Pages:
Author

Topic: Enough with the negativity give the forum some credit it deserves - page 2. (Read 575 times)

Activity: 1035
Merit: 200
A good place open for the general public would probably have bad people as well. They would try to destroy its reputation, take advantage of it for their own personal benefits, and run away once they find it not being anymore beneficial for them. That is exactly what happens, or is happening, with this forum.
The rise of the price of Bitcoin, and the initialization of monetary campaigns in the forum had attracted the public towards it, and among them, there were bad ones as well. This process has never ended, but good for us, good things are still here, if you have the eyes to see them.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
It quite saddens me that the trend now is about how negative (based on their opinion) the forum is, without considering the positive side to this system they complain about. Bitcointalk started from the stretch and have survived 10years without a single investor sponsoring the arm of the forum.

The forum is now lucrative, even users make money here.

This website is a good reference about bitcoin and is highly accessed worldwide.

I agree that we see a lot of complains here. More people should highlight the good side.
Activity: 280
Merit: 215
It quite saddens me that the trend now is about how negative (based on their opinion) the forum is, without considering the positive side to this system they complain about. Bitcointalk started from the stretch and have survived 10years without a single investor sponsoring the arm of the forum. Not much appreciating is given to the moderators, admin and other staff that have kept the forum functioning till date instead you see complain of the flaws without appreciating the positive effect of those system introduced into the forum to better your experience making the forum more conducive for everyone.
if you could check how the forum was at its beginning state you would notice there was a good and friendly ecosystem(less troll, positive members bringing in ideas, mutual respect, etc) but it's quite the opposite of late.

Any time someone comes short of a rule and gets chastised he/she is quick to unleash a negative attitude on the forum and make some redundant post or comment either with the affected account or alt account.

Some has complained about the features put in place by the forum(Merit source, DT just to mention but a few)
Before complaining and asking for these systems to be stopped have you considered the position effect they have had on the forum and her member.

**merit sources.
I had made a post about how some members hoard there merit thereby affecting the circulation of merit negatively
 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.50446807
Although there have been some goodwill members of the forum who has been playing there a role for the betterment of the forum in terms of merit circulation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=topsendat

Merit sources have been of great importance to the forum it was a successor to the airdrops merit era which it was in place till date would have been abused by individuals trying to merit their alt account. The fact that an individual can get a merit should not give them the right to lash out at the merit sources rather turn that disappointment into a fuel that could drive there resolve into achieving that goal.

****DT.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-new-dt-system-updated-04-may-2019-5095716
This was a good addition by the forum in my own opinion.
We all know that this is a large forum with a multitude of users some has inordinate reasons for being here and some have a positive reason for being here.
And the trust system can aid members to spot a negative member by view their trust rate and if there is a blemish would be very cautious and also there is a positive trust member that has been tested and trusted.
As the saying goes you can not please everyone at the same time. Some users still have there distaste against the DT system in my own opinion is quite unnecessary. The DTs are no fools and carry out their roles in accordance with the rules.

To conclude the constant negativity would not be beneficial to anyone. Bitcointalk forum is bigger than any member and making unhelpful speculation about it should not be done

Pages:
Jump to: