Pages:
Author

Topic: ERC20 gives birth to too many shitcoins - page 9. (Read 1362 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 111
July 02, 2019, 05:50:27 PM
That's why many scammers use the blockchain ethereum. Because they easily make new tokens to market and cheat many people and it will become shitcoins in the future. So in the future there will always be shitcoins created. And I can't deduce which blockchain is better between ethereum and tron.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 596
July 02, 2019, 05:41:48 PM
This is because ETH was the first to offer smart contracts (ERC-20/721 tokens) that were very affordable to write and understand the average programmer. If the TRON with its TRC-10/20 was the first, then a similar conclusion could be made with regard to it. Why blame the "mechanism" if people themselves use it incorrectly, or rather use it for their own benefit and do not think about something else.
I really liked your answer and wanted to merit it but unfortunately I'm out of merit right now.

I blame naive ICO investors for this reason because there was a time when ICO investors invested in almost any token they saw back in 2015-2017 and this helped scammers to take the opportunity. The thing is, scammers always look for the right time, right opportunity to f*ck naive peoples. However, I believe the ratio is much less now because investors became smart - they are using their brains.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 275
July 02, 2019, 05:21:16 PM
If we start counting all useless tokens in crypto space you will notice that most of this useless tokens are running on erc20 block chain ,many good altcoins ive came across have separate owned block chain and they are plain better, I guess the reason we have too many shit altcoins in crypto space is because of the flexibility of erc20 ,making it easy for unprofessionals to build there useless tokens.

We have some good altcoins that are running on erc20 but you will see then moving to their own block chain later on or it will be included in  their roadmap about the future swap.

The reason why I like tron block chain is the ability to get rid of fake tokens running on tron blockchain if ethereum can do this it will help a lot.

My answer is too many shitcoins are based on erc20.

This is because ETH was the first to offer smart contracts (ERC-20/721 tokens) that were very affordable to write and understand the average programmer. If the TRON with its TRC-10/20 was the first, then a similar conclusion could be made with regard to it. Why blame the "mechanism" if people themselves use it incorrectly, or rather use it for their own benefit and do not think about something else.

You have a point on this. They created the erc20 to benefit the crypto community but it was abused and still many projects are abusing this system. Any platform can be abused by scammers. As long as they can see a loophole that they can get around it, they will abuse it no matter which platform it is.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 270
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
July 02, 2019, 03:45:27 PM
If we start counting all useless tokens in crypto space you will notice that most of this useless tokens are running on erc20 block chain ,many good altcoins ive came across have separate owned block chain and they are plain better, I guess the reason we have too many shit altcoins in crypto space is because of the flexibility of erc20 ,making it easy for unprofessionals to build there useless tokens.

We have some good altcoins that are running on erc20 but you will see then moving to their own block chain later on or it will be included in  their roadmap about the future swap.

The reason why I like tron block chain is the ability to get rid of fake tokens running on tron blockchain if ethereum can do this it will help a lot.

Activity: 560
Merit: 28
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
July 02, 2019, 03:29:38 PM

Pages:
Jump to: