Pages:
Author

Topic: ETH IS FLIPPENING WITH BTC - page 2. (Read 380 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
February 01, 2018, 07:40:22 PM
Ya I really think ETH has potential to take over BTC.
Activity: 294
February 01, 2018, 07:35:08 PM

It is called the flippening, not flippering. A few months ago people predicted the same, but shortly after the bitcoin price shoot up all the way to 20.000 usd. I am expecting the same to happen this time
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
February 01, 2018, 07:29:27 PM

I think you meant to say "flippening" and not "flippering" haha.

But it will be interesting to watch because ETH has certainly had a lot more usage than bitcoin over the past year. Although we owe this market's success to bitcoin, at some point we need to realize that there are other. dare I say, better alternatives.

Is a double effect, on one side Ethereum has been partnering with large actors and heavyweights of the innovation arena along with quite a few investment funds. On the other Bitcoin major players have been ignoring their community for a long time, squeezing every last satoshi of fees and providing a mediocre service at best. No way this is going to work.
Activity: 31
February 01, 2018, 06:43:51 PM
Maybe...could be...but i think not. Bitcoin had bigger fight with Bitcoin cash half a year ago and it didn't happen.
The main reason is because Ethereum didn't delivered yet. Ethereum planed upgrades for the summer.
Activity: 658
Merit: 108
February 01, 2018, 06:10:02 PM

It is only a matter of time when ETH takes dominance. Bitcoin became much more an asset to invest in than a currency to exchange. If a currency is effectively used for real transactions (see majority of ICO's happens in ETH), it creates stable demand. If a cryptocurrency is only viewed as an asset, which is the case of Bitcoin, it could be severely influenced by market sentiment and speculative price movements.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
February 01, 2018, 05:50:51 PM
Of course it is happening look at how bad BTC is getting punished worldwide with bans and concerns. If there was any time ETH was going to take over one would think it will happen in the coming weeks, BTC is bloody and down right now. Only question is will Ethereum snap up this opportunity?
And what makes you think the same it is not going to happen to ethereum once it surpasses bitcoin in your hypothetical scenario? Any coin that is in the top of the market cap is going to be heavily regulated, regulation is not only going to happen to bitcoin but to all cryptocurrencies as well, so to think otherwise is a huge mistake in my opinion.
Activity: 161
Merit: 10
February 01, 2018, 04:24:23 PM
I wouldn't mind a flippening. Eth has a lot more going for it, and seems way easier to defend on a lot of points to the public, such as energy consumption.
But big daddy bitcoin will probably go on another run as usual..
Activity: 252
Merit: 104
Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content
February 01, 2018, 04:20:16 PM
Of course it is happening look at how bad BTC is getting punished worldwide with bans and concerns. If there was any time ETH was going to take over one would think it will happen in the coming weeks, BTC is bloody and down right now. Only question is will Ethereum snap up this opportunity?
Activity: 378
Merit: 104
February 01, 2018, 04:00:18 PM

I think you meant to say "flippening" and not "flippering" haha.

But it will be interesting to watch because ETH has certainly had a lot more usage than bitcoin over the past year. Although we owe this market's success to bitcoin, at some point we need to realize that there are other. dare I say, better alternatives.
Activity: 67
February 01, 2018, 03:47:42 PM
Pages:
Jump to: