Pages:
Author

Topic: [EMUNIE] Open Beta One - Information & Schedule - page 3. (Read 10017 times)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Let's bring Emunie site, forum up as soon as possible. All official messages should be posted first on emunie.com.
Activity: 382
Merit: 256
Cool, looking forward to it.  Better late than never!  Cheesy
Activity: 2
Before questions regarding hatching pop up again (because many bitcoin-minded people mistake this for mining):

Please remember to use the following thread for general questions -> [QQQ] emunie questions thread. Or just wait for the official forum to come back, where all those questions have been answered several times in detail.

Keep this thread for OB1-related stuff only.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Just a noob question,

When it open, how should we earn coins ? should we buy them like nxt or what?

No this will be just the beta testing, there will be a faucet where everyone will be able to get coins, details will be given
this coins won't have any value.

After the OB1 you will be able to buy some eMus in the IPO, or if you want later to the official realese.

But you can also get coins without buying them. All you need to do is to set up your system as a "hatcher". This way you'll get some fees from transactions, etc. if I'm not mistaken. Every PC on the market should be able to do this. But a good internet connection and a fast SSD will help.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Activity: 55
Merit: 1
Just a noob question,

No this will be just the beta testing, there will be a faucet where everyone will be able to get coins, details will be given
this coins won't have any value.

After the OB1 you will be able to buy some eMus in the IPO, or if you want later to the official realese.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
Just a noob question,

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

"It's Peachy's work and besides from the current delay everything's still valid"

Yeah, it's my sad/crude effort that I created a while ago to satisfy those of us "right-brainers" that see things visually.  I'll try to punch it up later and make something a bit more sexy.  ;-)

Overall, it's still relatively valid in both scope and intent.
Activity: 2
glad to know we have a schedule Kiss
looking forward to the OB1

There has already been a complete launch-schedule for some time on the eMunie forum. Since the whole forum is down atm, here's the direct link: http://i.imgur.com/vE7F1vC.png
Unfortunately, I forgot who put it together this clearly. Maybe Fuserleer or Peachy can verify the other dates.

EDIT: It's Peachy's work and besides from the current delay everything's still valid.
Activity: 103
LE HAPPY MERCHANT
nice to know, i'm up for testing Smiley
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
glad to know we have a schedule Kiss
looking forward to the OB1
Activity: 84
eMunie ftw! omg!
Activity: 325
Merit: 250

Can't wait
Hey Peachy,

Sent email to Dan earlier, but would be beneficial if we could:

- utilise pre-sale notification email list to update community forum members of new schedule
- update forum placeholder with new OB1 details or link to this thread

Just to get the word out to every corner of the world

Cheers

Richard2012,
Thank you for the suggestions.  We have been discussing those options already (as well as others) so I'm pleased to see our like minds thinking alike.  ;-)

Stay tuned for further updates as we roll them out.  We greatly appreciate your patience during this down time as well as your overall enthusiasm.
Activity: 1
Hey Peachy,

Sent email to Dan earlier, but would be beneficial if we could:

- utilise pre-sale notification email list to update community forum members of new schedule
- update forum placeholder with new OB1 details or link to this thread

Just to get the word out to every corner of the world

Cheers
This is not meant to side-step your questions,

They were pretty simple and easily answerable questions.  If you want people to actually adopt using this currency, system, whatever you want to call it, you should be able to swiftly answer questions like those, or maybe a link to some kind of FAQ that demonstrates how close source is not somehow a giant step backwards from open source Bitcoin, without pretending like it's "trolling", when it's an obvious, legitimate concern.

Keep in mind that most people on this forum have never used the client before, and have only heard of it, and most just loosely associate it with things like NXT due to the word IPO being used in the past.

jubalix,
Thank you for initiating a separate thread.  I will post my responses to these questions over there, but please allow me a modest amount of time to formulate them properly as I tend to be "long winded" (a product of my old age).

r0ach,
"Easy to answer" is the same as saying "Easy to Use".  As anyone who has children will attest, this is not always the case.  This is much like the disclaimer at the bottom of the "Barbie's Dream House" toy which deceptively states "Some assembly required".  "Some" assembly?  LOL.  I found I would need a PhD in engineering to accurately put together the unit with their obfuscated instruction manual.  Regardless, my intent is to imply that while something might "seem" simple to you, the actual discussion point/counterpoint arguments of the topic can easily devolve into  questions-upon-questions and thus further pollute this thread from its intended message.

Thank you gentlemen for your understanding and I look forward to the spirited discussion on the "temporary" QQQ thread (at least until we have our forum restored).

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
This is not meant to side-step your questions,

They were pretty simple and easily answerable questions.  If you want people to actually adopt using this currency, system, whatever you want to call it, you should be able to swiftly answer questions like those, or maybe a link to some kind of FAQ that demonstrates how close source is not somehow a giant step backwards from open source Bitcoin, without pretending like it's "trolling" when it's an obvious, legitimate concern.

Keep in mind that most people on this forum have never used the Emunie client before, and have only heard of it, and the only reference point anyone has is associating Emunie with NXT since the word IPO has been thrown around.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
"I have a few questions"

And so it begins thus proving my point. ;-)  This thread was initiated by Dan with the "intent" of providing an answer to those wondering what the status was with regard to emunie.  If I go down the path of answering your "new topic" question then I would only be further proving my point.

This is not meant to side-step your questions, but more a sincere request that you start a "new topic" for your queries as it would ensure we don't pollute the intended goals for this thread.  Moreover, I would have no qualms debating your questions rationally on that "new" thread as I have many reasoned and cogent counterpoints to your assertions, but this thread is not the place for them.

Please let me know when you have started that thread so that I can contribute to the discussion.

ok good points Peachy, I will start an emunie questions thread
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/qqq-emunie-questions-thread-445124
[QQQ] emunie questions thread.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
"I have a few questions"

And so it begins thus proving my point. ;-)  This thread was initiated by Dan with the "intent" of providing an answer to those wondering what the status was with regard to emunie.  If I go down the path of answering your "new topic" question then I would only be further proving my point.

This is not meant to side-step your questions, but more a sincere request that you start a "new topic" for your queries as it would ensure we don't pollute the intended goals for this thread.  Moreover, I would have no qualms debating your questions rationally on that "new" thread as I have many reasoned and cogent counterpoints to your assertions, but this thread is not the place for them.

Please let me know when you have started that thread so that I can contribute to the discussion.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
I have a few questions.  I brushed off eMunie completely and never looked into it due to IPO being mentioned in the old days, so maybe you can clear a few things up.

1)  Bitcoin was designed in a way to prevent central bankers from profiting off the issuance of currency.  Satoshi's profit margin for adopting use of the currency was exactly the same as anyone else that used it.  What is your low ball and high ball figure for what you will personally make if eMunie becomes successful?

2)  Since this project is close source, and I assume you hold some kind of trademarks/patents, what exactly stops you from selling the entire project to Goldman Sachs as soon as it gets big, and they charge everyone $20 a month, or hour, or day to use it, like some kind of AOL service.  This is just one example of the 5 million things I can see going wrong with personal ownership or direction of the project.
Pages:
Jump to: