Pages:
Author

Topic: ETH dead as ICO cools down - page 2. (Read 495 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 262
March 25, 2018, 11:04:24 PM
As ICO cools down and a lot of projects are even dumping at lower prices than ICO, is there any hope for ETH prices to shoot again? Also there are some news that ICO projects are cashing out the large amount of ETH recently which even give ETH a more harder hit than other coins.
I think the price of Ethereum increases when there are more ICO projects in the scene as many people then buy ethereum for buying their tokens from the projects which are providing their sale with ethereum coin.

And as now we are seeing that the time of ICO projects has been started and many people are now ready to invest their money in it then once again the price of ethereum will increase. With that it is also a chance that the price of bitcoin will also increase because of the trust in crypto.

In same scenario you have point since most ico project are ethereum based which reflect to ethereum cases, We cannot say that ethereum are dead since the market situation are really crusial and most altcoin are in red blooded zone. Sooner or later ethereum will pump up to the moon again this sitiation is not permanent every altcoin are suffer on what happen to bitcoin (low market volume, and decrease of confidence)
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
March 25, 2018, 11:03:35 PM

The price of ETH affects the ICO. not ICO affect ETH. The price of ETH is down because of the downside of Bitcoin
Activity: 117
Merit: 1
March 25, 2018, 11:02:10 PM
As ICO cools down and a lot of projects are even dumping at lower prices than ICO, is there any hope for ETH prices to shoot again? Also there are some news that ICO projects are cashing out the large amount of ETH recently which even give ETH a more harder hit than other coins.

I think ETH's price go down in recent times is on a down trend with Bitcoin. Beside, some bad ICO after taking ETH of investors, they sold big amount of ETH on market. This thing also make its price go down
Yes, as they hold a lot of ETH in hands which definitely make them whales who can really have strong influence over the market if they choose to cash out at some point! Let's just hope that they won't be a big sell for other ICO projects.
Activity: 113
March 25, 2018, 11:00:17 PM
I still strong believe in ETH, many ICOs still developing. Sooner or later ETH will comeback.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
March 25, 2018, 10:55:19 PM
ETH price is related to BTC price. When BTC show stable grow-up trend you will see ETH is going up as well.

I notice that one too seems like bitcoin and ETH is like a twin if you see bitcoin going up rapidly you can see ETH also going up rapidly but if you see bitcoin is going down ETH also going down just like today. Bitcoin price is stable now and you can see eth price also stable now.
March 25, 2018, 10:49:01 PM
ETH price is related to BTC price. When BTC show stable grow-up trend you will see ETH is going up as well.
There is no strict relation between eth and btc. Just look at the charts of bitcoin and ethereum prices since the beginning of 2018 and you will see how different their paths are. https://imgur.com/a/6vFmp
However, when bitcoin is going down, people start feeling unsure about the market in general and thus the price of ethereum goes down as well. And eth's price is also really affected by ico bans, because it is the basic platform for icos.
Yet I disagree with the op that eth is dead. It still has chances to recover, even though for now mining it is really unprofitable, taking into account the fact of eth fork that makes eth closer to not being mineable at all.
Yes, I am not saying that ETH is dead or something, just that it may not as that crazy as that in 2017 when almost all the ICO projects can give you a decent return rate! However, facing with strong regulations around the globe, the good projects may emerge which may drive ETH prices up again.
March 25, 2018, 10:43:16 PM
I think prices were pretty inflated towards the end of last year and we were due for a correction.  Once we see the effects of regulations and some price corrections, will begin to see a bull market come back.  Until then, this shakes out some weak hands and those with means pick up bargains.
Yes, regulation is good news for the market in the long term as it will rule out some scammers and give a more clean and sound environment for the blochchain technology! However, let's just hope that it is not that hard as what China did in 2017!
March 25, 2018, 10:37:14 PM
I think that the ICO does not have a great influence on the price of the Ethereum, they usually have effect, but it is not as significant as it seems. I think that the price may still fall slightly due to bitcoin instability. But I hope that soon everything will begin to grow
The market may not turn upwards that soon. Bitcoin has been trying to break 10K several times, but then failed due to weak hands and some regulation news. So hopefully the market may begin to move upward again in May or June. However, by now, ICO may still be the biggest price support for ETH.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 521
March 25, 2018, 06:35:23 PM
I think the price of Ethereum increases when there are more ICO projects in the scene as many people then buy ethereum for buying their tokens from the projects which are providing their sale with ethereum coin.

And as now we are seeing that the time of ICO projects has been started and many people are now ready to invest their money in it then once again the price of ethereum will increase. With that it is also a chance that the price of bitcoin will also increase because of the trust in crypto.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
March 25, 2018, 06:24:50 PM
I think you're too worried about ETH. This is one of the most popular coins, which are now very often in circulation, so you should not bury it. It is now quite necessary society, demand - strengthens the market)
Activity: 1904
Merit: 138
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 25, 2018, 12:46:18 PM
It seems to me that the price of eth depends not only on the demand for coins but also on the state of the ICO market. A lot of governments are waging an open war against ICO in any form. China's position is also irreconcilable. All this significantly weakens the cost of eth. I don't expect a large increase in the price of eth. This year the price of eth will be 0.06-0.08 btc.

China's position is irreconcilable? I doubt that. Chinese will alter its position and do "under the table" negotiations if given the chance. If you know what I meant by that. And if you know how Chinese minds work. But imo, eth is not dead. If you said that, then it is the same saying -bitcoin is dead.
Activity: 378
Merit: 13
March 25, 2018, 12:42:24 PM

seriously speaking i don't just know what is really going with and down fall of ether, we all think is coming up but with a rang of time it goes down again, the most painful thing is that the transaction are very weak.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
March 25, 2018, 12:39:16 PM
Not at all, is much better to have cheap ether. I think that holding for a month may be the greatest mean of good financial result at a given moment .

I think you will need to be holding it for a little longer than a month to be profitable.
Activity: 165
March 25, 2018, 02:47:18 AM
What you said will certainly happen, but not as serious as you say. As the market for ETH sold in the market will also pick up, the ICO boom will cool down, but ETH will not die.
https://www.bitc2.org/
March 25, 2018, 02:30:26 AM
I think it's someone's game! It seems to me ether can still fall a little, but in the end it still declares itself! we are waiting and I think soon there will be a jump up
Activity: 60
March 25, 2018, 02:14:22 AM
I think the ICO if it affects the price of ethereum is negligible, currently The market is in a fire, fluctuating because bitcoin prices down and dragging the altcoins down by. and right now I think we just wait for the Bitcoin recovery.
March 25, 2018, 01:45:02 AM
I thin k it is a scam and we can see the price to be high again in the near futur. I won't sell the coins that I have until the pric eis high enough.
Then we can just pray that the return rate of ICO returns to the levels of 2017. Actually it is the ICO frenzy thay push ETH prices up. Now as most of ICO failed investors badly, people may be more realistic and judgmental when investing!
March 25, 2018, 01:40:36 AM
It seems that ETH bleeds much more badly than others! However you are right that BTC prices will have an impact on others largely, but in such a bearish market, maybe the influence of bitcoin is also fading away a little bit!
Merit: 100
March 24, 2018, 08:52:59 AM
The possibilities of applying smart contracts to the whole ocean. Do not think that the ICO was their only application
Activity: 97
March 24, 2018, 08:26:11 AM
its due to the whole market cap going down.
Pages:
Jump to: