Pages:
Author

Topic: ETH switch to PoS will kill GPU mining but everybody seems pretty relaxed - page 4. (Read 2856 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 250
No one really mines ETH... There are way more profitable coins to mine. I dont see your correlation with GPU Mining Dying....
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Again theres nothing to see here if youre so confident wtf are you here posting anyway

As I said in my previous post, I'm here in hopes of someone overturning my arguments. I want to start mining but it has to be an informed decision.

And yes, I was mistaken when comparing hashrates. I admit it. Thanks for pointing out.

So, can anybody say how does ETH computational power compare to all the rest of the coins? It feels like most gpu miners mine ETH. How much would other coins hashrates increase on average if all ETH miners would join other coins?
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
A 5 post idiot , idk who you think you are fooling with the FUD weve seen it back in 2013 dogecoin, etc
people thought gpu mining was over yet another false alarm keep posting FUD all you will earn is an ignore

Again theres nothing to see here if youre so confident wtf are you here posting anyway

I wont try and dumb it down any further btw The measure of hashrate TH in Eth and Etc does not correspond to the hashrate of other alts like monero, zcash , btg and countless others its apples to fucking oranges

al least get your facts right genius

Etc has leas hashpower pointed to it that zcash for example by a large margin
be scared then an quit , gpu mining is going NOWHERE in fact its making an even bigger com3back next year
its harder to centralize than bitcoin , x11 and scrypt so it will only get bigger as new projects are developed when eth goes away.

I was hoping wise minds of this forum will overturn my arguments and prove me wrong and I could go on building my awesome rig. That hasn't happened yet. You are very emotional, almost religiously defending your optimism. Numbers speak other language tho. The argument "there will be always other coins to mine" doesnt cut it. Just compare network hashrates. ETH has 100 TH/s, next contender is ETC with 8 THs, rest are even not worth mentioning. After ETH goes PoS, all of those gpu-s that are part of this 100 TH/s are goint to look for "other coins to mine". It's ridiculous. There's not enough money in other coins to make this computing power profitable. How do I get this through to you people? Let's try a simpler analogy:

There are two cities next to each other.

City 1 has 100 car repair shops (miners) that cater 100,000 cars (hashrate need).
City 2 has 10 car repair shops that cater 10,000 cars.

Now, all of the sudden, all cars in the bigger city cease to exist (ETH stops needing miners). According to your logic the 100 car repair shops in bigger city will be fine, because there will always be cars that need repairing in the smaller town.
There is always something profitable to mine. BTG is a good contender to ETH mining if it takes off.
^
this

Im stacking up on btg while the diff is still relatively low, when eth goes, and more hash power comes prices will go up
its simple supply and demand, supply will dry up so less dumping more value econ 101
yeah these scared lemmings make me laugh, crypo and altcoins are still in infant stages, you remove eth and btc and we have only around 60 billion in market cap or less, thats pocket change, tons of coins are due for huge pumps in the next few years even if eth fails

Wow, people just keep posting irrelevant replies. Big market cap and bright future for altcoins, thats wonderful. But will it ease your pain when ETH miners migrate their HUGE hashpower to your precious infant coins and their difficulty goes up tenfold? The price increase will take years to compensate such difficulty hike. And until then you can use your rigs as cupholders.

Yours Sincirely,
Scared Lemming

be scared then an quit , gpu mining is going NOWHERE in fact its making an even bigger com3back next year
its harder to centralize than bitcoin , x11 and scrypt so it will only get bigger as new projects are developed when eth goes away.

my rigs are 100 percent paid off from the early eth pump and even new rigs pay for themselvs in six months , heck a year even im fine with, name any other investment that can fully capitalize itself so fast and still be only a year into a 4 year shelf life.

L3 D3 and S9s with be space heaters in four years while gpus will keep on keeping on
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
There is always something profitable to mine. BTG is a good contender to ETH mining if it takes off.
Activity: 8
POS= piece of shit

No pos coin does well.

Just put your money in US bond.

ETH SWITCHING will kill the coin.  They will drag it out longer and xmr  zec and btg will take over and replace it and I used and a lot in this sentence  Grin

That's why I now mine MNX :-)
Try https://mnx.optiminer.eu

And it's like ETH profits (may/June period) all back again!

More info here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/new-free-mnx-pool-00-fee-during-startup-2425960
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Its a risk like everything else in life.

People were saying since 2011 that mining will no longer be profitable.
GPU mining will not die , as people wrote , there will always be coins to mine.

Ok, I'm done here...
GPU mining will not die , as people wrote , there will always be coins to mine.
yeah these scared lemmings make me laugh, crypo and altcoins are still in infant stages, you remove eth and btc and we have only around 60 billion in market cap or less, thats pocket change, tons of coins are due for huge pumps in the next few years even if eth fails

Wow, people just keep posting irrelevant replies. Big market cap and bright future for altcoins, thats wonderful. But will it ease your pain when ETH miners migrate their HUGE hashpower to your precious infant coins and their difficulty goes up tenfold? The price increase will take years to compensate such difficulty hike. And until then you can use your rigs as cupholders.

Yours Sincirely,
Scared Lemming
There are, have been, and always (?) will be profitable coins to mine. You seem to think everyone with a GPU mines on ETHash. Many people have already jumped off that ship into other algorithms!

They won't be profitable any longer after the enormous gpu mining power jumps from ETH to other coins. That will create a massive explosion in difficulties for all coins. Thats the main point here.

I still feel like we are not on the page here, guys. It's not about the fate of ETH, it's about mining power and difficulty of all altcoins.

It's also gonna loss its value and it is gonna go to the other alts so the other alts are gonna pump so you better are buying altcoins than mining equipment

Activity: 150
Merit: 100
There are, have been, and always (?) will be profitable coins to mine. You seem to think everyone with a GPU mines on ETHash. Many people have already jumped off that ship into other algorithms!

They won't be profitable any longer after the enormous gpu mining power jumps from ETH to other coins. That will create a massive explosion in difficulties for all coins. Thats the main point here.

I still feel like we are not on the page here, guys. It's not about the fate of ETH, it's about mining power and difficulty of all altcoins.

It's also gonna loss its value and it is gonna go to the other alts so the other alts are gonna pump so you better are buying altcoins than mining equipment
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
They said back in January 2016 that "POS" is coming soon.

I am still waiting...

I dont care i am not mining eth.

From what I understand, end of ETH mining will be end of mining all coins. See the facts in the first post. I don't understand how everybody won't arrive to the same conclusion. Am I missing something important here?

Activity: 812
Merit: 500
I dont care i am not mining eth.
Activity: 364
Merit: 127
This will surely kill the coin if they switch to PoS what are the devs planning to the coin, all PoS coins are shit and useless.
A lot of people dump ETH and will lead to the coins end in the market.
POS= piece of shit

No pos coin does well.

Just put your money in US bond.

ETH SWITCHING will kill the coin.  They will drag it out longer and xmr  zec and btg will take over and replace it and I used and a lot in this sentence  Grin

i AGREE they already lost alot of hash rate and momentum with thier last fork/payout reduction  .. if you notice the ETH hashrate has actually gone down  the last few months bascially flat

they go POS they will probbaly die IMO too
Pages:
Jump to: