Pages:
Author

Topic: ESL ONE Malaysia 2022 Discussions, Predictions and Betting - page 2. (Read 216 times)

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1069
Another update is that Miracle isn't going to play because of health issues and Team Nigma Galaxy still hasn't released on who's going to be their carry stand-in.

In Liquipedia, their line up is made up of Dreamocel, Sumail, Mind_Control, GH and Kuroky. I do not know if this is official. I have been searching but failed to find an announcement to confirm if Dreamocel is the official stand-in. It is just 7 hours before the tournament starts.

Here are the upcoming matches for today. I just noticed that there are back-to-back matches. It seems to be a rough group stage to do back-to-back. A test for the resiliency of the teams.

Activity: 3038
Merit: 634
Another update is that Miracle isn't going to play because of health issues and Team Nigma Galaxy still hasn't released on who's going to be their carry stand-in.

I have two teams in my eyes and that's going to be Boom Esports which recently won the Gamers Galaxy Thailand as the champion. And as well as OG.

Before placing any bets on who wins the tournament I would wait for the first few games to see who performance better.
Yup, it will be a long group stage but these times will also be a good time to bet. Maybe after a day or the opening day of this tournament would be the best time or by the playoffs to bet.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516

In my opinion, OG is a heavy favorite in this tournament. They have performed very well in the last tournaments they have competed in.  

I agree with you, OG looked really strong in the last few tournaments. Getting 4th place in the Arlington Major was a good performance, and their loss for 3rd place against Team Aster was very close. The final might between the two teams again in Malaysia and at the moment it feels like a coin toss. Before placing any bets on who wins the tournament I would wait for the first few games to see who performance better. As for Team Secret I am not so convinced if they will pull through, I am rather rooting for Nigma Galaxy.  Looking at the groups I think that OG will be first in Group B and Nigma Galaxy second, in Group A it will be Team Aster first and Team Secret second.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1069
ESL ONE MALAYSIA 2022 is the last stop of DOTA event before the big event, The International 2022 in October. 12 teams will duke it out for the lion's share of the prize pool amounting to $400,000 USD.

Format

• Participants
    • Twelve teams
    • Seven invited teams
    • One team each from Europe/CIS, China, Southeast Asia, North America and South America
  • Group StageAugust 23rd - August 25th, 2022
    • Two groups of six teams
    • Single round-robin, all matches are Bo2
    • Top two teams from each group advance to the upper bracket of the playoffs
    • 3rd and 4th place teams from each group advance to the lower bracket of the playoffs
    • Remaining teams are eliminated
  • Playoffs August 26th - August 28th, 2022
    • Double-elimination bracket
    • Grand Final is Bo5, all other matches are Bo3

Participants

1 Due to a last-minute cancellation, the last invited team will be the second place of the Southeast Asia qualifier.[10]
2 Aramis is unable to attend due to visa issues, dEsire will stand in.[11]
3 Chuvash stand-in for Misha.

Group Stage

Matches

Source : liquipedia

In my opinion, OG is a heavy favorite in this tournament. They have performed very well in the last tournaments they have competed in.  

I also like to see how Reso is blending in with his new team, Team Secret. They have outrageous plays when he stand-in on Riyadh Masters. I want to see if they continue to perform well. This is a good opportunity for them to refine their strategies before TI 11 qualifiers.

What team do you think will win it all?
Pages:
Jump to: