Pages:
Author

Topic: ETH + ETC price - page 3. (Read 2296 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
August 17, 2016, 12:13:02 PM
Maybe there can be a website displays the sum of ETH and ETC, to indicate more info about their sums.   Cheesy

I'm doing something very rough here, but if there is a website doing so already, I'd be interested, but I didn't find one quickly with google...

It can be a good business to set such site. Because you are no.1 do it, and eth+etc has the research value, speculation value and so on.
Activity: 770
Merit: 629
August 17, 2016, 08:31:50 AM
The price should not be the only one to check to see if there is interest. The hash power too must be checked regularly. I believe when true interest in ETC has taken place, the hash power will be the first one to go up in anticipation of the price going up. Miners will be there fighting for coins first before the traders realize that there is a gold rush on going.

To me, both are linked.  Normally, the hash rate should be given by the price, because a miner with given equipment will mine when it is profitable to do so which will drive up the hash rate until the margin taken is not worth it any more.

Of course, mining is a way to "buy coins with electricity", but I don't think the mining can influence much the price, because the volumes traded are much larger than the amount of coins mined in the same period. (this is the same argument of why from a purely offer and demand perspective, the bitcoin halving didn't have much effect on the price: the traded volumes are much higher than the 1800 coins less mined a day).

So if mining cannot influence much the price (small compared to daily volume), but the price will determine the hash rate, I think that the important variable is the price.  The hash rate is an almost direct consequence of it.  I don't see miners suddenly increase mining to get more coins at lower market price, if they can buy them cheaper on the market, than the electricity they spend on it btw.

August 17, 2016, 08:27:03 AM
Maybe there can be a website displays the sum of ETH and ETC, to indicate more info about their sums.   Cheesy

I'm doing something very rough here, but if there is a website doing so already, I'd be interested, but I didn't find one quickly with google...
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
August 17, 2016, 06:25:42 AM
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
August 17, 2016, 04:16:05 AM
The price should not be the only one to check to see if there is interest. The hash power too must be checked regularly. I believe when true interest in ETC has taken place, the hash power will be the first one to go up in anticipation of the price going up. Miners will be there fighting for coins first before the traders realize that there is a gold rush on going.
August 17, 2016, 03:09:19 AM
Today: ETH: $11.10, ETC: $1.84, ETH + ETC: $12.94
August 16, 2016, 09:00:37 AM
Let us, for the record, note the ETH + ETC price (in $) on regular intervals, to see a trend (I'm not aware of anything available like that).  Even if there is a swing between ETH and ETC, the sum should give an idea in the overall interest in ethereum in general.

Today: ETC 1.81 ; ETH 11.05, sum: 12.86
Pages:
Jump to: