Pages:
Author

Topic: [Eng: Tutorial] Kali NetHunter - Linux on Android - page 2. (Read 261 times)

Activity: 861
Merit: 662
Once months ago I did that with some other Linux Desktop environment, it was just XFCE under Termux but it was extremely slow and my phone is or was a high end phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 10+).

So maybe some users will get disappointment with those Desktop environments under Android

If I understand correctly this basically runs two operating systems on your smartphone, Android and Kali Linux?

Yes that is what they are doing, but if you ask me there is no need to that for some users that will be some complex, I use PGP and other Linux CLI tools on android - Termux every day, for example  i use it as my password manager with this tool: passwordstore an open source password manager

For me there is no need to use those tools under GUI environments. Maybe i need to do a video tutorial of how to use PGP/GPG in Termux without GUI, If you ask me it is more efficient and simple, but some people simple doesn't like command line tools...  Huh Roll Eyes

I feel stupid with CLI applications, it's just that.

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
If I understand correctly this basically runs two operating systems on your smartphone, Android and Kali Linux?
This can be useful in some cases but people with older smartphones could also run Ubuntu Touch or Manjaro OS on their devices, even if this are not my favorite OS.
Debian Noroot is also an option, and I think that PinePhone is open source project that supports most major Linux phone projects.
Activity: 322
Merit: 318
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>BAN
~snip~
Thank you for the link. I'll make sure to check it out. Wink

Some users were asking for a tutorial on how to install Linux on a mobile device. That's the main reason I made it. Even if one doesn't use PGP in Kali Nethunter, at least he can enjoy Linux. It's like hitting two targets with one arrow.
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 5531
Self-proclaimed Genius
Inspired by Learn Bitcoin's comprehensive guide on PGP,
For anyone who's only interested on only using PGP on Android without GUI, Termux is enough to install GnuPG.
So only the first few steps and a very little amount of storage is required in this use-case.

Simply install Termux, and follow Steps 1 to 4 in the instructions to update and set the necessary permissions.
Then install GnuPG via: apt install gnupg (current version 2.4.3)

After that, it's a matter of using GnuPG in the command line which has an abundant number of tutorials like: /index.php?topic=5240594.0#post_CmdInstruct
Example final result of the tutorial above in Termux:
Activity: 322
Merit: 318
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>BAN
Inspired by Learn Bitcoin's comprehensive guide on PGP, I've decided to create a tutorial on installing Kali NetHunter on Android device (Rootless).

Using this Android users will gain the ability to utilize PGP encryption on their devices with NetHunter. Hence completing the trilogy of guides on PGP across Windows, Linux and Android platform.

This tutorial is made on Android 11, but it should also work seamlessly on Android 12, 13 and 14.

Minimum installation requirements:

• 1. Minimum 15–20 GB of storage
  • 2. Knowledge of Command Prompt and Terminal apps
  • 3. A working brain

➥ Step 1: Install Termux app from github/F-droid (Use VPN, in case of slow download).

➥ Step 2: Open termux and enter the following command to update package

Code:
pkg update -y

➥ Step 3: When prompted for an action press Y and so you install the package maintainer’s version (6 times)

➥ Step 4: Allow storage permission

Code:
termux-setup-storage

➥ Step 5: Install wget

Code:
pkg install wget

➥ Step 6: Download NetHunter installation file

Code:
wget -O install-nethunter-termux https://offs.ec/2MceZWr

➥ Step 7: Change permission to execute the file

Code:
chmod +x install-nethunter-termux

➥ Step 8: Execute the file

Code:
./install-nethunter-termux

➥ Step 9: Enter the image you wanna install. You can choose full, minimal, nano. I will go for no 1.

➥ Step 10: Press N when asked for delete rootfs (The installation will take a while, 15-30 minutes depending on your internet speed).

After step 10, you will have to fix dbus-x11 error. Users are most likely to get this error after the first installation. To fix this problem you just have to change the DNS server and update some package.

Fix dbus-x11 error

➥ Step 11: Run the following command

Code:
nh -r

➥ Step 12: Open the file /etc/resolve.conf

Code:
nano  /etc/resolve.conf

➥ Step 13: Edit the ip address to 8.8.8.8, Then Press ctrl + x and enter Y to save

➥ Step 14: Run apt update and apt install dbus

Code:
apt update
apt install dbus-x11 -y

Now that we have fixed the error, we can continue further....

➥ Step 15: Enter NetHunter and Set the password for Kex VNC (press N to entering a view-only password)

➥ Step 16: Note down the port number, you will need it in step 19.

➥ Step 17: Download Nethunter app and install it.

➥ Step 18: Open the NetHunter app and search for Kex, install it and open it.

➥ Step 19: Enter the port number, username as kali, and your password from step 16 and press connect.

➥ Step 20: Voila!!! Now you have Rootless Kali NetHunter GUI on your Android device.

➥ Related Tutorials:

➥ Reference used:

https://www.youtube.com/davidbombal
https://www.kali.org/docs/nethunter/nethunter-rootless/
https://store.nethunter.com/
https://github.com/termux/termux-app/issues/236
Pages:
Jump to: