Pages:
Author

Topic: [ENDED] Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins Hardcover [1st Edition] - page 2. (Read 1045 times)

Hox
Activity: 758
Merit: 299
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164
I did not know that!  Shocked

I think this auction just got a whole lot more interesting  Tongue

As far as I know this is the first error book to be auctioned/sold.

Edit: There were about 50 of these error books that made it into the wild. I know some of these were printed with the standard colors, I wonder what the breakdown of each is.

I can get you a rough estimate soon, as I can check the inventory records from when I received the books Cheesy

🤔 Cool

Current High Bid:  0.013

MJ:

Do you have any figures on total production for the various editions of the Encyclopedia? I have always been curious about that. @frankbitcoin sorry to derail your thread. E.G. if 1000 of the Revised Premium were printed and there were only 50 error books that increases the value to collectors.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
legendary
The lowest you can buy these new on Amazon is over $200 now and there is no guarantee you will get one of the first 50 with the error pages.
Activity: 1912
Merit: 354
Activity: 1344
Merit: 295
I did not know that!  Shocked

I think this auction just got a whole lot more interesting  Tongue

Edit: There were about 50 of these error books that made it into the wild. I know some of these were printed with the standard colors, I wonder what the breakdown of each is.

🤔 Cool

Current High Bid:  0.013
Hox
I did not know that!  Shocked

I think this auction just got a whole lot more interesting  Tongue

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840
Keep what's important, and know who's your friend
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
I never knew about that either, that's awesome! Elias in Pripyat! Cheesy
I did not know that!  Shocked

Maybe I should have held onto it then  Wink  Just teasing, auction is still on of course

High Bid:  .011BTC

And here's pics on those pages per request:

and the page 5 blank:

Activity: 765
Merit: 283
Is it possible to see what the 5th page of this particular book looks like?

Want to see if there is a page w/ 2x black and white photos showing the "errors"

You mean literally the 5th page?  The 5th page is a blank page, right before that is a copyright notice, and after that page is the "these coins are the lasting physical evidence" page.

Perfect!!!

0.011BTC

It does not matter if it is a "Premium" or "Regular" print...  and both copies are marked as "Revised Edition", as the hardback was revised from the paperback.

The copies w/ blank pages are considered 1st print. There were less than 50 of these books made and distributed.
Most of these copies were distributed early as makers and autograph editions.

The copies w/ the black and white photo page highlighting the errors would be a 2nd print copy.

Lol nice, did not know that. Just checked mine and page 5 is blank and page 150 has the 2 vacation pictures on it.
Hox
While we're checking pages can you check if this has the image errors on page 150 & 38?

legendary
FWIW this hardcover Premium Revised Edition seems to becoming rare. No longer for sale direct from Mr. Ahonen: he is only selling the standard revised. You want the better pictures in the Premium edition. Good luck with the auction!
legendary
Yes I have the same blank page on my 2016 Premium revised edition. In the standard 2016 revised edition that blank page shows:

Pictures are higher quality in the Premium revised edition.
Is it possible to see what the 5th page of this particular book looks like?

Want to see if there is a page w/ 2x black and white photos showing the "errors"

You mean literally the 5th page?  The 5th page is a blank page, right before that is a copyright notice, and after that page is the "these coins are the lasting physical evidence" page.
bump.

current bid .01BTC
Activity: 89
Merit: 22
Updates:

Due to the page 5 blank, MJ mentions that this is considered a 1st edition and that there were less than 50 produced  Shocked

Excellent condition.  

Pic:

Shipping:  Domestic: FREE via USPS Media Mail  International:  $30

Starting Bid:  .01BTC
Bid increments: .001BTC
Auction Ends: Thursday, November 8th, 6PM EST
Sniping: No, any bid made in the last 15 minutes will extend the auction time by another 15 minutes until no further bids are made.

Happy bidding!
Pages:
Jump to: