Pages:
Author

Topic: ERROR - PLEASE HELP ME! - page 2. (Read 6009 times)

LZ
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1072
P2P Cryptocurrency
October 21, 2010, 11:10:20 PM
I can't reproduce it. I think he should get the block chain in a different way.

This is a link to the block chain up to the block 74000: download.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
October 21, 2010, 06:06:38 PM
Dhaw sent me some of his debug.log files. Symptoms I saw:
- In most of the files his block count remains "stuck" at 1698.
- In one file he received blocks up to 2933, but it went back to 1698 after he restarted Bitcoin.
- Any blocks he receives after 1698 he probably considers invalid. I haven't seen the actual block rejection (it keeps getting removed by the auto-trim), but his debug.log is full of "block xxx have" messages for blocks that he clearly doesn't recognize as valid.
- He is connected to real peers. He connected successfully to IRC, and he was able to connect to me with -addnode. I verified at my end that he is successfully sending getblocks messages.

I'm almost sure that Dhaw is not a scammer, and is a victim of some bug. My guess is that every time he restarts Bitcoin, his block database is corrupted.

He speaks 'Portuguese (Brazilian)'. A translator would be helpful.

I can translate. Just post or PM and I'll have it in English for all.

Thanks for the help. In what can help me, everything will be easier.
October 21, 2010, 06:05:24 PM
I wanted a providence. A few months bitcoin'm using the same open 24 hours a day, and right now I want to sell BTC, I have this problem. I beg you to solve my problem. I thank Theymos, tried to help me for some time. But please, solve my problem, I have no intention of stealing, just want to sell my coins, which have long'm joining. I can not lose 13,000 BTC, took a long time to stop generating.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
October 21, 2010, 06:03:02 PM
- In one file he received blocks up to 2933, but it went back to 1698 after he restarted Bitcoin.
- Any blocks he receives after 1698 he probably considers invalid. I haven't seen the actual block rejection (it keeps getting removed by the auto-trim), but his debug.log is full of "block xxx have" messages for blocks that he clearly doesn't recognize as valid.
- He is connected to real peers. He connected successfully to IRC, and he was able to connect to me with -addnode. I verified at my end that he is successfully sending getblocks messages.

I'm almost sure that Dhaw is not a scammer, and is a victim of some bug. My guess is that every time he restarts Bitcoin, his block database is corrupted.

I can translate. Just post or PM and I'll have it in English for all.
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
October 21, 2010, 06:00:26 PM
- In one file he accepted blocks beyond that, but it went back to 1698 after he restarted Bitcoin.

October 21, 2010, 04:52:09 PM
My Bitcoin have this ERROR:

"Warning: displayed transactions may not be correct! you may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade"

My bitcoin is in error. I had about 13,000 BTC. I tried to transfer these coins to another computer. But I find the following error. Did not transfer the blocks that are being generated are invalid. What to do?
Pages:
Jump to: