Pages:
Author

Topic: ETF Rejected - page 2. (Read 6938 times)

Activity: 2324
Merit: 454
March 12, 2017, 07:48:47 AM
I did not really expect the approval either. We will certainly see a fat dump now. The coverage in the media will also be huge, which should intensify the dump. After that, it is worthwhile to get back into it.

Just do not look at Bitcoin price chart for the next seven days.  Wink

Same here, though I am just trying to be positive on this that is why I thought that they are going to approved it, looks like we are wrong, and the DUMP has already started yesterday. Bitcoins price is fluctuating lower and will fluctuate higher and then lower again. I am sure that its price would be stable at $1100 and will take its time until it goes up again.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 529
March 12, 2017, 06:37:49 AM
Such a bad news . Now the prices will fall and now more people might be selling their bitcoins.
And when the prices fall down , which is going to happen soon , more and more people will buy bitcoins.
So now let's wait for the prices to fall and after certain months it will rise again.
It's already fall and start last day when it's already announced that ETF denied .but it's now back and continued to rise again .
It's was hardly any dump, I was expecting BTC to drop in the 900 range but it didn't even go below 1100. People really didn't care about ETF.
Activity: 1299
Merit: 502
March 11, 2017, 03:49:17 PM
ETFs are obsolete. Buy your own bitcoins, don't talk to a banker about how you're going to buy your bitcoins through him. Pay them their commission and regulatory fees etc. Screw all of that, why wouldn't I just put everything into a paper wallet and store it in a safe (or maybe even a very useful sated deposit box in a bank Wink).

I agree totally
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008
March 11, 2017, 02:10:41 PM
With this bitcoin ETF got rejected, it's just show how bitcoin price was succesfully maintained it's stability at around $1,000. Good thing this rejection happend resulting to a price crash because we are all waiting for the correction price. Current price rate is still not the correction price but I can considered it now because of the behaviour of the movement that was presently be seen.

No more FUD or big news that can bring the bitcoin price. Journey to the moon is not easy to take down again. For those other traders, try to risk some money at the current price rate because we might see the new bottom at the phase of 4 digits.

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
March 11, 2017, 02:10:27 PM
ETFs are obsolete. Buy your own bitcoins, don't talk to a banker about how you're going to buy your bitcoins through him. Pay them their commission and regulatory fees etc. Screw all of that, why wouldn't I just put everything into a paper wallet and store it in a safe (or maybe even a very useful sated deposit box in a bank Wink).
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
March 11, 2017, 02:06:44 PM
I thought it will be approved by SEC but im wrong. Now that the ETF was not approved by SEC. I see small dump. I dont see that the rejection on ETF is massive. We fall only $100 and thats not really huge. Thats how strong bitcoin is. People cannot be fooled easily. They're getting matured now.
There's going to be more bitcoin etf(s), so what if the first one was disapproved. the next one might be approved, march 30th is when we'll know the fate of second etf.
do we even need etf? bitcoin price will rise without etf(s). Roll Eyes
Activity: 1764
Merit: 584
March 11, 2017, 01:48:09 PM
I don't have much money but I have some saved that I'd use to buy should a dump really happen. Heck, if it even go really down, I might even consider borrowing money. Though I probably don't see a huge crash coming. The prospect of it failing didn't seem to really cause much of a big drop so it seem people are more confident of bitcoin now. Still, there will be some price decrease from dumpers fleeing at the first sign of a fall. Let's just all enjoy the ride.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 500
March 11, 2017, 08:55:56 AM
I thought it will be approved by SEC but im wrong. Now that the ETF was not approved by SEC. I see small dump. I dont see that the rejection on ETF is massive. We fall only $100 and thats not really huge. Thats how strong bitcoin is. People cannot be fooled easily. They're getting matured now.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
March 11, 2017, 08:51:16 AM
Such a bad news . Now the prices will fall and now more people might be selling their bitcoins.
And when the prices fall down , which is going to happen soon , more and more people will buy bitcoins.
So now let's wait for the prices to fall and after certain months it will rise again.

Would it be nice to have an ETF? Sure, but the disapproval isn't bad news at all. Bitcoin will continue to grow regardless of whatever ETF. It has done so previously, and will continue to do so as the increasing demand is the most important aspect. It got hyped up, which is basically is a normal thing when something is about to happen. Bitter pill has been swallowed, and now we can move further. It was an over-exaggerated dump.
Activity: 743
Merit: 500
March 11, 2017, 08:46:17 AM
It's already fall and start last day when it's already announced that ETF denied .but it's now back and continued to rise again .
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
March 11, 2017, 08:45:10 AM
Doesn't allowing this ETF bring the typical heavily leveraged margin accounts to manipulate the price of BTC? Thus the price of BTC would be forced into potential wild swings higher or lower. Especially if attempts are made to manipulate price movements for option plays that would inevitably follow an ETF.

Unless this is a unique ETF that only allowed one to one ratios without margin? I saw a bitcoin ETF as a potentially nice boost to the price of bitcoin that would easily be followed by manipulated shorts just like what happens with silver (and gold but not as heavily so).

AKA sell ITM calls, buy huge volumes OTM puts, short the ETF like crazy with market orders signalling algorithm trading shorts, buy back calls/sell puts for profit, cover your shorts at a loss, BTC long at a reduced pricing from your manipulation pushing others to short beyond your shorts, watch it rise, sell your BTC at higher profits.

Repeat. Typical ETF manipulation. Plus ETF algorithms are going to be playing the game.

Why would the bitcoin community actually want this mainstreaming to bitcoin which inevitably leads to manipulation?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
March 11, 2017, 08:37:22 AM

why would it fall? There is no reason for it to. It fell a little after decision but is back up.
Activity: 546
Merit: 255
March 11, 2017, 08:31:17 AM
Activity: 714
Merit: 501
March 11, 2017, 05:39:07 AM
i say good riddance, if ETF was approved we would have seen a big rise and price may have even entered a bubble and we all know bubbles pop and we would have seen a long period of downtime when price goes down and stays down.

at least now we saw the dump and now we can get back to slow rise as always and that is the only way price rises and stays up.
we can easily expect $1900 by the end of year.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Building Wealth through AI and the power of the bl
March 11, 2017, 05:37:19 AM
The price yesterday at this time was exactly at $1180 levels. 24 hours seems to have made no difference to the price.
The ETF rejection seems to have been shrugged off by the markets.  Smiley

Well, we haven't yet seen any big crashes in the price of bitcoin. But we need to see how long bitcoin can hold on to the current price levels. It would be nice if it can find support and stay well above $1000 level in the coming weeks.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
March 11, 2017, 05:31:43 AM
The price yesterday at this time was exactly at $1180 levels. 24 hours seems to have made no difference to the price.
The ETF rejection seems to have been shrugged off by the markets.  Smiley
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
March 11, 2017, 05:27:44 AM
Even after 5+ hours, the price is still $1,180+ so we can safely say that predictions were mere a hype and didn't affect the bitcoin on the price chart. I was expecting it to fall to the levels of $1,000 in the case of disapproval but there are no such signs. It seems that bears won't have any opportunity in this case at the moment to make profits.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit
March 11, 2017, 05:24:12 AM
Expected outcome so no dissapoinment here. The price was dropping but already climbing back to ~$1.180. Good thing that i already set the buy order and got some easy profit.
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
Veni, Vidi, Vici
March 11, 2017, 05:08:54 AM
Although, the most cryptocurrency news sites last days had estimated that the acceptance probability was tiny I had at least the hope that SEC would not decide and could find a good reason to delay again. I read that there are two other similar assets waiting their turn but I feel they will fail. The worst point of all this process are the reasons SEC put forward to reject the ETF. Surveillance agreements with significant markets and regulation. SEC knows that both of them will not be satisfied so an ETF will not ever reach the approval in the future.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
March 11, 2017, 04:45:50 AM
I knew it would be rejected. It seems to price sank a bit, but still resists as for now. Let's hope it does not go too deep or we might disturb the good equilibria we built lately.

the equilibrium must be disturbed so that we can move on forward. if it remains the same stable price and fixed, then there will never be any rises. many are trading bitcoin and working with this exact fluctuations to make money.
in the long term, there is a perfect trend which you can also call equilibrium. and don't forget that supply and demand is constantly changing (in case of bitcoin the demand is rising) so the prices change.
Pages:
Jump to: