Pages:
Author

Topic: Enjoy the Last 24 Hours of Profitable GPU Mining - page 3. (Read 7077 times)

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
to the OP, except for those w/ free electricity and those who have lotsa shares w/ CoinLab =)
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
If you really wanted to shut it down and sell the hardware wouldnt it be way wiser to do it some weeks before? Now you will get a real bad price because the market will be flooded. So much worse that its probably worth months of mining. Am i wrong?
No you are right. I sold most of my GPUs quite a while back, but kept 1 7970 to game on.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
If you really wanted to shut it down and sell the hardware wouldnt it be way wiser to do it some weeks before? Now you will get a real bad price because the market will be flooded. So much worse that its probably worth months of mining. Am i wrong?
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Im at 0.15%/kwh, so even if I undervolt, I can barely make about 40 cents after electric costs. I just got my Single running on a MK802, so I think I'll let that run, and turn off my computer for the first time in oh, 14 months?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
And i was so sure that the guys will wait with realizing wins at least after halfing or some days after that. But one started last night, dropping the exchange course. Lets see if all the guys claiming that with halving for miners the btc price will go up can make this selffulfilling prophecy still true. I hope, cause i bought at $12.26...
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
its still profitable, just less profitable.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Trust me, these default swaps will limit the risks
Yeah, I know it's not exact, but I just noticed we had hit block 209,858, or 142 blocks from BTC reward halving.  Assuming 6 blocks/hour, we're just under 24 hours (23.66 to be exact) until we hit block 210,000 and reward goes down to 25 BTC/block.

Unless BTC/$ goes way up, at .10 kilowatt/hour here, I'll still be profitable, but just barely, and likely not worth the effort/aggravation.

It's been fun...and I'll be sad to see it go away.  Sad

I totally agree! I'm going to stop mining Bitcoins tomorrow and switch what few gpus I have left over to Litecoin until I sell them. It's been fun, but I won't miss the heat and noise!
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Yeah, I know it's not exact, but I just noticed we had hit block 209,858, or 142 blocks from BTC reward halving.  Assuming 6 blocks/hour, we're just under 24 hours (23.66 to be exact) until we hit block 210,000 and reward goes down to 25 BTC/block.

Unless BTC/$ goes way up, at .10 kilowatt/hour here, I'll still be profitable, but just barely, and likely not worth the effort/aggravation.

It's been fun...and I'll be sad to see it go away.  Sad
Pages:
Jump to: