you guys think about it and if you agree or not .

~ Madness.
Pages:
Jump to: