Pages:
Author

Topic: Escrow services - page 2. (Read 1903 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
September 09, 2014, 02:06:04 PM
I would think a trusted member of this site or even a MOD could help with escrow... Right?

Trusted escrows are available here

Read this post and others : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/list-bitcointalks-escrow-providers-ranking-blacklist-avoid-scam-276897
Activity: 369
Merit: 250
September 09, 2014, 01:59:23 PM
I would think a trusted member of this site or even a MOD could help with escrow... Right?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
September 09, 2014, 10:47:43 AM
newbie, please you guys should please on this escrow for more knowledge and the services at large thumb up for guys all 
Activity: 315
September 09, 2014, 09:41:50 AM
John K was probably once considered the safest and most popular escrow choice but he did go awol for undisclosed reasons. Now it seems to be escrow.ms but he's even busy these days. DannyHamilton and Tomatocage also seem to be very popular but always do your own research before using any escrows.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
September 09, 2014, 09:37:08 AM
I'm generally willing to use any of the top 5 providers on this list that are available at the time of the transaction:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/list-bitcointalks-escrow-providers-ranking-blacklist-avoid-scam-276897

I wouldn't go around recommending John K these days. He hasn't even posted since April and I'm pretty sure he isnt even offerng escrows anymore.

I agree that he is difficult to contact at the moment, and that he may choose not to handle escrow when requested.

Regardless, if you are able to contact him and if he is willing to handle the escrow, I still trust him and believe he'll handle it honestly and fairly.
Activity: 274
September 09, 2014, 09:26:44 AM
I'm generally willing to use any of the top 5 providers on this list that are available at the time of the transaction:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/list-bitcointalks-escrow-providers-ranking-blacklist-avoid-scam-276897

I wouldn't go around recommending John K these days. He hasn't even posted since April and I'm pretty sure he isnt even offerng escrows anymore.
legendary
September 08, 2014, 06:53:07 PM
DannyHamilton - can I ask how it is that you're able to offer a free escrow service?

I provide escrow free of charge as a community service for members.  If the volume or complexity of escrow requests becomes overwhelming, I may require a fee in the future. I am assuming the risk of holding the escrowed Bitcoins, and I am using my own time to facilitate this transaction. As such, if it does not represent a burden to do so, please consider sending a bitcoin gratuity after the satisfactory resolution of your transaction.

Offering escrow costs me nothing but time and effort. I get a sense of satisfaction for providing the community with a safe and reliable way to engage in bitcoin transactions, and so far that sense of satisfaction is worth the time and effort.

In the beginning I wasn't "offering" escrow.  Instead, I was being "requested". There were people who felt that I was trustworthy and reliable and they contacted me asking if I would help facilitate a transaction for them.  I didn't mind helping out, and so I agreed to act as a "middle-man" for those transactions.

After a few such transactions, someone suggested that I should let others know that I was willing to offer the service.  It sounded like a good way to give back to the community where I had learned so much. Eventually I created the "announcement" thread and added the link to my forum signature.

So far, it hasn't been overly burdensome. Some people who have used my service have sent me a gratuity after the completion of the transaction, and I am very appreciative of that compensation.

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
September 08, 2014, 06:43:30 PM
Check his trust :-)

he will 100% not scam you
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
September 08, 2014, 06:40:29 PM
Thanks for that list.

I've heard of John K - the others are new to me.

Apparently I have a ton of research to do.

DannyHamilton - can I ask how it is that you're able to offer a free escrow service?
legendary
September 08, 2014, 06:37:26 PM
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
September 08, 2014, 06:29:47 PM
So, I was planning on making a purchase via an escrow service (probably BTCrow).

Is there anything that I need be particularly wary of?

Are there any other escrow services that people here can recommend?

Thanks in advance.
Pages:
Jump to: