Pages:
Author

Topic: Enjoy smoking without butane, try Ital hemp wick - page 2. (Read 4302 times)

Activity: 438
Merit: 256
Redot.com - Trade Like a Pro, Earn 70% of Referral

How long does it take to light a cigar with that seemingly-tiny flame?

If you hold the wick upside down, you can get a fucking massive flame.
^^^
If I light a cigar I sometimes double the wick up, or tie a small knot at the end to get a bigger flame.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
for all of you newbs, this is a picture of a (my) hemp wick. It may not be the same kind or size that Awalt541 is selling, but you get the idea.

If you hold the wick upside down, you can get a fucking massive flame.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
for all of you newbs, this is a picture of a (my) hemp wick. It may not be the same kind or size that Awalt541 is selling, but you get the idea.

Sorry, I just had to compliment you on the new MtGox Checkout, it's extremely sexy.

On topic: I have these hemp wick's and they work amazing.

Haha, thanks.
They really do make a huge difference in the quality of your smoke.
donator
Activity: 256
Merit: 250
Happy New Year!
Sorry, I just had to compliment you on the new MtGox Checkout, it's extremely sexy.

On topic: I have these hemp wick's and they work amazing.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Oh dude, these things work so well when your smoking a bowl of weed. All you can taste is just pure 100% unaltered chronic flavor...And its nice...the wicks last a good while to, if you use them properly.
Would blindness be my primary concern or catching my facial hair on fire?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
Eliminate the lighter completely, light the hemp wick with one of Grix's lasers. Wink

I would like to see if you could just light a cigarette or something with one, it would be cool using a laser to light up haha.
YouTube!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Eliminate the lighter completely, light the hemp wick with one of Grix's lasers. Wink

I would like to see if you could just light a cigarette or something with one, it would be cool using a laser to light up haha.

I would try lighting a hemp wick with one of those lasers. It would take a much braver man than me to stick a smoke in my mouth and trying to light it with the laser. Wink

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Thats about right  Grin
legendary

legendary
If you put a normal Bic lighter to the bottom of a glass cup it will leave a bunch of black soot that is unburned gases, if you do the same with hemp wick it is far less. Butane also burns at 3500 degrees which is much hotter than a match or the hemp wick, this causes you to torch a cigar or a pipe making the hits hot and harsh. It is not necessary but it does make it more enjoyable and healthy.

Butane is C4H10. When burned in oxygen, the ONLY products are carbon dioxide and water.

The black soot left from burning, is either the by product of another gas in the air burning, or impurities of the butane that Bic puts in their lighters. In both situations, it's unfair to blame poor burning, and possibly flavor changes on the fuel source. Rather, it seems you all just need to try a different brand of lighter.

jesus christ dude, clearly you've never smoked from a pipe or lit a good cigar with a shitty lighter before. go troll somewhere else. what he's selling is a widely-used product in the world of smokers. every smoke shop in the world carries this stuff.
If you put a normal Bic lighter to the bottom of a glass cup it will leave a bunch of black soot that is unburned gases, if you do the same with hemp wick it is far less. Butane also burns at 3500 degrees which is much hotter than a match or the hemp wick, this causes you to torch a cigar or a pipe making the hits hot and harsh. It is not necessary but it does make it more enjoyable and healthy.

Butane is C4H10. When burned in oxygen, the ONLY products are carbon dioxide and water.

The black soot left from burning, is either the by product of another gas in the air burning, or impurities of the butane that Bic puts in their lighters. In both situations, it's unfair to blame poor burning, and possibly flavor changes on the fuel source. Rather, it seems you all just need to try a different brand of lighter.

This still doesn't address the 3500 degrees that butane burns at, which is what causes harshness not the byproduct of burning impure butane. How is it unfair to blame a fuel source? I would urge you to try smoking a pipe of tobacco or other herbs with a butane lighter and then switch to a match/candle/hemp wick and you notice a difference in the taste, the control in the flame while lighting, and how much longer a pipe lasts due to not "torching" the herbs. The only thing I light with a butane lighter are cigarettes now because you cant make those things taste any better.
If you have half a bitcoin why not order the 5' and see if you notice a difference  Grin

Andrew
Activity: 682
Merit: 500

Pages:
Jump to: