Pages:
Author

Topic: Ending bankruptcies, unemployment, and poverty - page 2. (Read 4826 times)

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
Bankruptcies are natural part of business. The problem is results from them. Without them there would be lot of inefficiency, which would mean employment, but on other hand also poverty.

Governments don't do good job, but I don't believe other options are better just yet...

It would also affect our technological evolution, as companies would be much less willing to risk new things. Most of the items we get in stores are based on someone feeling confident enough to risk everything in order to go for it. I don't know what a lack of bankruptcies would do but I have the feeling it would be a big problem.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Bankruptcies are natural part of business. The problem is results from them. Without them there would be lot of inefficiency, which would mean employment, but on other hand also poverty.

Governments don't do good job, but I don't believe other options are better just yet...
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
This is why I am involved in Bitcoin:

The economy is not a machine.  It is an ecology made of biological organisms -- humans.  It is far too complex for any government to fully understand or improve, but governments try to do this.  They play God.  The result is bankruptcies, unemployment and poverty for millions of good people who have never harmed anyone.

The Clipper Ship Strategy, Richard J. Maybury

I somewhat agree. There are things the government should be involved with, and others they shouldn't. I think Bitcoin is on the "shouldn't" list simply because it allows us to vote (in a sense) on how things work and how inflation/deflation are dealt with. Everyone that has coins is part owner of the entire thing, so I view it as being like a company and we own stocks.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm
This is why I am involved in Bitcoin:

The economy is not a machine.  It is an ecology made of biological organisms -- humans.  It is far too complex for any government to fully understand or improve, but governments try to do this.  They play God.  The result is bankruptcies, unemployment and poverty for millions of good people who have never harmed anyone.

The Clipper Ship Strategy, Richard J. Maybury
Pages:
Jump to: