Pages:
Author

Topic: ERC20 vs waves - page 7. (Read 3157 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0
November 10, 2017, 04:17:05 AM
I'd prefer ERC20 based wallet.  I also have waves but until now, i can't get use to it.  Let's say ERC20 has a friendly user interface rather than waves. Not to mention, many company recommend ERC20.
Activity: 626
Merit: 500
November 10, 2017, 03:42:18 AM
Hello,

I am creating a coin/ token and wondered, is there a downside to using waves to create it? Its only slightly easier to create vs an Ethereum based. We picked waves due to their DEX API, what does this community think?

If you take notice on the current tokens created during ICOs, lots of them are  choosing ethereum based. Lots of exchange for this one and wallets to. There are good reasons why most ICOs prefer erc20 rather than pos/pow or waves.
Since eth value were much stable than other alts, developers tend to trust it more to secure that it will not affect the volatility of value too much,especially if ico will run for long, in more than a months or so on ,and it will be hard to predict the value of waves unlike eth that didn't move too much to increase or decrease.
Activity: 40
November 10, 2017, 03:15:36 AM
this does not seem to matter the most important of the coin / tokens it is how we keep it so it still applies in the market that we have listed.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
November 10, 2017, 02:57:39 AM
waves token have no real value in sight of users.

only now, see for the some future...
Activity: 276
Merit: 100
BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor
November 10, 2017, 02:44:25 AM
Hello,

I am creating a coin/ token and wondered, is there a downside to using waves to create it? Its only slightly easier to create vs an Ethereum based. We picked waves due to their DEX API, what does this community think?

If you take notice on the current tokens created during ICOs, lots of them are  choosing ethereum based. Lots of exchange for this one and wallets to. There are good reasons why most ICOs prefer erc20 rather than pos/pow or waves.
Activity: 252
Merit: 101
November 10, 2017, 02:41:01 AM
waves token have no real value in sight of users.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
November 10, 2017, 02:29:33 AM
Waves has more potential then ERC20.
They have NG and they are going to release smart contracts soon. Then don't forget new dex which is really looking nice.
Activity: 196
November 10, 2017, 02:22:02 AM
Both technologies are stable and strong, each with its own specifics. And each will have its own niche in the future, where it will develop as a leader. The etherium has great odds and resources, but Waves has made its way
They largely serve the same niche, except that Waves serves the decentralized exchanges market on top of that. If Waves can provide a more efficient platform and a decentralized exchange, it could easily surpass Ethereum.

Now somehow the whole crypt in one niche, I was talking about a trend that is already visible, the ether and Waves go their own way in the future
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
November 09, 2017, 08:05:28 PM
The Forbes article makes me want to continue to develop with waves. I know ERC20 is popular now. Man I am torn. I pulled my developer off waves and moved to ERC20 about 2 weeks ago, but now I am having second thoughts.

I would go with Waves for so many reasons.

But honestly, I doubt you can do anything wrong with either as long as your project is good.
Activity: 29
November 09, 2017, 06:03:08 PM
The Forbes article makes me want to continue to develop with waves. I know ERC20 is popular now. Man I am torn. I pulled my developer off waves and moved to ERC20 about 2 weeks ago, but now I am having second thoughts.
Activity: 448
November 09, 2017, 05:46:43 PM
Hello,

ERC20 is more popular method.Every investor like this method.So It's better then waves.Because I think many trader do not know about waves platform method still now.But Easily to use ERC20 platform method.
Activity: 126
November 09, 2017, 05:44:56 PM
I've always been confused about Waves platform, so I'll go for ERC since its really user friendly and has more features, plus its way beyond recogniseable amongst the community.
Activity: 962
Merit: 269
CryptoDirectories.com
November 09, 2017, 05:33:58 PM
Hello,

ERC20 is supported almost all the exchange waves is still not popular like ERC20
maybe it will become popular in the future but as of now it will be hard just to add it in some exchange
Activity: 364
“Create Your Decentralized Life”
November 09, 2017, 05:05:59 PM
Hello,

Only ERC-20. For one simple reason - because the ERC-20 are much easier to add to the  exchange.
Activity: 44
November 09, 2017, 05:03:49 PM
I think Waves will gain popularity and influence in near future. So my vote is for Waves.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
November 09, 2017, 04:47:25 PM
I vote for ERC20, I trust Ethereum,  I think it is proven to be very stable!
Also most developers prefer it, I don't think for no reason.
The reason is simply that it came much earlier. As time passes that reason will no longer be a relevant factor.
Activity: 157
November 09, 2017, 03:47:33 PM
I vote for ERC20, I trust Ethereum,  I think it is proven to be very stable!
Also most developers prefer it, I don't think for no reason.
Activity: 38
November 09, 2017, 03:44:38 PM
new dex coming this month ! DONT FORGET TO INVEST

gonna surprise all of us when we see them in TOP Smiley

FORBES WRITING ABOUT WAVES: https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2017/11/08/waves-set-to-become-fastest-decentralized-blockchain-platform-globally/#41e089ac38b6     NG waves

https://twitter.com/wavesplatform?lang=en

check test https://waves-ng.wavesplatform.com/#stress-test

Waves Decentralised Exchange 2.0 (DEX) Beta is going live. - November 20th.

2018- Multi signature and smart contracts too..,
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002
November 09, 2017, 03:35:39 PM
Hello,

from my experience Waves have terrible exchange system and this is bad. On ETH you pnD any token and it works while  Waves is bugging itself.
I don't know if waves will have so bright future like ETH.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 259
November 09, 2017, 03:30:46 PM
Better go for an ERC20 coin. You will get a lot of support here specially when it is an airdrop.  Grin Just kidding.
Since I started here in the altcoin section I find it much used is the Ethereum based tokens. I dont see much under the Waves development. Maybe it is also because of the popularity. Waves is still young and got a lot of room to grow for now.
Pages:
Jump to: