Pages:
Author

Topic: End Goal or Keep HODLing? - page 7. (Read 907 times)

Activity: 2982
Merit: 678
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 23, 2024, 11:52:56 PM
I sell when I want to because at this point I am already in great profit. But it won't stop me from holding because I have my own wallet designated for long term holding.

So, if you thinking that we are going to hold it until we die, it is your choice.

Money is there to be spent and enjoyed and if you dont want to do those, we are free to do what we wanna do.

There are some that has their end game and exit plan but as you can see, most of us here does have their owm retirement plans thru btc.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 212
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
March 23, 2024, 09:53:49 PM
I think people who say they will hold forever are just exaggerating. They don’t actually mean they are never going to sell it but rather this kind of expression stems out from the belief that bitcoin is going to continuously grow hence the saying that they will hold on.

They will hold on until they die is kind of saying that no matter what happens, no amount of fud can make them sell their holdings. At least that’s what I think. I do not know any person who plans on never selling their coins.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
March 23, 2024, 09:44:55 PM
Keep HODLing usually means keeping Bitcoin for the longest possible period, but this period varies completely depending on the individual, the crises he is going through, the economic situation, age, and the price at which he plans to sell it. Some people want to keep Bitcoin for retirement, others for the well-being of their children, and others who plan to spend. After 10 or 20 years, if you have a stable job and life, you will rarely try to sell your Bitcoin.
Activity: 224
Merit: 195
March 23, 2024, 08:00:40 PM
I wouldn't have said this but I am much more concerned about the fact that we have been hearing so many people talking about holding Bitcoin for the long term and never selling. I find it so confusing that after investing so much in Bitcoin for years we won't want to sell our bitcoin till we die.
Do not get yourself mixed up, their is no correctness in all what you said here. We priorize ourselves into investing our money into Bitcoin not with the aim of staring at it in our wallet for ever probably till we kick the bucket, we did invest with the sole reason of making profits and living the life we hope for but still on the long run before we get the desired return of investment it is expected of us to hold for a long time.

I've been buying Bitcoin since last year when it dipped in December i know it's not long. Since then I have held my bitcoin firmly regardless of the price increase this year I still decided to sit on it. Although I do not have enough Bitcoin because I have little money then if I were to sell my holdings now I would have 3 times of I invested.

Also, I have the belief that Bitcoin will keep breaking new ATH forever. Should I leave my Bitcoin forever without selling it or set a goal that I have in mind and when it reaches that goal I sell and take my profits?

What do you do?

On what principles guide your actions in the realm of Bitcoin (BTC)?

It's a good one for you being part of the Bitcoiners, very lovely to see your determination and patience towards holding Bitcoin for the long run till will supposingly hit the climax of our all time high just after the halving is completed. I would not emphasize on how and when you should sell your Bitcoin, it's something personal which you should decide by yourself. You can initially take part of your profit but not sell all, so you can experience another all time high after another cycle must have happened.
Activity: 98
Merit: 55
March 23, 2024, 07:58:52 PM
You seem to get thigns wrong here, no one has such plans of holding bitcoin forever without selling or wants to die with their bitcoin, the caught here is to hold your bitcoin long enough for you to get some compounding effect on it, you know historically bitcoin has proven to favour long term holders more than short term holders and that's why most people teach to hold bitcoin for long cause its more safer and more profitable.

You know big companies like MSTR by Michael Saylor that said its better to sell his company shares than to seel his bitcoin, these men understand the value of bitcoin and hence wants to continue accumulating it.

I don't believe anyone is investing in bitcoin without any reason, or is holding for long without having any goal on what to use his bitcoin for maybe to buy a luxury car or a lifestyle, but to achieve such profits you must have a very reasonable amount of stake in bitcoin as it grows, so you should not just be holding bitcoin indefinitely but you should be thinking about accumulating and adding more bitcoin to your stash, so if you really want to hold for longer you would have a much better reward for your holdings, I recommend using the DCA strategy cause it helps reduce the impact of market volatility on your Portfolio and you can be very flexible around it, yeah if your someone who has a busy schedule and want to but on dips then DCA would also make sure to have some of that intervals bought on dip prices.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
March 23, 2024, 07:40:47 PM
I wouldn't have said this but I am much more concerned about the fact that we have been hearing so many people talking about holding Bitcoin for the long term and never selling. I find it so confusing that after investing so much in Bitcoin for years we won't want to sell our bitcoin till we die.

I've been buying Bitcoin since last year when it dipped in December i know it's not long. Since then I have held my bitcoin firmly regardless of the price increase this year I still decided to sit on it. Although I do not have enough Bitcoin because I have little money then if I were to sell my holdings now I would have 3 times of I invested.

Also, I have the belief that Bitcoin will keep breaking new ATH forever. Should I leave my Bitcoin forever without selling it or set a goal that I have in mind and when it reaches that goal I sell and take my profits?

What do you do?

On what principles guide your actions in the realm of Bitcoin (BTC)?

Pages:
Jump to: