Pages:
Author

Topic: Escrow and how to trust them - page 2. (Read 358 times)

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
September 23, 2019, 04:41:29 AM
OP while you are banging you head against the wall, if you are in need of an escrow then feel free to go with any of the provider from this list:
Few Trusted Escrow Provider

All of these users are proven to provide their service and some of them even holding 500BTC for the forum such as DarkStar_  and OgNasty.

Good luck
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 5123
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
September 23, 2019, 04:09:45 AM
+1 for LoyceV's comment...

I just wanted to add that even dealing with an account with massive positive trust and a long line of escrow experience doesn't protect you 100%... I clearly remember the master-p fiasco... Luckily i was one of the members that did use him in the past, but didn't have any active trades using his services at the time he went full scam.

If you want extra security, you can always use multiple trusted escrows using a multi signature wallet (but even then, no 100% guarantee). But if you use, for example, 4 highly trusted escrows that are not connected, and create a 4 out of 6 multi sig wallet (one key generated by each escrow, one for the buyer and one for the seller), the odds of being scammed become really, really, really small

Using an escrow just boils down to having more trust in a well-known, positive trusted, long time member than in a newbie offering a potential-scam deal... Sure, the newbie *can* be legit and the well-known, postitive trusted, long time member *can* be pulling a long con, but the odds of the situation being exactly the oposite are far greater. A well-known, positive trusted, long time member also has something to lose: he/she usually invested years into his account, building up his trust... Usually he/she won't throw away all this work to steal a couple hundred bucks worth of BTC...
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
September 23, 2019, 04:03:35 AM
First: this is the wrong board.

The forum doesn't approve or disapprove escrows, the community does. You can only base your trust on their past actions, so check their feedback (including "untrusted" feedback) and make your own judgement whether or not you trust someone.
I would advise not to use someone without escrow experience as an escrow.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
September 23, 2019, 03:59:31 AM
Hey i understand the meaning of escrow and how do they work. But how do you know to trust them? Are they approved by the forum or anyone else?
Pages:
Jump to: