Pages:
Author

Topic: ETH 1660ti Mobile version 6GB vram getting bad hashrate - page 2. (Read 361 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 28
Is your windows OS up to date? No other updates going on in the background? Also try increasing page file too, might actually help out, I will like to warn you though, do not mine on that laptop for 24/7, you will burn some things inside due to massive heat, laptop isn't a good choice for Mining that's why people don't mine on them
Activity: 155
Merit: 14
On a desktop GPU you would use MSI Afterburner and set TDP to 65% and Memory to +800 maybe +1000.
This would reduce the power usage and increase the hashrate about 4-5 MH/s.
Activity: 210
Merit: 14
Mobile GPUs (in laptops ) are always weaker than real graphic cards mate, you can do a comparison between a mobile gtx1660ti vs the real gtx1660ti, you will see that the standalone gtx1660ti is more powerful, also I don't recommend mining with your laptop, a laptop that can have a gtx1660ti is costly I believe
It's roughly same spec with the laptop, I've just checked using Google right now, they are both using Gddr6 memory and the clock speed are near identical, it should hash more than 15mhs, something is wrong, but all the same you will kill your laptop if you use it for mining
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
Mobile GPUs (in laptops ) are always weaker than real graphic cards mate, you can do a comparison between a mobile gtx1660ti vs the real gtx1660ti, you will see that the standalone gtx1660ti is more powerful, also I don't recommend mining with your laptop, a laptop that can have a gtx1660ti is costly I believe
Activity: 2492
Merit: 761
How you overclock it? What OS do you use? If it windows - do you use MSI afterburner? Try to google some information by yourself, it`s really easy question without any information from you.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Am I missing something here? I know the dag file increased which makes 4gb cards useless but my laptop gpu has 5991MB of vram and I'm still only able to hash around 15.5 Mh/s this card is suppose to reach 28-30 Mh/s. Does nvidia require a bios update like AMD that I am not aware of?

According to whattomine and some other site this card should be around 28-30 Mh/s.

I can't find any info on this card about anyone having bad hashrates so I'm not sure what to do at this point. I have been mining CFX Octopus since it's getting good hash rates but i'd much rather be mining ether!

I'm hashing CFX Octopus at 27 Mh/s! I know it's a different algorithm but still. I'm confused.

GPU-Z Screenshot
http://i.epvpimg.com/dThgbab.png
Pages:
Jump to: