Pages:
Author

Topic: Employees can get salary in Bitcoin in Miami - page 4. (Read 434 times)

Activity: 2884
Merit: 620
February 04, 2021, 07:45:05 AM
Someone has already posted this thread yesterday on Economics.

Thread: Miami Mayor Will Allow Employee salaries in Bitcoin
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
February 04, 2021, 07:35:36 AM
All thanks to Francis Suarez. Probably the coolest mayor I've ever heard of and the first mayor or politician of any country or state that I actually follow on social media.

Take a look at his Twitter account, it's filled with bitcoin and crypto stuff: https://twitter.com/FrancisSuarez

Very impressed that he's done interviews with Coindesk and everything.  Very cool, there's only so far that someone in his position can go promoting crypto but he seems to be taking it to his reasonable limits.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
February 04, 2021, 07:24:41 AM
What are your thoughts about this?

This case is not something revolutionary and new, a few years ago we could read similar news that some companies allow their workers to get part of the salary in BTC. At the end of 2017, a Japanese company announced that it would give the possibility of paying salaries to its employees in BTC. Of course, there is always a problem with the price of BTC, which is very volatile, so every employee can find himself in an awkward situation when BTC loses, say, 20% or more of its value overnight - but again, it can profit if the opposite happens.

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
February 04, 2021, 07:13:00 AM
All thanks to Francis Suarez. Probably the coolest mayor I've ever heard of and the first mayor or politician of any country or state that I actually follow on social media.

Take a look at his Twitter account, it's filled with bitcoin and crypto stuff: https://twitter.com/FrancisSuarez
Activity: 1834
Merit: 166
February 04, 2021, 06:17:40 AM
As the world is now witnessing the rise of Bitcoin in both terms growth and price many big institutions and government are recognising the need of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in their system.The Miami mayor Francis  Suarez said that Miami city employees could soon choose to get paid in Bitcoin rather than in USD as salary because he wants to expand the Bitcoin adoption throughout the city.

Crypto enthusiast and experts like CEO of twitter Jack Dorsey are calling it a smart move as they what impact it will have on growth of Miami city:

The persons, institutions, governments with wide prespective who know what financial payment system will work in future are already making rules and regulations to adopt Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies along with blockchain technology to stay ahead in future with economic becoming strong of nation.

Cointelegraph

What are your thoughts about this?
Pages:
Jump to: