Pages:
Author

Topic: encrypted wallet backup to SDdisk - page 2. (Read 2384 times)

legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2472
https://JetCash.com
January 19, 2016, 01:16:33 PM
Thanks for the reply, and your presumption is correct. The error message is a bit verbose, but here it is.

A fatal error occurred Bitcoin can no longer continue safely and will quit.

EXCEPTION: N5boost10filesystem16filesystem_errorE
boost::filesystem::status: Data error (cyclic redundancy check): "G:\Backup\enwallet1801.dat"
C:\Program Files\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe in Runaway exception

G: is obviously the SD card and the directory and file names are correct.
legendary
Activity: 4130
Merit: 1307
January 19, 2016, 12:01:33 PM
Do you have the exact error?  I presume you are talking about using Bitcoin Core's backup wallet functionality to backup directly to the SD card?
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2472
https://JetCash.com
January 19, 2016, 06:09:30 AM
I've started experimenting with wallet security. The first thing I did was to backup the blockchain, wallet and associated files by copying them onto an SDcard.  I then backed up the unencrypted wallet directly to a sub-directory on the SDcard, and this worked perfectly. Then I encrypted the wallet, and this seems to have been successful. The next stage was to backup the encrypted wallet directly to the SDcard, and this failed. There is quite a long message, but it seems to have been caused by a CRC error which caused a fatal exception inthe core, and it shut down. I restarted, and backed up the wallet onto the hard disk, and then copied the file onto the SDcard without problem. Does anyone have any idea why backing up directly to an SDcard would cause a problem when the wallet is encrypted?

Details -

HP core i5 computer with lots of space on the hard drive. OS is Windows 10 ( ! ) Bitcoin core 0.11.2 is working well with no other problems.
SDcard is a 128Gb SanDisk Extreme (class 10 ) with an 80 Mb/s rated transfer. No problems with any other use of this card.
Pages:
Jump to: