Pages:
Author

Topic: Etf decision - page 2. (Read 359 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
September 20, 2018, 07:01:46 PM
LOL, right after I said we won't hear anything this week, the SEC issued the statement.

Is it just me, or did the market pump a couple hundred bucks when the ETF postponement news dropped? Sure doesn't seem like the market cares about the ETF anymore! Smiley

So I'm hearing we're waiting 180 days now? That's the word in my trading chat anyway. The Coindesk article doesn't say.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
September 20, 2018, 06:51:53 PM
looks like the news came early. the decision is postponed: https://www.sec.gov/rules/sro/cboebzx/2018/34-84231.pdf

they're asking for more written comments from interested persons. i'm reading that the next deadline will be set once the order has been published in the federal register---not sure when that happens. potentially, it can be delayed until february 2019.
STT
legendary
Activity: 4046
Merit: 1447
Catalog Websites
September 20, 2018, 06:17:34 PM
ETF doesnt exactly matter as news when theres so many different applications and spread out over so much time.   I would assume we dont get an approval for one particular variation and likely the market is also not counting much in the price either.

The schedule of etf applicaitons runs upto Feb 2019 as far as I know and thats when the last possible refusal for the most likely ETF based on futures will take place.   Somebody said they will always refuse until that last appeal decision in order to process as much detail over time.  So I would go with that, however a regular buy of BTC while accepting that could be a strategy used also.  Its possible we are wrong at some point and upside reaction occurs
Activity: 1134
Merit: 502
September 20, 2018, 05:58:31 PM
The commission is supposed to decide on the matter on September 30th, so I doubt we'll hear anything this week. I think they'll reject it. Or maybe they can just keep postponing it. I'm not really sure how that works.
There are several ETF's this month, you are talking about the most awaited one, on 30th of September (SolidX). They can either deny (unlikely) or postpone it for the last time - they will have to come up with the final decision till 27th of February, 2019. In my opinion all the other ETF's in September are not worth mentioning.  

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
September 20, 2018, 05:50:59 PM
Any ideas the time of the sec decision on etf approval for direxion tomorrow ? Approval or rejection ?
I'm on the side of rejection

The commission is supposed to decide on the matter on September 30th, so I doubt we'll hear anything this week. I think they'll reject it. Or maybe they can just keep postponing it. I'm not really sure how that works.

So I'm planning on bad news dropping at the end of the month. But I'm also not sure how much the market will care. A rejection has got to be priced in way more by now vs. with the Winklevoss and futures-based applications.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
September 20, 2018, 05:49:22 PM
Gentleman,

Any ideas the time of the sec decision on etf approval for direxion tomorrow ? Approval or rejection ?

Lmao, are you expecting that they are going to be approved?

Its likely to be rejected anyways, The main reason is that the market is really prone to manipulation and that is the first indication that SEC is looking for. So I doubt that ETF's will be approve anyways. Everyone is really waiting for the Van Eck/Solid X Bitcoin ETF proposal, others say it will make or break this market. On the positive note, if SEC decided to approved then institutional money will flow, big influx of money coming in, but a rejection will put a big dent on the price again. So lets see. But with or without ETF though, bitcoin market will exist in the next decade or so.
Activity: 434
Merit: 246
September 20, 2018, 05:05:26 PM
Are they voting again? Good for them.

Honestly, I don't really care about their decision. IMO, they will have to approve it at one point, if not now than some time in the future. How many times have they postponed their decision already? Like they want to tell us that they matter. But they are not important when it comes to Bitcoin. Luckily, the functioning of Bitcoin is in no way reliant on their decision.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
September 20, 2018, 04:39:29 PM
Gentleman,

Pages:
Jump to: