Pages:
Author

Topic: EMBERCOIN [X13, POW/POS] - page 30. (Read 134191 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
January 01, 2018, 05:36:06 PM
replace wallet.dat... i think...

lol 90million is like a lot of money godlor Shocked
Activity: 1
January 01, 2018, 05:27:21 PM
I've been staking Ember for months now and had almost 90million. Yesterday I noticed the wallet wasn't in sync, so I looked into it, downloaded the new wallet and set all that up (discord instructions and whatnot, why doesn't the download just work?).

Anyway, now I only have 20million EMB... wtf?!  Just when they announce the new project. I backed up my wallet.dat previously and restored it in the new one but I'm still short 70million something EMB. Maybe I just don't know how to restore the wallet? I hope that's the case, otherwise I wouldn't bet on Chartis. The error is either on my end or theirs, but this stands as a huge loss.

It looks like the "recent transactions" stop at early October, so I'm missing 3 months of staked coins.
Activity: 15
January 01, 2018, 04:28:40 PM
I have bought 500k emb from cryptopia. Hope it to rise
Activity: 1498
Merit: 596
January 01, 2018, 04:15:39 PM
Swap & Burn is two different thing, right? if I am not wrong....

So EmberCoin will be swapped with Chartis in near future (date tba)...
Someone please confirm if I'm thinking in a wrong way.

And also if it going to swap then the ratio we can expect is 1:1, right?
January 01, 2018, 03:34:44 PM

My wallet is showing:

You are Staking!
Your weight: 300000
Network weight:0
Attempts Signing POS Blocks: 312808

I've transferred coins to my wallet 2 days ago and haven't received any mined coins.
Wallet is unlocked and running all time.
What is the problem?

Mine is running since Dec 25th and also upgraded my wallet few days ago BUT STILL NO Staking reward. My network weight show 63903674553.
Is there minimum days to mature our coins in our wallet, 30 days?
Activity: 560
Merit: 113
January 01, 2018, 03:32:56 PM
With new Chartis project waiting to see how ember market is going to react in upcoming days Smiley

Same here! Very surprised with the sell orders, this is great news.
Activity: 220
Merit: 100
January 01, 2018, 03:32:21 PM
whatever happen , i hope this leads to progression for these project and they dont abandon along the way
Activity: 198
Merit: 101
January 01, 2018, 03:20:35 PM
Any specific dates you have in mind for the swap?
Becoz you just said - "Later in 2018"..
So it can be Jan or Dec.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
January 01, 2018, 03:16:19 PM
With new Chartis project waiting to see how ember market is going to react in upcoming days Smiley
Activity: 560
Merit: 113
January 01, 2018, 02:53:57 PM
Update from the website!

Welcome to the Ember-Chártis Project: A Path-and-Position Charting Project Powered by Blockchain Technology and the Global Community

The EmberCoin team is excited to ring in the new year with a reveal of our new name, new use-case and more.

Later in 2018, all EmberCoin holders will be given the opportunity to burn their coins towards the redemption of a brand-new token for a brand-new project, Chártis.

Chártis is the first platform that will track and record the paths and positions of both moving and stationary objects and put them on the blockchain. This includes people, vehicles, buildings, property, satellites, and anything else under the sun.

The positions will be recorded to a distributed ledger behind a private key which ensures each user’s privacy, yet allows for different permission levels among the various user groups, such as individuals and organizations.

The community helps to verify this data through reporting, and will receive Chártis tokens for their efforts. The more consensus that is built around reported data, the more the user and the network benefits.

Earn Chártis Tokens for, but not limited to:

Walking around town/campus
Daily commuting
Traffic Incident Reporting
Building and Locale
Creating Off-Road/Hiking Trails
Traveling Commercial Vehicles/Aircraft Routes

The main point of difference from existing GPS mapping platforms is that our data is on the blockchain, which means it is unchangeable, reliable, verifiable.

The permanence of data lends itself to further analyzing, and will greatly benefit:

Insurance Auditors
Delivery/Taxi Dispatchers
Emergency Response Teams
Scientific Researchers
Air Traffic Controllers
City Planners

These roles require access to accurate and permanent data, for both the safety and optimization of the systems they supervise, and that’s what Chártis offers.

Privacy is paramount for Chártis, which is why every user will be able to control what data is publicly written to the blockchain.

The publicly reported data will be used in conjunction with private data to provide the most accurate information, while maintaining everyone’s desired levels of privacy. Users can make permissible certain elements of private data, such as:

Traffic Density
Temperature
Weather conditions
Elevation

Chártis will pioneer the use of a new crypto proof called Proof-of-Location, which will verify participating user’s locations and write them to the blockchain. Users contributing paths, position of structures, land, locales and more will have their charting work rewarded. This means that it does not matter how many coins you start out with like Proof of Stake, or the money you can spend on equipment like Proof of Work. The rewards are based on the accurate charting done by contributors.

A roadmap with monthly-to-quarterly targets will be made available in Q1 2018, followed by a whitepaper.

The voluntary burn-into-swap is a way to allow Ember holders a ground-floor opportunity to participate in this new project. Further details will follow in a future announcement.

Please know that EmberCoin will be unsupported after the final swap period, and the entire existing EmberCoin team will migrate over to Chártis. This means that those who choose not to burn their EmberCoin into Chártis tokens will be essentially holding an abandoned coin.

With the burn-into-swap procedure, there is no chance to enter in a wrong or fake address. The goal is to reduce the room for human error as much as possible.

Specifics of the burn procedure, including the exact ratio figure, will be released in the coming weeks. We have our CFO Desmond, an economist by trade, who is working on the best numbers for this figure. Since EmberCoin uses Proof of Stake, it is increasing total supply every day. Therefore, the ratio is dependent upon when the burn will happen so that we can hit our Chártis total supply target.

Every step of the burn-into-swap process will be made very clear with ample time to participate. Please watch this space for further details, as this is only the first of several announcements. It’s going to be a big year for the Ember-Chártis Project!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
January 01, 2018, 02:49:31 PM
Hi dev. I just read the latest EMB notice. There are some questions:

1. Any plans Masternode ?
2. What do you thing time swap Last 2018 ?
Activity: 87
January 01, 2018, 02:38:39 PM
guys how can i view my public key in the console log, want to dump my private key so I have a copy
Activity: 72
January 01, 2018, 01:06:41 PM
We have an announcement https://www.embercoin.io/welcome-ember-chartis-project

Re-branding to Chártis and changing from PoS to Proof-of-Location (PoL?)
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
January 01, 2018, 01:06:24 PM
So it seems there is going to be an announcement today at 5pm utc. New name new use case, whats gonna happen to existing coins? Is swap going to be 1:1 or as rumours 1000:1? And even after swap with 1000:1 ratio, if price remains the same are exisitng holders going to incur a big loss  Huh
Activity: 34
January 01, 2018, 12:28:21 PM
Hi,

First Happy new year to all.

Second i have a lot of EMB coins and transfer it to my Ember wallet and my question is how you can stake your coins just leave it in the wallet ?
Any answer is welcome of how it works !

Regards Bayer.
Activity: 20
January 01, 2018, 08:51:18 AM

My wallet is showing:

You are Staking!
Your weight: 300000
Network weight:0
Attempts Signing POS Blocks: 312808

I've transferred coins to my wallet 2 days ago and haven't received any mined coins.
Wallet is unlocked and running all time.
What is the problem?

Any help?
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1348
January 01, 2018, 07:38:58 AM
but what will be the difference in exchange?>

1 000  000 old coins  = 1000 new coins?

or

1 000  000 old coins  = 10 new coins?

or 

1 000  000 old coins  = 1  new coin?

HOW THIS WILL CHANGE THE PRICES

Hopefully not! Any one of the above would not be a fair exchange.

Why not?
It’s all relative and in proportion to your holdings.
It’s the same as a bonus issues (in reverse).
Total supply is decreasing but your holdings will still be equal to the total that you originally held.
January 01, 2018, 06:55:47 AM
What am I missing guys, total supply is supposed to be 900 milion. Total volume on cryptopia alone for LTC is already 25 billion.
Activity: 512
Merit: 20
January 01, 2018, 03:00:33 AM

or

or 

Hopefully not! Any one of the above would not be a fair exchange.
Activity: 48
January 01, 2018, 01:25:32 AM

or

or 

Pages:
Jump to: