Pages:
Author

Topic: EOS Officially Has The Worse ICO Setup In History - page 3. (Read 21728 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
https://steemit.com/ethereum/@kyle.anderson/eos-the-ethereum-killer-with-an-erc-20-debut-what-is-up-with-this-strange-ico

I thought Bancor was bad but this makes Bancors' ICO look like heaven.

At the start of the sale, 20% of the total minted tokens (200,000,000 EOS) will become available during a 5 day window.

The remaining 800,000,000 EOS will then be split evenly into 360 one-day windows of 2,222,222.222222 EOS tokens each day.

Depending how much money is put in each day the people get coin accordingly.

So you basically have no idea how much coin you get in regards to how much money you put in.

**There is essentially a daily, uncapped ICO for the next 360 days to distribute the remaining 80% of the EOS tokens**

😂😂😂

Wow, just wow... ICO terms and conditions get worse and worse with each new release. How long before we see complex constructions to scam people and legally (depending on country) getting away with it (not that they can't do it now with ico's). It seems some ICO developers are asking for regulations by the powers that be with each new ridiculous following contract. Hopefully this doesn't become the consensus, because I'm seriously beginning to ask myself if it's even worth it to invest 5/6 figures in an ico. Most ico's and passed projects have been in the working for many years with their own funding outside of ico, so it isn't that they need us, perse. It also doesn't give any benefits like interests or dividends, while carrying full risk.

Then we have the shills that don't put their money where their mouth is, but are parasiting on bounties paid for by investors and dump the tokens that lower the price, thereby hurting investors and potentially the development and making money while having put in $0 themselves. This is getting more ridiculous by the day. People think investments are donations these days.

The following points are big problems with EOS as far as I can tell from my limited research on this project (no DD done):
- Huge inflation over a year period;
- Philosophy of centralization that goes against the entire concept of decentralization, i.e. blockchains.

Thanks for the headsup mate!
Activity: 547
Merit: 502
New Fact

EOS is going to be completely centralized in the hands of people who own the most, 21 guys with the most I believe. They get all new coins generated and also they can vote for their own apps to get free coins. They own the network.

Please do some research instead of regurgitating info from another source.

Here is a good overview interview with Dan about EOS that also touches base on BitShares and Steem:  https://youtu.be/K6uR0A9cC5Y
Activity: 84
Merit: 11
New Fact

Dan`s 2 projects bitshares and steem have had very similar history. Pump after the release then dump:

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitshares/

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/steem/

New Fact

EOS will have no set valuation for their coin in the 360 ICOS, depending how much money comes so will the coins be distributed. So if lots of money comes in you're screwed, devs rich.
New Fact

EOS is going to be completely centralized in the hands of people who own the most, 21 guys with the most I believe. They get all new coins generated and also they can vote for their own apps to get free coins. They own the network.
The github page clearly says:

"Draft EOS Token Sale Contract

DISCLAIMER: Everything contained in this repository is in draft form and subject to change at any time and provided for information purposes only. block.one does not guarantee the accuracy of the information contained in this repository and the information is provided “as is” with no representations or warranties, express or implied. This code is owned and copyrighted by block.one and cannot be used by anyone for any purpose other than testing on the Etheruem test network.

This repository contains the draft source code for the EOS Token Sale. It is being released so that it may be reviewed by the community and deployed and tested by all on the Ethereum test network.

No information regarding the final terms and timing or properties of the sale have been released at this time."

360 days is also a very, very long window to purchase.  I imagine the purchase history should be available for everyone to see thus can judge when it's a good time to get in?  Obviously why they are front loading the first 5 day window with 20%.

Everything can be changed, yet all the devs are supporting it this way. It's a gambling game for 360 days I will be coming out with more information on this project to expose it.

New Fact

Devs have no stake in the coin

They just want your funds(ETH), maybe Dan Larimer will drop this project like he did Steem/BitShares then go code for Ethereum with all that ETH. Invest in a coin where the developers have no economic incentive to get it successful? LOL! Rule #1 make sure devs have major economic incentive in whichever project you are investing in, they should make less money from funding and more from the value of their project going up to be legit. I'm just being quiet in their telegram writing down all the facts that are being discussed by the people.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
ICO = Scam.

Why are you supporting a scammy distribution model people ?
Activity: 258
Merit: 250
and you know,the EOS was made the BTS raise to the moon
I think it 's a big scam.
Activity: 547
Merit: 502
The github page clearly says:

"Draft EOS Token Sale Contract

DISCLAIMER: Everything contained in this repository is in draft form and subject to change at any time and provided for information purposes only. block.one does not guarantee the accuracy of the information contained in this repository and the information is provided “as is” with no representations or warranties, express or implied. This code is owned and copyrighted by block.one and cannot be used by anyone for any purpose other than testing on the Etheruem test network.

This repository contains the draft source code for the EOS Token Sale. It is being released so that it may be reviewed by the community and deployed and tested by all on the Ethereum test network.

No information regarding the final terms and timing or properties of the sale have been released at this time."

360 days is also a very, very long window to purchase.  I imagine the purchase history should be available for everyone to see thus can judge when it's a good time to get in?  Obviously why they are front loading the first 5 day window with 20%.
https://steemit.com/ethereum/@kyle.anderson/eos-the-ethereum-killer-with-an-erc-20-debut-what-is-up-with-this-strange-ico

I thought Bancor was bad but this makes Bancors' ICO look like heaven.

At the start of the sale, 20% of the total minted tokens (200,000,000 EOS) will become available during a 5 day window.

The remaining 800,000,000 EOS will then be split evenly into 360 one-day windows of 2,222,222.222222 EOS tokens each day.

Depending how much money is put in each day the people get coin accordingly.

So you basically have no idea how much coin you get in regards to how much money you put in.

**There is essentially a daily, uncapped ICO for the next 360 days to distribute the remaining 80% of the EOS tokens**

😂😂😂

Pages:
Jump to: